Super Smash Bros. Melee is going to be the 8th game at EVO.

#1Someguy_13Posted 2/1/2013 2:15:47 AM(edited)
For those unaware, EVO is the largest fighting game competition of the year.
This year, to decide what the 8th game would be a contest was held where fans of each potential game would donate money to breast cancer on behalf of their game, and whoever raised the most money would be played.

It quickly became a two horse race between Melee and Skull Girls (although Street Fighter 2: Super Turbo made a huge effort right at the end).

The final standings are:
Melee: $94 683
Skull Girls: $78 760
Super Turbo: $39 567

Full list: http://evo8thgame.appspot.com/

The total raised was:
$225 666
That's a lot of money for cancer research.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#2evilvergilPosted 2/1/2013 2:18:39 AM
Yea im really hyped about this. Huge congratulations not only to the Smash community but to Mike Z and the Skullgirls community aswell as The guys from Team Spooky supporting Super turbo for a good run. All three communities were going at it hard but in the end the Smash community was victorious!
#3LegendaryHeroRebornPosted 2/1/2013 2:31:35 AM
I don't know why, but I noticed that whenever SSBM becomes 1st, Skullgirls tries to beat it by becoming first, then SSBM fights back. Maybe it was SSBM haters since I wouldn't think Skullgirls has a big game community than established series like DOA5, Soul Calibur V. It was so intense the last 30 minutes that the donations just keep going up tremendously! Yes I'm so hyped! Hopefully Nintendo notices this effort and makes SSB4 play like the best game ever SSBM.
---
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.
#4Someguy_13(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:47:21 AM
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
I don't know why, but I noticed that whenever SSBM becomes 1st, Skullgirls tries to beat it by becoming first, then SSBM fights back. Maybe it was SSBM haters since I wouldn't think Skullgirls has a big game community than established series like DOA5, Soul Calibur V. It was so intense the last 30 minutes that the donations just keep going up tremendously! Yes I'm so hyped! Hopefully Nintendo notices this effort and makes SSB4 play like the best game ever SSBM.

Well at the very least we know some Namco reps will probably be there.

That said though, I'm not sure I want just another Melee with more characters for Smash 4.
I think they could improve Melee.

But I know I want Smash 4 to be more like Melee than Brawl.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#5Nether_RulerPosted 2/2/2013 9:34:23 AM
Someguy_13 posted...
But I know I want Smash 4 to be more like Melee than Brawl.

Amen brother.

*randy savage voice*
---
Powdered Toast Man
#6MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/2/2013 12:01:42 PM
Who cares?
#7Modus_PwnensPosted 2/2/2013 12:06:24 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
Who cares?

You just posted after a bunch of people who seem to care.
#8EJWPosted 2/2/2013 12:09:58 PM
LegendaryHeroReborn posted...
Hopefully Nintendo notices this effort and makes SSB4 play like the best game ever SSBM.

Hell to FREAKING no.

I want a new style not another freaking Melee.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.