This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So.... more F-Zero Reps? Metroid reps?

#11Davidk92Posted 2/1/2013 2:50:15 PM
Black_ShadowGX posted...
Another F-Zero character would require a complete moveset done from the ground up for them. ...in all honesty I rather have a newcomer from F-Zero have a new moveset,

Just saying, this is actually one of the main reasons I want F-Zero characters so badly.

And screw the people who say they should be clones.
---
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can't do."
~Walter Bagehot
#12Goshner2Posted 2/1/2013 2:53:39 PM
There was an entire Metroid game full of playable characters. Plus, people loved Rhundas, Ghor, and Gandrayda. Ridley is hardly the only option.

I think Samurai Goroh is more fitting and more deserving than Black Shadow anyway.
---
Deceased Prince of Popcorn of the Skyward Sword Board
"And I will never support Chrom." -Doug314
#13deoxyscyclonePosted 2/1/2013 3:01:03 PM
If they can have Ness/Lucas and frickin' Fox/Falco/Wolf, I swear they better at least bring in Dark Samus. At least Dark Samus could have a completely unique moveset!

Ridley would be awesome to play as, though I see him more as a boss than a character, sadly...
---
http://nightsbeta09.deviantart.com/
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! I LP my favorite games! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#14EarthLord_CJPosted 2/2/2013 11:27:57 PM
Goshner2 posted...
There was an entire Metroid game full of playable characters. Plus, people loved Rhundas, Ghor, and Gandrayda. Ridley is hardly the only option.

They're all viable for a position, of course, but I don't know how popular they'd be compared to Ridley.
However, if there was, at some point confirmation from Sakurai that Ridley wasn't going to be in, then I'm sure any of the other Hunters from MP3 (and potentially Dark Samus) would have pretty significant backing by the fanbase.

I think Samurai Goroh is more fitting and more deserving than Black Shadow anyway.

There was a fairly lengthy debate on the issue of Black Shadow and Goroh being playable in one of Snakey's topics.
It was basically said, by a staunch supporter of F-Zero, that it's pretty unlikely that we got either of them, but that Black Shadow would have an edge over Goroh due to how he's been used as one of the faces of F-Zero. He's a huge part of the anime, and (in regards to F-Zero GX on the Gamecube, at least), he still plays a damn big role, only overshadowed by Deathborn (who gets less screen-time, anyway).
All that being said, Black Shadow as a character could possibly result in him taking Ganon's moveset, so the question one might ask is whether or not Sakurai wants to add him for that purpose, or create an entirely new moveset for someone like Goroh (both of which seem fairly plausible, IMO).
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#15Lethal13Posted 2/3/2013 3:09:17 AM
Goshner2 posted...

Gotta say i didn't love rundas, ghor or gandrayda i liked the idea of their characters but how they translated in the game not so much.

Ridley or Dark Samus for me, however if dark samus gets in she'd probably just end up being a clone so i'd prefer ridley.

Also yes samurai goroh would be pretty cool, but i'm not exactly pining for new reps from either series
#16ViewtifulGenePosted 2/3/2013 4:58:40 AM
bnui_ransder posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
You make it sound like those are the only possible newcomers for those series.

Some of the most wanted.

Unless you want MBD, that is okay too.

I was thinking of Samurai Goroh and Dark Samus.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#178-bitMegamanPosted 2/3/2013 5:03:25 AM
Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters might most likely be the future Dark Samus if the Prime series continue. He was seen in the ending of Prime 3 following Samus in the Delano 7. This is why they should bring back the Prime series instead of ruining it with Other M.
---
Across the highest mountains, into the endless seas, our journey ever onwards fight until we all be free
#18LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/3/2013 5:07:58 AM
deoxyscyclone posted...
If they can have Ness/Lucas and frickin' Fox/Falco/Wolf, I swear they better at least bring in Dark Samus. At least Dark Samus could have a completely unique moveset!

Lucas, Falco, and Wolf could have completely unique movesets as well if Sakurai wanted to give them unique movesets.

Hell, Wolf would take very little effort to make completely unique from Fox. He's barely a clone of him at all.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#19IngSlayerPosted 2/3/2013 6:05:01 AM
Hejiru posted...
As for Metroid, it definitely deserves another rep. And there's several possibilities even if we discount Ridley.
-Adam Malkovich
-MB

I assume you mean Other M Adam and not Fusion Adam...placed into a robot body.

Why would anyone want either of these?
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#20GenoPosted 2/3/2013 7:49:30 AM
In my humble opinion, F-Zero doesn't need more representation unless it's James McCloud just to mess with people. :P

Metroid's got potential still, though, which I think will be kinda skipped over in this game too.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853