This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate Their Chances Reboot: Day 35: The Babies and Chrom (Revote)

#11MichaelollPosted 2/2/2013 3:33:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12guedesbrawlPosted 2/2/2013 4:35:49 PM
Michaeloll posted...
Okay people seem to be mixed about this, but are the babies considered to be part of the Yoshi or the Mario franchise?

only b.daisy would be a mario rep by default.

B.mario bros would be a cool way to get another yoshi rep,but considering M&L PiT....they would be TOO similat to the ice climbers.

chrom gets in for sure.only a pity that waddle dee is SO likely to appear,that chrom won't be throwing spears around...
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#13LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/2/2013 5:13:59 PM(edited)
Chrom - 95%

Easily one of the most likely characters out there. He's fairly requested in Japan and currently one of the newests lords in the series (and as Melee and Brawl have shown us, new lords get priority over older lords that aren't Marth). I'd argue that he's more important to Awakening than Lucina is and given who Lucina is, she'll probably be an alt for a different character in the roster.

It's worth mentioning that his game has done incredibly well in Japan and has sold out two weeks before it's even going to be released through preorders at Gamestop in the US.

Awakening and the newest FE remake's Japanese releases are 2 years apart and even if the next Fire Emblem game doesn't take as long as that to get released, there's still the fact that Awakening was released in 2012, the same year that SSB4 started development. The odds of there being another Fire Emblem before the roster is already decided is highly unlikely and even if it did happen, they could always pull another Marth/Ike move and have Chrom show up in the next FE game.

There's nothing overrated about the high scores he gets. You can cry about how much you'd like to have a non-sword using Fire Emblem character and/or a Fire Emblem character with boobs all you want, but that doesn't change reality.

Predict 2% for Epona.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#14I_AM_MUMM_RAPosted 2/2/2013 5:12:31 PM
99% for Chrom. He is relevant and his game is amazing critically and is often considered the best in the series. Chrom himself is it's hero so obviously he would be the choice for it.
---
I AM THE ALL POWERFUL MUMM RA!!!!
#15Stun427Posted 2/2/2013 5:57:21 PM
The Babies: 1% You really have to wonder if these were joke nominations. Mario rep competition gets tough and these characters are the bottom of the barrel.

Chrom: 50% Likely but not what these people with the overly high scores are giving. As pointed out already new games with potential reps for Smash tend to go through the bandwagon effect when it comes to support for a character and this is no different. Chrom is nothing special and brings squat to the table for Smash. Oh right he's the new guy on the block for Fire Emblem so of course he's first in line which is really a shame. So much potential from this series wasted on this nobody.

Lets predict 3% and nominate Toon Zelda x 5.
---
Fun fact: Playing the nostalgia goggles card shows you have nothing of value to say and are grasping at straws to argue with someone.
#16TheUglyMooMooPosted 2/2/2013 10:29:37 PM(edited)
98%. Probably #1 in terms of newcomers and the only one I'd put over 90. FE Awakening being as good as it is as well as well as popular shows that Chrom will most likely be in and will probably replace Ike like Ike did Roy.

Oh and the Baby Mario and Luigi get 5% for a combo while the other babies get 0.1% for being too minor.
#17Dustof_DryBonesPosted 2/2/2013 10:38:25 PM
Chrom: 97%

I feel like he's basically a shoo-in at this point. Fire Emblem is getting some seriously good reviews and will undoubtedly sell very well in NA. I can totally see him overtaking Ike's spot on the roster too.

All of the babies get a 0.01% from me.
---
Ahoy, matey!
#18BrawlYa200Posted 2/3/2013 12:01:18 AM
I give Chrom a 99%. Nintendo is really pushing this game and it has done extremely well. So I have no doubt he will be in.

I give Baby Mario, Luigi, Peach and Daisy a 0.01%. They are highly unlikely with all the other competition Mario has.
#19DynasticAnthonyPosted 2/4/2013 8:41:06 AM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
Chrom: 97%

I feel like he's basically a shoo-in at this point. Fire Emblem is getting some seriously good reviews and will undoubtedly sell very well in NA. I can totally see him overtaking Ike's spot on the roster too.

All of the babies get a 0.01% from me.

Remember, you need an explanation for the babies.
---
Tom Nook, Waluigi, Leon S. Kennedy, Chrom, Ghirahim, Frank West and King K. Rool for Smash Bros. 4!
R.I.P. HylianCyndaquil aka Holly. I'll miss ya! :(
#20albertojz356Posted 2/4/2013 10:18:50 AM(edited)
Hope I'm not too late.

Chrom- 85%
He's got more thunder than Ike did before Brawl and he's far more deserving than either Roy/Ike. I think the biggest danger to him is the possiblity of him being Fire Emblem's Zoroark. I doubt that would happen though. His main competition, imo, are Robin and Masked Marth; all of them are incredibly popular and important. However by the way Awakening works I think they could very well pair Chrom and one of the other two (probably Robin) to represent this new mechanic. Regardless paired or alone as of now I think he's the likeliest newcomer possibility.

Baby Daisy- 1%
I think Baby Daisy is the only one that deserves this score but anyways she's impossible by the looks of it her main competition is her more recurring and iconic self the regular Daisy who isn't even in yet so I doubt they would consider Baby Daisy.

The other Babies- 10%
The other three are a little bit more likely than her but nothing to brag about. If they wanted a second version of Baby bros they'd probably use the more successful ones such as Paper/Doctor Mario Luigi's Mansion Luigi and or any of their sports based selves.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!