Super Smash Canon: Round 1: Losers' FFA Part 2

#1Goshner2Posted 2/2/2013 11:13:03 AM
Read the OP before voting - Results (56 votes)
Fox
23.21% (13 votes)
Jigglypuff
26.79% (15 votes)
Mr. Game & Watch
1.79% (1 votes)
Luigi
7.14% (4 votes)
Meta Knight
37.5% (21 votes)
Peach
3.57% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is an idea I've had for a while. Which of the smashers would win in a tournament if they had all their powers available to them and we weren't in control of them? In other words, it's a battle based on how strong they are canonically!

Who fights whom and where they fight has been decided by randomthingychooser.com. I swear, it actually picked these fights. Some of them are amazing coincidences.

Here's how this is going to work. Each topic (like every other day or so), there will be a fight to vote on. Before voting, read the OP. I will have listed things to consider in the fight. Here are a few rules/things to expect:

1. As a default, all characters have every ability/item they have ever had in any canon game available to them unless I specify otherwise. I will almost always specify that godlike items such as the Star Rod or the completed Triforce do not count.

2. Items and abilities do not stack. For example, Link will have 99 arrows because that is the max he has ever had in any game (and, yes, Link in this tournament is a combination of all Links).

3. Any ability or item or whatever that occurs as a result of a glitch or a cheat does not count.

4. I will tell you anything relevant about their surroundings that might affect the fight in any way.

5. Any contradiction between games I will resolve (if I don't please point it out to me and I will make a ruling). For example, Yoshi will not dissolve in water.

6. Health should not be taken literally. In other words, Mario doesn't die in 3 hits. However, it should be taken into consideration for comparisons. For example, while Mario doesn't actually die in 3 hits, 3 points of health is still a much smaller amount than Link's 20 hearts. I won't specify an exact exchange rate for any character ever, but I'll let you interpret it as you wish.

7. Since there has been questions and confusion, I am reminding you here that I do not list everything that they can do/have. I am only listing things that I feel need to be said (and on occasion for humor).

So, here we go:

Just a reminder, critical hits are just hits that strike a more vital area. They do not happen on a random basis.

Today is a little different. Today is the first day of the Losers' FFA. The top fighter from each of the FFAs will be brought back into the main tournament. The rest are all gone for good. Remember to actually vote for who you think would win, not just who you like the most.

Also, fighters can fight alongside each other as long as they follow the criteria for who they would work with that I spell out for each person. But, only one person can win in the end.

Hiding is also an option, but the fight won't end until one of the final two beats another one of the final two. If one of the last two dies of any other cause that was not directly or indirectly caused by the other, they both lose.

Fox:
He had the misfortune of having to fight Ganondorf while NOT being one of the people with an item or ability that can do extra damage to him. Despite that, it was still a close fight. His arsenal of weapons should not be taken lightly. He is a born leader. He will lead anyone willing to listen to him.
Can summon one Arwing, Landmaster, and Blue Marine (however much help that might be) from the Great Fox to help during the fight
Once a machine is summoned, it cannot leave the battlegrounds and cannot be repaired
Has Krystal's staff
Has one of every weapon from Assault (excluding the Golden Rocket Launcher) fully loaded with the max amount of ammo for each weapon
---
Deceased Prince of Popcorn of the Skyward Sword Board
"And I will never support Chrom." -Doug314
#2Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:13:24 AM
Jigglypuff:
Jigglypuff lost in a classic Pokemon battle against Pikachu. Personally, I thought Jiggly should have won, but Pikachu's ranged attacks were too much for the puffball to handle. As a Pokemon, Jigglypuff will take order from anyone who will give them, as long as they demonstrate enough confidence and capability. Once it is down to two though, Jigglypuff won't listen to anyone.
He can still float in a Kirby-ish fashion
Has Max stats in every stat with a beneficial nature in Special Defense and a detrimental nature in Defense
Has Double Slap, Rollout, Hyper Voice, and Sing
Upon starting a Rollout, Jigglypuff is stuck rolling as a rock until something forceful hits it or it loses momentum
Hitting an enemy at all wakes them from Sing's effects
Has Leftovers

Mr. Game & Watch:
Let's face it. The guy is a freeby. I even got creative with his powers. He lost to Yoshi and probably deserved it. Also, he doesn't understand the concept of teamwork.
Can take out any of the equipment he uses in any of his games out of nowhere
Even if he loses contact with one of his creations and/or it is destroyed, he can replace it
There is only one of him

