Super Smash Canon: Round 1: Losers' FFA Part 1

#1Goshner2Posted 2/1/2013 2:04:36 PM
Read the OP before voting - Results (65 votes)
Wario
7.69% (5 votes)
Bowser
23.08% (15 votes)
Captain Olimar
9.23% (6 votes)
Sonic
26.15% (17 votes)
Lucario
12.31% (8 votes)
Marth
21.54% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is an idea I've had for a while. Which of the smashers would win in a tournament if they had all their powers available to them and we weren't in control of them? In other words, it's a battle based on how strong they are canonically!

Who fights whom and where they fight has been decided by randomthingychooser.com. I swear, it actually picked these fights. Some of them are amazing coincidences.

Here's how this is going to work. Each topic (like every other day or so), there will be a fight to vote on. Before voting, read the OP. I will have listed things to consider in the fight. Here are a few rules/things to expect:

1. As a default, all characters have every ability/item they have ever had in any canon game available to them unless I specify otherwise. I will almost always specify that godlike items such as the Star Rod or the completed Triforce do not count.

2. Items and abilities do not stack. For example, Link will have 99 arrows because that is the max he has ever had in any game (and, yes, Link in this tournament is a combination of all Links).

3. Any ability or item or whatever that occurs as a result of a glitch or a cheat does not count.

4. I will tell you anything relevant about their surroundings that might affect the fight in any way.

5. Any contradiction between games I will resolve (if I don't please point it out to me and I will make a ruling). For example, Yoshi will not dissolve in water.

6. Health should not be taken literally. In other words, Mario doesn't die in 3 hits. However, it should be taken into consideration for comparisons. For example, while Mario doesn't actually die in 3 hits, 3 points of health is still a much smaller amount than Link's 20 hearts. I won't specify an exact exchange rate for any character ever, but I'll let you interpret it as you wish.

7. Since there has been questions and confusion, I am reminding you here that I do not list everything that they can do/have. I am only listing things that I feel need to be said (and on occasion for humor).

So, here we go:

Just a reminder, critical hits are just hits that strike a more vital area. They do not happen on a random basis.

Today is a little different. Today is the first day of the Losers' FFA. The top fighter from each of the FFAs will be brought back into the main tournament. The rest are all gone for good. Remember to actually vote for who you think would win, not just who you like the most.

Also, fighters can fight alongside each other as long as they follow the criteria for who they would work with that I spell out for each person. But, only one person can win in the end.

Hiding is also an option, but the fight won't end until one of the final two beats another one of the final two. If one of the last two dies of any other cause that was not directly or indirectly caused by the other, they both lose.

Wario:
He had the misfortune of fighting Kirby. He's a pretty impressive fighter otherwise. He also has the home field advantage (not that he actually knows his way around). He doesn't play well with others. Unless they give him something he likes, he won't fight alongside anyone.
Absolutely incredible durability and strength
Amazing ability to simply "get over" any curse, mutation, disease, or any other such malignity that might afflict him in a matter of seconds (seriously, has anyone else ever noticed this?)
Eating disgusting things heals him
---
Deceased Prince of Popcorn of the Skyward Sword Board
"And I will never support Chrom." -Doug314
#2Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:05:18 PM
Bowser:
He was matched up against his old rival. Given his track record, he didn't stand much of a chance. Still, he put up a fight. This Koopa could still make a comeback. He does not work WITH people. People work FOR him. He will fight alongside anyone who agrees to follow his command (regardless of whether they mean it).
Same size he appears in Brawl
If something is able to get his adrenaline pumping (Bowser's Inside Story) then he will get bigger depending on how much adrenaline is pumped
Does not have the Star Rod or the Grand Stars
His head can't come off

Captain Olimar:
He didn't do so bad against Link. There has been debate over whether or not I should allow him to be half the size of Link, but I'm not really changing my mind here. For all we know, all Nintendo universes are very tiny. Therefore, Olimar is actually right on par with everyone else. However, Hocotations are still short and stocky people. So, he only comes up to a Hylian's waste. If he is the size he is "supposed" to be, the fight isn't even interesting. He's always looking for more help. As long as they aren't too scary looking (he has his Pikmin to think about), he will fight with them.
There is an Onion of each of the three main colors on the battlefield
Each Onion starts with 300 Pikmin
Still limited to 100 at a time
There is one Purple and one White Candypop bud near the Onions that magically never whither away
Remember that he also has all those upgrades to his suit which make not completely useless on his own and resistant to many types of damage
Oxygen is still toxic to him

