POLL: Which Roster is Better? Pictures and details included

#1_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/3/2013 11:38:05 PM
Which Roster is better? - Results (89 votes)
Roster 1
52.81% (47 votes)
Roster 2
47.19% (42 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Roster #1
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8188/wiiuroster.png

Roster#2
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2215/emptyroster.png

And Later Released DLC,
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8238/emptyrosterdlc.png
giving you the option of the other mario Character not in the roster.

Why I Chose some Characters and Didn't chose some Favorites.

Ridley
Ridley is not only a Fan Favorite, but is more or less the Reason samus exists. He killed her parent's and turned her into the perso she is today, and it is Self Explanatory. With everyone complaining that he is to big, obviously hasnt played a mario game, because at the end of most mario games, youre looking at a sky scrapper sized bowser, Ridley could break the mold as the tallest character just as sonic broke captain falcons for fastest. they could even find some way to explain his size change in a new sub space.

King K Rool
Im not the biggest fan of his inclusion, but he is iconic in the donkey universe, Ignoring his chances, and for the smash team to "revive" in a sense this famous character would be a great opportunity, not only that, but smash needs to start repping more of its iconic villains and not just its hero's.

Bowser Jr.
A new mario rep is almost impossible to avoid, and Bowser Jr is actually one worth having. He has played a Major role in almost every mario game since his debut, and has a big following. he could easily have a unique moveset using his paint brush, as well as other stuff including his koopa car jr.

Paper Mario
Paper Mario is more likely than I think People give him credit. He has appeared on the N64, Gamecube, Wii, and 3DS. having a totally unique play style, and artistic choice behind him. If we get a new mario rep, ill be surprised if its not one of the following.

Tetra
She should play as her own character, not a Toon Zelda/Toon sheik combo. She has been in Four Zelda games.
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. not only that, but she is obviously appearing in the remake of Wind Waker slated for the Wii U this fall. This will likely be the only zelda game on the Wii U before super smash bros is out. It should Easily put her first on the list.

Vaati
Appearing in three Legend of Zelda Games, Legend of Zelda Four Swords, Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, and Legend of Zelda Minish Cap He would be a great antagonist to Toon Link, giving him his own counterpart to fight. He would have a Unique playstyle, and his final smash would be awesome, Turning into his True Form.
http://images.wikia.com/ultimatepopculture/images/5/5a/Vaati_true_form.jpg

Tom Nook
One of Nintendo's best selling Franchises now, Animal Crossing being more present in a Smash game isnt left field. Tom Nook could have many different movesets and play in a non violent way. using stuff like Fishing rods, bug nets, and leafs that transform into various items. Tom Nook would add charm and maybe a bit of the WTF character of this generation.

Rick
Rick is a giant hamster that would have the "cute" factor. he is a Kirby character and a favorite for fans of the kirby series.Not to mention that it helps him out that hes in close with the creator of the smash series, who created the kirby series as well. Rick would be easily able to perform much of kirby's abilities that werent implemented in his moveset. And bringing the character back to life after just being cameo's for so long would be much fun.

Dont post yet.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#2_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:39:01 PM
Krom
Krom is not only from the new fire emblem game, but his game is the Fastest selling entry in the entire series. His Popularity alone makes him an excellent candidate. Not only this, but fire Emblem just released its game for 3DS world wide, and now the announcement that a new Wii U fire Emblem game is on its way is enough for Fire Emblem to be getting a lot of reps this time around. Krom being the most logical and first choice for the game.

Lyn
The Smash series needs more Female representations, and Lyn is a great candidate. Not only is she an assist trophy in brawl, but her popularity is only growing with her new art direction in Fire Emblem awakening. She is one of the most Popular characters and being one of the first female main character in a series. Smash needs more females, and for one to be attacking on par with link, krom and more would be refreshing to see.

Micaiah
Micaiah is one of the Few Lead female protagonists in a Fire Emblem game, Not only that, but she would be unlike any other fire emblem character represented so far, as she uses Magic as her main form of Attacking. Not only that but smash needs more female reps, and it wouldnt hurt having one like this.

Mewtwo
Mewtwo is someone who has fan service all over the world, having his inclusion cut due to time constraints in brawl, his chance of reappearing is very likely. He plays unlike anyone else due to his psychic ability. He almost played a Villain like role in the pokemon and smash series, and its something the smash series needs more of.

Genesect
Genesect is another Pokemon who has a lot of hype around him. Not only that, but he has an upcoming movie in which he will be the star of. He could easily play a Villain like role, or a hero type role. He was a pokemon genetically experimented to make more powerful just like mewtwo. The pokemon Series already suffers from an over population of Generation 1 pokemon, and Genesect is the mewtwo for the new generation of kids if you like it or not. He would definitely not play like any other player, so it makes him even more interesting to think about.

6th Generation Pokemon.
A 6th Generation Pokemon is incredibly likely. The new Generation will be out worldwide in October. Meaning that it will have the time needed to be included in the game. if people like it or not, pokemon appeals to multiple generations, and just because its not centered around your world anymore, doesnt mean that the new generation doesnt need rep's. Pokemon will always be around, and the series as a whole needs to represented, not just the first entry.