Luigi:
In another stroke of purely awful luck, Luigi had the fight Snake on Shadow Moses Island. It's one thing to have to fight Snake at all, but when Snake knows the lay of the land, you are seriously out of luck. Does the Lean and Mean Green Machine deserve to fade out in obscurity this way? He is used to to teamwork and will work with anyone not villainous.
Can generate electricity in his hands
Has the Poltergust 3000 and a flash light
Any source of water, fire, or ice has the little sprite things he uses to power the elemental powers of his Poltergust 3000
Has one of every power-up item that has ever been available to him in any game except for the Super Mushroom, Mega Mushroom, and Starman
Can only use one power-up at once and once he starts using one, he can't cancel it
A big enough hit will make him permanently lose whatever power-up he had active
He doesn't shrink when hit

Meta Knight:
Apparently, Meta Knight's speed and skill wasn't enough to keep him from losing to the power house, Ness. But, now is a chance for a comeback. Will he be able to seize it? He will only work with people who he thinks are less capable than himself. Therefore, he will not take commands from others. If he thinks they are more capable than him, then he MUST fight them.
Can't summon allies (that would be cheating)
Can heal himself (though the points he uses to do so comes from killing)
Can use his cape to fly permanently (as opposed to the gliding in Smash Bros)

Peach:
In perhaps the closest fight of the tournament, Peach just barely lost to Ike. Do not doubt her powers. Over the years, she has gathered quite a few amazing abilities. Now is her time to demonstrate them. Also, in a team based setting, her powers can shine even more. She will immediately seek out Luigi for protection. She won't work with anyone else unless Luigi is working with them as well.
Has all of her spells from Mario RPG
Can use "Come Back" to revive a downed ally as long as their body isn't totally mutilated (but she obviously can't use it on herself)
Has emotion powers
Has dat umbrella which can be used for floating and defense
When used for defense, only defense piercing attacks can hurt her, but anyone can just aim for somewhere the umbrella isn't covering or just rip it out of her hands (she doesn't have a strong grip)
Other people can't use her umbrella
---
#3Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:14:39 AM
Yoshi's Island:
Luigi and Peach have been here enough times to know the lay of the land. There is a slight Shy Guy infestation, but they don't serve as more than a minor threat to anyone in this fight (except for possibly Game & Watch). The Shy Guys DO provide Meta Knight with something to kill for points though. There are currently no Yoshis on the island. They are all off partying elsewhere. There are many different terrains across the island which might benefit some people more than others including plains, woods, caves, hills, and mountains. All of the fighters start on a different corner of the Island.

Fight 1: Bowser vs. Mario at Hyrule Field Winner: Mario

Fight 2: Pit vs. Lucario at Mute City Race Track Winner: Pit

Fight 3: Sonic vs. Samus at Norfair Winner: Samus

Fight 4: Lucas vs. Donkey Kong at Death Mountain Winner: Lucas

Fight 5: Fox vs. Ganondorf at Fountain of Dreams Winner: Ganondorf

Fight 6: Mr. Game and Watch vs. Yoshi at Delfino Plaza Winner: Yoshi

Fight 7: Luigi vs. Snake at Shadow Moses Island Winner: Snake

Fight 8: Peach vs. Ike at DK Isle Winner: Ike

Fight 9: R.O.B. vs. Falco at Corneria City Winner: Falco

Fight 10: Captain Falcon vs. Pokemon Trainer at Onett Winner: Pokemon Trainer

Fight 11: Jigglypuff vs. Pikachu at Planet Pikmin Winner: Pikachu

Fight 12: Olimar vs. Link at Gallian Countryside Winner: Link

Fight 13: Wolf vs. Marth at Central Station Winner: Wolf

Fight 14: Ness vs. Meta Knight at Diamond City Winner: Ness

Fight 15: Ice Climbers vs. Diddy Kong at Sky World Winner: Diddy Kong

Fight 16: King Dedede vs. Zelda at Spear Pillar Winner: Zelda

Fight 17: Kirby vs. Wario at Pooptown (Animal Crossing) Winner: Kirby

Losers' FFA:
Fight 1 at Wario Woods: Winner: Sonic
Wario
Bowser
Captain Olimar
Sonic
Lucario
Marth

Fight 2 at Yoshi's Island:
Fox
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi
Meta Knight
Peach

Fight 3 at Green Greens:
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
King Dedede
---
#4Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:45:10 AM(edited)
Announcements/comments/questions section:

Just like yesterday, the voting allowance is more free today to attempt to get more votes for more people.

Also, until Round 2 starts, you can vote on any of the Losers' FFAs. If you haven't yet, you should go vote on yesterdays. As of right now, Sonic has won, but it is open to change. It is very close right now between several people.

Edit: Here is a link to yesterday's fight for your convenience:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65340357

I didn't get any suggestions yesterday so I'm gonna try again. Any suggestions for battlefields for Round 2?

