So about that guy from Namco's PR...

#1Luigifan141Posted 1/31/2013 9:59:15 PM
Everyone remembers this thread, right?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/64901335

A user going by the name of Halibuton claimed he worked at Namco Bandai's PR, and that he had a whole bunch of leaked inside information focusing on the new characters on offer for the next Smash Bros. game.

The reason why I'm bringing this up again is because he mentioned something that didn't actually happen; the Nintendo Direct on a Super Smash Bros. retrospective, which he claimed was supposed to show on Brawl's 5th anniversary in Japan, which would've be today, January 31st. He said it would cover the past on Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl, as well as offer some insight on the next Smash Bros. game.

There was a Nintendo Direct very recently, and while it made a passing mention of Smash at E3 2013, it definitely wasn't a retrospective at all, and many other games were announced and got way more attention than Smash Bros. did.

So is this Halibuton guy a hoax, or did he just make a little slip up?
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#2sumostickfigurePosted 1/31/2013 10:02:26 PM
He was posting about this with a newly created account at the time; Hali really doesn't deserve the sort of attention you're giving him with this topic.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#3Captain_FetishPosted 1/31/2013 10:04:02 PM
Are you implying that it wasn't totally obvious that he wasn't really a Namco employee?
---
Fetish Kick!
"The world is upside down but Captain_Fetish will save the day ^_^" - ProfessorL
#4Luigifan141(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:10:13 PM
sumostickfigure posted...
He was posting about this with a newly created account at the time; Hali really doesn't deserve the sort of attention you're giving him with this topic.

Captain_Fetish posted...
Are you implying that it wasn't totally obvious that he wasn't really a Namco employee?

Exactly! Why would he go out of his way to just make an account to post that? I don't believe the man myself, and I don't think he truly works at Namco (if he did, he would probably be fired by now) but you just don't make an account just to give out fake leaks.
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#5Captain_FetishPosted 1/31/2013 10:11:33 PM
Luigifan141 posted...

Captain_Fetish posted...

Exactly! Why would he go out of his way to just make an account to post that? I don't believe the man myself, and I don't think he truly works at Namco (if he did, he would probably be fired by now) but you just don't make an account just to give out fake leaks.

Lying?

On the INTERNET?

Ridiculous!
---
Fetish Kick!
"The world is upside down but Captain_Fetish will save the day ^_^" - ProfessorL
#6SmallerRidleyPosted 1/31/2013 10:39:49 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65333310

Y'know what makes this topic any different from that one? Better English. Otherwise, it's exactly as stupid.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#7Modus_PwnensPosted 1/31/2013 10:41:59 PM
Captain_Fetish posted...
Luigifan141 posted...

Captain_Fetish posted...

Lying?

On the INTERNET?

Ridiculous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0
#8Fierce_Deity777Posted 2/1/2013 9:16:39 AM(edited)
Luigifan141 posted...
So is this Halibuton guy a hoax, or did he just make a little slip up?

He pretty much lost all credibility to me when he confirmed that the most frequently wanted characters mentioned on these boards were going to be in SSB4. Far too much of a coincidence to be true.

Captain_Fetish posted...
Lying?

On the INTERNET?

Ridiculous!

Did I mention that I'm a French model?
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.