So.... more F-Zero Reps? Metroid reps?

#1bnui_ransderPosted 2/1/2013 11:24:58 AM
Or is Ridley still too big and Black Shadow can only be a Ganondorf clone?

Move Ganondorfs moveset to Black Shadow and give him an original moveset, done.

.... smaller ridley
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bnui
http://i.imgur.com/JIETL.png - an artists rendition of me
#2ViewtifulGenePosted 2/1/2013 11:26:56 AM
You make it sound like those are the only possible newcomers for those series.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#3UberPyro64Posted 2/1/2013 11:27:07 AM
F-Zero is not relevant enough for more reps as it hasn't had a game since 2005.

Ridley is possible for a Metroid rep though.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#4MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/1/2013 11:30:16 AM
Metroid is possible, but F-ZERO is pretty much done, sad to say.
#5bnui_ransder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 11:30:22 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
You make it sound like those are the only possible newcomers for those series.

Some of the most wanted.

Unless you want MBD, that is okay too.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/bnui
http://i.imgur.com/JIETL.png - an artists rendition of me
#6IlIlIlIlIlIlIlPosted 2/1/2013 11:31:32 AM
But I do want MBD.

And Pico.

etc
---
|N|M|E|
#7HejiruPosted 2/1/2013 2:03:04 PM
F-Zero has a number of potential reps; Samurai Goroh, Black Shadow, Rick Wheeler, etc. I'm not sure how important the other characters are. I know Pico and Dr. Stewart were in the first game but it seems Jody Summer is a major character too, or am I wrong? I've played very little F-Zero.
The problem is movesets. Captain Falcon's had to be completely made up, and I've always suspected that his moveset actually came from one of the fighters in Dragon King; the characters in the beta screenshots look an awful lot like Captain Falcon's SSB64 model and considering he had generic fighting moves not from F-Zero, it's entirely possible one of the original characters had a version of Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick, before they became Falcon-themed.

As for Metroid, it definitely deserves another rep. And there's several possibilities even if we discount Ridley.
-Adam Malkovich
-Anthony Higgs
-Dark Samus
-Sylux
-MB
-Generic Chozo Warrior
-Generic Space Pirate
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#8Ari917Posted 2/1/2013 2:52:56 PM(edited)
Hejiru posted...

As for Metroid, it definitely deserves another rep. And there's several possibilities even if we discount Ridley.
-Adam Malkovich

Oh sweet chocolately goodness, no!
#9Davidk92Posted 2/1/2013 2:53:49 PM
...huh. I just added a topic discussing a potential Metroid rep then this topic gets bumped. Spooky...

Anyway, I'm all for adding new reps to both those series. Especially F-Zero; I don't care if it's not "relevant" anymore, a lot of those characters are just too cool not to be in a fighting game!
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#10Black_ShadowGXPosted 2/1/2013 3:47:06 PM
In regards to F-Zero, yes a good number of characters could be excellent Smash characters, Samurai Goroh, Jody Summer, Blood Falcon, Black Shadow, Deathborn, Phoenix, Princia, Rick Wheeler, etc. The Problem is that, F-Zero has not had a game since 2004, and it's been made clear Nintendo hasn't considered making a new entry for the series for awhile now. Plus unlike other character, which have some sort of inspiration to draw a moveset from, F-Zero characters have none or very little influences for a moveset. We get vague hints at what these characters are capable of with Goroh's Katana, Black Shadow teleporting and magic bound move from Gp Legends/GX, Deathborn's time traveling abilities and immortality, Phoenix able to create a tornado while flying etc.

Another F-Zero character would require a complete moveset done from the ground up for them. And it doesn't help they are also popular suggestions for being clone/semi-clone characters as well. Black Shadow is normally one said to adopt Ganon's moveset, though it technically betrays his whole "Kill Falcon" character if he copied him. Goroh has also been suggested as a Falcon clone or more recently a Takamaru clone if he happens to get in. And I've seen Jody Summer supporters mention her being a possible Zero-Suit Samus clone. Am I guilty of a suggestion like this? Yes but in all honesty I rather have a newcomer from F-Zero have a new moveset, They have just enough references to give any new F-Zero character a original moveset, the question is whether Sakurai thinks it's worth the time or effort to develop one. And Judging from Brawl, I don't think he does.

F-Zero had a large window of activity around Melee's release and before Brawl's development started. It got 3 GBA games, a Gamecube game, Arcade Game, and even a Anime TV show and no F-Zero character got into Brawl besides Falcon. If a newcomer didn't get in by Brawl, I'm just being honest here and just saying, that F-Zero is more than likely not getting a new character in Smash 4, especially when comparing Post-Melee/Pre-Brawl days to Post-Brawl & Pre-Smash Wii U/3DS days, the series is inactive for the moment save for the rerun of the anime going on in Japan.

While F-Zero has alot of potential newcomers, it maybe a simple fact that it's simply not going to get one at this point and time, unless Sakurai suddenly likes making/copying a moveset for a new one to fatten up the roster.
---
Meh