Sonic:
He had the worst luck of all. He had to fight Samus in Norfair. Not only did she have the home field advantage, but lava affects Sonic a lot more than Samus. He's too cocky to fight UNDER someone, but he will fight alongside anyone who seems like they aren't overly evil.
Has one Chaos Emerald with which he can use Chaos Control
Can turn into a werehog... not sure if that will help...
I think Sonic had some sort of armor and a sword or something in that Black Knight game... Sure he can summon that at will I guess. I don't really care. But if it gets destroyed, he can't summon it anymore. Unless he can. I don't know...whatever...

Lucario:
He had to fight Pit on a raceway several miles above a metallic city. Not exactly the best scenario to fight a person who can fly. As a Pokemon with fighting attacks (super effective against Dark), Lucario is one of the few people who can reasonably beat Ganondorf. Just something to think about. He is a Pokemon. He will take orders from anyone who will give them. However, no one in this fight has enough badges to successfully tell him what to do 100% of the time.
Has the max he can get in every stat with a beneficial nature in attack and hindering nature in special defense (not sure if that will matter at all, but something to consider)
Has Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Extreme Speed, and Sword's Dance with the normal amount of PP for each attack
Extreme Speed can be used in mid-air
Doesn't have to actually use attacks to do damage, he can also punch, kick, etc.
Swords Dance increases the power of his normal punches and kicks

Marth:
He fought valiantly against Wolf but just couldn't make up for his lack of range. With his Falchion, he is another one of the few who could reasonably beat Ganondorf. He is a man of virtue but not above helping others. As long as they aren't evil, he will fight with them, no matter what.
---
#3Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:06:49 PM
Wario Woods:
Let's face it. This fight isn't the strangest thing to happen in these woods. There isn't a huge amount to worry about, though. The biggest problem is that the trees cut of vision. All of the fighters start in a different corner of the woods. They have to find each other first.

Fight 1: Bowser vs. Mario at Hyrule Field Winner: Mario

Fight 2: Pit vs. Lucario at Mute City Race Track Winner: Pit

Fight 3: Sonic vs. Samus at Norfair Winner: Samus

Fight 4: Lucas vs. Donkey Kong at Death Mountain Winner: Lucas

Fight 5: Fox vs. Ganondorf at Fountain of Dreams Winner: Ganondorf

Fight 6: Mr. Game and Watch vs. Yoshi at Delfino Plaza Winner: Yoshi

Fight 7: Luigi vs. Snake at Shadow Moses Island Winner: Snake

Fight 8: Peach vs. Ike at DK Isle Winner: Ike

Fight 9: R.O.B. vs. Falco at Corneria City Winner: Falco

Fight 10: Captain Falcon vs. Pokemon Trainer at Onett Winner: Pokemon Trainer

Fight 11: Jigglypuff vs. Pikachu at Planet Pikmin Winner: Pikachu

Fight 12: Olimar vs. Link at Gallian Countryside Winner: Link

Fight 13: Wolf vs. Marth at Central Station Winner: Wolf

Fight 14: Ness vs. Meta Knight at Diamond City Winner: Ness

Fight 15: Ice Climbers vs. Diddy Kong at Sky World Winner: Diddy Kong

Fight 16: King Dedede vs. Zelda at Spear Pillar Winner: Zelda

Fight 17: Kirby vs. Wario at Pooptown (Animal Crossing) Winner: Kirby

Losers' FFA:
Fight 1 at Wario Woods:
Wario
Bowser
Captain Olimar
Sonic
Lucario
Marth

Fight 2 at Yoshi's Island:
Fox
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi
Meta Knight
Peach

Fight 3 at Green Greens:
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
King Dedede
---
#4tehponycornPosted 2/1/2013 2:09:00 PM
With the help of a ragtag team of mercenaries and scattered army members. WITHOUT PANTS. TWICE
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#5Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:12:53 PM
Announcements/comments/questions section:

In case you are interested, the fights for the Losers' FFA were arranged by randomthingychooser.com. The order I selected was determined by how badly the loser lost. The worse their loss was, the earlier they were organized. That way, the better fighters stood better odds of not ending up in fights with each other (since the last slots would end up getting filled with the better fighters). I think it worked out rather well.

I've changed the vote allowance today. Anyone can vote. I did this so that more votes can get in the system since there are more people to vote for.

