POLL: What Zelda newcomer do you think is most deserving?

#11_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/3/2013 7:34:58 PM(edited)
Tetra
She should play as her own character, not a Toon Zelda/Toon sheik combo. She has been in Four Zelda games.
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. not only that, but she is obviously appearing in the remake of Wind Waker slated for the Wii U this fall. This will likely be the only zelda game on the Wii U before super smash bros is out. It should Easily put her first on the list.

Vaati
Appearing in three Legend of Zelda Games, Legend of Zelda Four Swords, Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, and Legend of Zelda Minish Cap He would be a great antagonist to Toon Link, giving him his own counterpart to fight. He would have a Unique playstyle, and his final smash would be awesome, Turning into his True Form.
http://images.wikia.com/ultimatepopculture/images/5/5a/Vaati_true_form.jpg

Impa
Appearing in Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, in both the manuals in The Legend of Zelda, and The Adventure of Link, as well as having her image on a Stained Glass in Wind Waker, and as Main Characters in Skyward Sword, and Ocarina of Time She Is one of the most deserving characters out of all other Zelda Characters.

So my vote will go to one of them. I would Accept Tingle, I didnt go over his chances as he has been talked about a lot already.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#12LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/3/2013 7:37:12 PM
Hejiru posted...
Mottman posted...
LOL, haters be darned. Tingle is the ONLY deserving Zelda newcomer.

This.
I've said this before: If any other character had three of their own games spun off from a popular series, people would be begging to have him in and saying he's most deserving characters and stuff. Tingle is basically the Wario of the Zelda series. You may not like him, but he definitely is deserving.

However, I don't think he is likely, simply because of western hatred. If western hate was enough to scare Aonuma out of putting Tingle in Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, then I imagine Sakurai would be hesitant to put in a character that many people hate. If it weren't for the hatebase, Tingle would easily be a shoo-in.

So, aside from Tingle, who is the more deserving Zelda rep? I'd have to go with Impa, I guess. She's been in several of the games, and usually with an important role in the story. Vaati is another good choice, being the main villain of the Four Sword trilogy. He's sort of like a secondary villain of the series, after Ganon; all the other villains only appear in one game.

Despite Ghirahim's popularity, I do not think he deserves to be in Smash Bros. He's been in one game, people. Tingle, Impa, and Vaati are all way more deserving than he is. However Sakurai doesn't always care about "deservingness" and considering Ghirahim is a popular character, I think he's got better chances than Tingle/Vaati/Impa, unfortunately.

It amazes me that Ghirahim is winning this poll. Actually, I don't think people actually consider Ghirahim more important than the other three; I just think people have a hard time separating "who do you think is deserving?" and "who do you like?" They're two different things, people. For instance, I dislike King K. Rool, but I agree he is deserving. I'd love to see Dillon playable, but I can admit he's not deserving. The problem is so many people here can't tell the difference between likelihood, deservingness, and popularity.

THIS!

If Zelda gets a newcomer, then only Tingle, Impa, Vaati, and another incarnation of one of the Triforce Trio members should be considered, imo (though I'd prefer Impa or Vaati, personally).
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#13MottmanPosted 2/3/2013 7:40:11 PM
Hejiru posted...
It amazes me that Ghirahim is winning this poll.

Doesn't surprise me at all, because of this:

The problem is so many people here can't tell the difference between likelihood, deservingness, and popularity.

This explains Ghirahim winning the poll, no other explanation needed.
---
"Champions don't whine, they win!" - Vangarre from Xenoblade Chronicles
"Soon we will see Pokemon XXX." - Kooky_von_Koopa
#14JangobadassPosted 2/3/2013 9:02:13 PM(edited)
Vatti, Impa or Twinrova

Still support Ghirahim the most though :p
---
http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d5s91s7
Dear Other M: THIS is how an encounter between Samus & Ridley should go
#15a_fartn_SpartanPosted 2/3/2013 9:14:09 PM
I've lost a little bit more faith in this board knowing that so many here think a villain from 1 game that isn't even the final boss is most deserving. Considering Bowser Jr. played that roll before the koopa kids were brought back, I feel like no Ghirahim supporter should be a Bowser Jr. hater. Just my thoughts.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#16liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:16:19 PM
a_fartn_Spartan posted...
I've lost a little bit more faith in this board knowing that so many here think a villain from 1 game that isn't even the final boss is most deserving. Considering Bowser Jr. played that roll before the koopa kids were brought back, I feel like no Ghirahim supporter should be a Bowser Jr. hater. Just my thoughts.

Bowser Jr. is way more deserving than Ghirahim. He's been in almost every Mario game since he started existing ten years ago.
#17GenoPosted 2/3/2013 9:25:04 PM
I'm honestly sitting pretty firmly in the Vaati camp. I'd rather see him compared to any of the other choices. But that's just my opinion. :3
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853