Edit: Here are some excerpts on how we decided Jigglypuff's sing would work:

When asked about accuracy:

For the most part, just use logic. For the sake of this, Thunder takes a while to charge up and it telecasts around where it is going to strike. Therefore, if you are paying attention, it is pretty easy to dodge. On the other hand, it IS a lightning strike which means it isn't too terribly easy to dodge.

I'm assuming Thunder was the reason you asked?

Edit: You could also be referring to Sing I suppose. Technically, that isn't missing. It's just failing. So, for this fight, Sing has a [whatever the chance of failing in Pokemon is] chance of failing. Jigglypuff could just spam sings until the intended target falls asleep, but this would drain PP fast.

More on how sing works:

I answered the first part of that in my edit above. As for the rest, as long as the recipient hears it, it has a chance to be effective. However, Jigglypuff has a tiny voice (except when using Hyper Voice) so the range isn't too far. Hearing any part of the song will cause you to fall asleep, but the song only lasts about 3 seconds.

And one last thing I said:

Let me put it this way, I consider Hyper Voice a much greater threat than Sing.

So, Sing has a 50% chance of succeeding when the enemy is actually able to hear it. Get hit once and the sleeping victim wakes up. They will also wake up after about 10 seconds or so (that's how long I imagine a few turns in Pokemon would actually last). And, the range isn't even that long.
---
#5MichaelollPosted 2/2/2013 11:18:05 AM
Take off one vote for Luigi, MetaKnight, and Jigglypuff. People voted on them before you posted everything, and you wanted us to read everything right?
#6Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:20:40 AM
Michaeloll posted...
Take off one vote for Luigi, MetaKnight, and Jigglypuff. People voted on them before you posted everything, and you wanted us to read everything right?

The vote for Luigi was me.

And, I'm not 100% certain when those other votes appeared, but I know I had posted almost everything before they appeared. Meta Knight is a pretty normal vote anyway. Jigglypuff was kinda weird, but joke votes are gonna happen either way. The existence of all the info wouldn't have changed that.

I don't really mind, but thank you for caring. :)
---
#7MichaelollPosted 2/2/2013 11:22:55 AM
Goshner2 posted...
Michaeloll posted...

The vote for Luigi was me.

And, I'm not 100% certain when those other votes appeared, but I know I had posted almost everything before they appeared. Meta Knight is a pretty normal vote anyway. Jigglypuff was kinda weird, but joke votes are gonna happen either way. The existence of all the info wouldn't have changed that.

I don't really mind, but thank you for caring. :)

No problem. x]
#8Captain_FetishPosted 2/2/2013 11:27:53 AM
Are we considering the anime canon? If so, Jiggz wins. There's no staying awake for the other characters.
---
Fetish Kick!
"The world is upside down but Captain_Fetish will save the day ^_^" - ProfessorL
#9Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:33:42 AM
Here's how I think it would play out:

Fox draws a lot of attention to himself by summoning a Land Master. Meta Knight takes notice and goes to him. Jigglypuff and Game & Watch also head towards the obvious enemy. Meanwhile, Peach and Luigi look for each other. Since they both know the island well after being there so many times, they are able to find each other fairly easily.

Upon arriving in the main fight, G & W is decimated immediately. Who wins between Meta Knight and Fox comes down largely to who gets Jigglypuff on their side. Meta Knight has destroyed large Mechs before. He can do it again regardless of Jigglypuff. Whoever Jiggly sides with, he's gonna get taken out pretty quick. It will, however, tire out the other combatant in the long run.

The fight takes to the air as Fox summons and Arwing once his tank is destroyed. If Meta Knight wins, no more Arwing (and of course no more Fox). If Fox wins, he starts bombarding the island. However, with Luigi and Peach's advance knowledge of the Island, they take shelter in the caves which are virtually unfazed by the barrage. Fox would then be forced to come in for a closer bit of combat. Together, Luigi and Peach could beat Fox because of all them OP healing spells. If Meta Knight beats Fox, then the same thing happens, but the whole hiding in the caves doesn't need to happen.

Once it's down to Luigi and Peach, Luigi can beat Peach fairly easily.

Honestly, I started this topic thinking either Meta Knight or Fox had this in the bag until I thought about it more. Then, considering all of the incredibly lucky advantages Luigi and Peach got, I had to go with one of them.
---
#10Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:34:57 AM
Captain_Fetish posted...
Are we considering the anime canon? If so, Jiggz wins. There's no staying awake for the other characters.

No, animes are not canon.

Also, we decided last time how Jigglypuff's singing works. Let me find it and I'll paste it in the comments section.
---