As of right now, all previous fights are final. You can't go back and vote on any of them anymore. Technically, you can, but I won't pay attention to them.

I got suggestions for battlefields for round 2, but that was before my long hiatus and I have since forgotten/lost them all. New suggestions would be appreciated.
---
#6Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:14:26 PM
tehponycorn posted...
With the help of a ragtag team of mercenaries and scattered army members. WITHOUT PANTS. TWICE

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say.
---
#7Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 3:42:21 PM
A shockingly small number of votes so far.
---
#8Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:07:05 PM
It's looking like Sonic is going to win this.
---
#9HejiruPosted 2/1/2013 6:47:45 PM
I think the main fight here will be between Bowser and Olimar. Wario doesn't really stand a chance here. Lucario could probably track Sonic with Aura no matter how fast he's going. I can't remember if the Falchion repels evil like the Master Sword and half a dozen other fictional swords, but either way it probably would hurt Bowser a lot. If Olimar is large, then he's a huge threat. 100 waist-high Pikmin latched onto you? Yikes.

The thing that decides this fight I think, is the fact that Bowser can breath fire. That eliminates all of Olimar's army except the reds, and not to mention starts a forest fire that makes the fight very difficult for everyone else. Olimar himself is vulnerable to fire, but according to the rules characters have all their items, so the Forged Courage renders him immune to fire. Marth and Wario are only human, so they're greatly impeded by the forest fire Bowser would inevitably start. And Lucario, being part Steel-type, is weak to fire. That leaves Sonic, who is just as vulnerable to flames as any human, as far as I know.

But the kicker here is that Olimar has 100 of each kind of Pikmin. That means he can have an entire army of Red Pikmin, immune to flames. Suddenly Bowser isn't so tough anymore. He'd probably take out a lot of Pikmin what with his claws and teeth and general weight. But Olimar and the Pikmin have taken down enemies just as deadly as Bowser before, and ones that are even bigger than Bowser would be if the the Pikmin are human-waist-high. However, one could still argue that it is entirely possible for Bowser to kill all the Pikmin. It could really go either way, but 100 giant fireproof Pikmin on you makes it hard to fight back.

TL;DR: Bowser starts a forest fire, which greatly hinders Lucario, Marth, Wario, and Sonic, then Olimar sics 100 waist-high fireproof Red Pikmin on Bowser.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#10Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 6:53:32 PM
Hejiru posted...
I think the main fight here will be between Bowser and Olimar. Wario doesn't really stand a chance here. Lucario could probably track Sonic with Aura no matter how fast he's going. I can't remember if the Falchion repels evil like the Master Sword and half a dozen other fictional swords, but either way it probably would hurt Bowser a lot. If Olimar is large, then he's a huge threat. 100 waist-high Pikmin latched onto you? Yikes.

The thing that decides this fight I think, is the fact that Bowser can breath fire. That eliminates all of Olimar's army except the reds, and not to mention starts a forest fire that makes the fight very difficult for everyone else. Olimar himself is vulnerable to fire, but according to the rules characters have all their items, so the Forged Courage renders him immune to fire. Marth and Wario are only human, so they're greatly impeded by the forest fire Bowser would inevitably start. And Lucario, being part Steel-type, is weak to fire. That leaves Sonic, who is just as vulnerable to flames as any human, as far as I know.

But the kicker here is that Olimar has 100 of each kind of Pikmin. That means he can have an entire army of Red Pikmin, immune to flames. Suddenly Bowser isn't so tough anymore. He'd probably take out a lot of Pikmin what with his claws and teeth and general weight. But Olimar and the Pikmin have taken down enemies just as deadly as Bowser before, and ones that are even bigger than Bowser would be if the the Pikmin are human-waist-high. However, one could still argue that it is entirely possible for Bowser to kill all the Pikmin. It could really go either way, but 100 giant fireproof Pikmin on you makes it hard to fight back.

TL;DR: Bowser starts a forest fire, which greatly hinders Lucario, Marth, Wario, and Sonic, then Olimar sics 100 waist-high fireproof Red Pikmin on Bowser.

I like it, but I think Bowser could take down 100 waist high pikmin. Also, Sonic could probably spin enough to generate enough wind to put out the fire in the area around him. Never doubt the power of moving really fast.

And, yes, Falchion is extra strong on dark creatures. I'm not sure if Bowser counts as "dark" though.
---