POLL: What Zelda newcomer do you think is most deserving?

#1liveman789Posted 2/3/2013 6:37:06 PM
What Zelda newcomer do you think is most deserving? - Results (89 votes)
Toon Zelda / Tetra
15.73% (14 votes)
Impa
7.87% (7 votes)
Ghirahim
23.6% (21 votes)
Vaati
15.73% (14 votes)
Tingle
13.48% (12 votes)
Skull Kid
12.36% (11 votes)
Demise
0% (0 votes)
Midna
7.87% (7 votes)
Zant
0% (0 votes)
Other (comment below)
3.37% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Keep in mind for who you think is the most DESERVING or LIKELY. Not who'd you prefer.

You can also say who you'd prefer in a comment if you'd like, though.
#2MottmanPosted 2/3/2013 6:38:22 PM
LOL, haters be darned. Tingle is the ONLY deserving Zelda newcomer.
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
#3victinivcreate1Posted 2/3/2013 6:39:21 PM
Ghirahim please.

I would die of laughter if i saw him fighting with Zelda in smash. Licking her LOL!
---
Genesect, Mewtwo, Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, Megaman, Isaac, Saki, Toad, King K. Rool, Ghirahim, Roy, Little Mac, Megaman, and DLC for SSB4
#4evilsquirrlePosted 2/3/2013 6:40:39 PM
Skull Kid.
Main villain, has appeared again (though minor appearances), could bring some cool gameplay to the table.

Then again, I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Demise.
#5EarthLord_CJPosted 2/3/2013 6:51:57 PM
Vaati or Tingle, maybe?
No, I'm not picking favourites here, since I dislike Tingle as much as the next guy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#6HejiruPosted 2/3/2013 7:01:35 PM(edited)
Mottman posted...

This.
I've said this before: If any other character had three of their own games spun off from a popular series, people would be begging to have him in and saying he's most deserving characters and stuff. Tingle is basically the Wario of the Zelda series. You may not like him, but he definitely is deserving.

However, I don't think he is likely, simply because of western hatred. If western hate was enough to scare Aonuma out of putting Tingle in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, then I imagine Sakurai would be hesitant to put in a character that many people hate. If it weren't for the hatebase, Tingle would easily be a shoo-in.

So, aside from Tingle, who is the more deserving Zelda rep? I'd have to go with Impa, I guess. She's been in several of the games, and usually with an important role in the story. Vaati is another good choice, being the main villain of the Four Sword trilogy. He's sort of like a secondary villain of the series, after Ganon; all the other villains only appear in one game.

Despite Ghirahim's popularity, I do not think he deserves to be in Smash Bros. He's been in one game, people. Tingle, Impa, and Vaati are all way more deserving than he is. However Sakurai doesn't always care about "deservingness" and considering Ghirahim is a popular character, I think he's got better chances than Tingle/Vaati/Impa, unfortunately.

It amazes me that Ghirahim is winning this poll. Actually, I don't think people actually consider Ghirahim more important than the other three; I just think people have a hard time separating "who do you think is deserving?" and "who do you like?" They're two different things, people. For instance, I dislike King K. Rool, but I agree he is deserving. I'd love to see Dillon playable, but I can admit he's not deserving. The problem is so many people here can't tell the difference between likelihood, deservingness, and popularity.
#7liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:03:36 PM
Hejiru posted...
Mottman posted...

This.
I've said this before: If any other character had three of their own games spun off from a popular series, people would be begging to have him in and saying he's most deserving characters and stuff. Tingle is basically the Wario of the Zelda series. You may not like him, but he definitely is deserving.

However, I don't think he is likely, simply because of western hatred. If western hate was enough to scare Aonuma out of putting Tingle in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, then I imagine Sakurai would be hesitant to put in a character that many people hate. If it weren't for the hatebase, Tingle would easily be a shoo-in.

So, aside from Tingle, who is the more deserving Zelda rep? I'd have to go with Impa, I guess. She's been in several of the games, and usually with an important role in the story. Vaati is another good choice, being the main villain of the Four Sword trilogy. He's sort of like a secondary villain of the series, after Ganon; all the other villains only appear in one game.

Despite Ghirahim's popularity, I do not think he deserves to be in Smash Bros. He's been in one game, people. Tingle, Impa, and Vaati are all way more deserving than he is. However Sakurai doesn't always care about "deservingness" and considering Ghirahim is a popular character, I think he's got better chances than Tingle/Vaati/Impa, unfortunately.

I think I agree with everything you say. As far as deserving goes, it's

1) Tingle (Spinoff series, Multiple appearances)
2) Impa (Multiple Appearances)
3) Vaati (Multiple Appearances)
4) Ghirahim (Popularity)

But, I think it's the other way around as far as their chances go.
#8Blazekicker27Posted 2/3/2013 7:08:39 PM
While I certainly don't want him in, Tingle.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#9bestssbbfanPosted 2/3/2013 7:23:57 PM
Either tingle or Vaati, but watch as we get ghirahim or toon zelda
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#10Pikachutwo2Posted 2/3/2013 7:30:33 PM
Probably Tingle, though I want Vaati.