Palutena
Again, we need more female reps, And Palutena is a more than likely candidate, with pit getting his big revival in brawl, she received the same. She was in the very successful kid icarus uprising game, in which she was with almost 100% of the time. She has world wide popularity, more so in japan having said that. but her returning in brawl wouldn't surprise anyone I imagine.

Medusa
smash. needs females. blah. blah. she is someone who would play unlike others, and has a role up there with the more evil of villains. Seeing her team up with gannondorf, and ridley in sub space would feel overwhelming and terrifying. Not only does she add to the famle and villain side, but she has a lot of character in her, and would fit great in the smash bros roster.
---
#3CharizardFirePosted 2/3/2013 11:42:43 PM
Oh, definitely the first one.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#4_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:14:58 AM(edited)
Shulk
Shulk is "living" proof of fans demanding what they want. Fans cried to nintendo so much, that they were forced to localize the game for north american audiences. Getting universal acclaim from reviewers to boot. Add to the fact that he was shown as the last surprise factor to the new Monolith Soft Wii U game, and his inclusion just seems More likely, as Nintendo will want to promote the Wii U in all ways they can.

Palutena
Again, we need more female reps, And Palutena is a more than likely candidate, with pit getting his big revival in brawl, she received the same. She was in the very successful kid icarus uprising game, in which she was with almost 100% of the time. She has world wide popularity, more so in japan having said that. but her returning in brawl wouldn't surprise anyone I imagine.

Medusa
smash. needs females. blah. blah. she is someone who would play unlike others, and has a role up there with the more evil of villains. Seeing her team up with gannondorf, and ridley in sub space would feel overwhelming and terrifying. Not only does she add to the famle and villain side, but she has a lot of character in her, and would fit great in the smash bros roster.

Lip
Lip is from the Japanese version of tetris attack titled panel de pon. Also appearing in the Japanese game " Captain Rainbow" which is a game that features many forgotten nintendo characters. If you dont know who she is, she is the true wielder of Lips stick, ( the flower staff ) she would be a good retro character for the series, using tetris blocks to attack as well. a good addition for a "WTF" character as well.

Takumaru
Appearing in several games but not his own for a long time now, appearing in Captain Rainbow, Dynasty Warriors, A attraction at Nintendo Land, and more. He would be a terrific "retro" character to bring back with an updated look like Kid Icarus. A moveset for him would be very easy to implement, and seems to be a fan favorite.

Megaman
Megaman is a Character like Snake, and Sonic. He has a "WOW" factor. He was a giant figure in nintendo's histroy as well. Not To mention how closely Capcom has worked with Nintendo over the years, Working on multiple zelda titles such as minish cap. Having the famous blue bomber in the game would generate the same level-if not more of hype and excitement as snake was revealing himself at the end. Capcom has treated the character badly for the last couple years, and they have been saying they are looking for a new way to bring back the character, nothing would be a bigger welcome back than his participation in this game.

Lloyd Irving
With Namco working on this game, we are safe to assume that a character from their company makes an apparence. The Director of the Tales Studio, "Yosh!to Higuchi" is also the director of the game ( along with Sakurai ) so naturally an inclusion of a character from the tales universe seems likely to assume. Not only that, sakurai said a namco character is likely, but it would have to fit into the universe well enough. Lloyd fits this very well, and not only that, he was introduced on a nintendo console, and his game is widely regarded as a favorite from reviewers and fans alike.

Agumon
To 90's kids, pokemon vs. digimon was only a dream or an Imaginary game you played with friends. His inclusion into the game would not only make sense, but appeal to a lot of people, in people not interested in the current games of either pokemon or digimon. Digimon have appeared on nintendo games before, even his own version of super smash Entitled "Digimon Rumble Arena"

Sweet baby jesus that went on longer than I thought.
---
#5liveman789Posted 2/3/2013 11:50:41 PM
Both are really strange, but I wouldn't really have anything against the newcomers just because there aren't any I particularly want.

I will say that Lloyd and Agumon getting in over Pac-man is overly silly, though.
#6_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:56:24 PM
liveman789 posted...
Both are really strange, but I wouldn't really have anything against the newcomers just because there aren't any I particularly want.

I will say that Lloyd and Agumon getting in over Pac-man is overly silly, though.

I tried to include favorites, but I wanted to include "realistic" strange as well.
as no matter what we say, we have always been surprised and not even thought about certain characters when we are left with the final roster.

I think Pacman has a really nice chance of getting in, but there is something he lacks, and its the "Wow" Factor. When people saw snake, and sonic, they were blown away, and in shock, and instantly wanted to fight as them, I just think pacman lacks that. while yes he did have a big influence on nintendo's history, he lacks that sort of attention to draw new people to the game. it would be interesting but not sonic or snake interesting,

and maybe I am biased when I say I went agumon and Lloyd in >_>

But thank you! its nice to see someone think about a roster rationally.
---
#7taoxadasaPosted 2/3/2013 11:58:55 PM
2. Trade Genosect for Mewtwo and Micaiah for Lyn and it would be even better.

And why is ZSS separate from Samus?!
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#8_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:03:25 AM
taoxadasa posted...

I reallllllyyyy dislike "joined" characters like pokemon trainer, sheik, zelda, samus and zero suit samus.
Now, I dont dislike playing as them, I would just like the option to play exclusively as the single characters with a B down move.
ZSS on the other hand is by far the worst one, if you want to play with smash balls YOU ARE REQUIRED to play as either samus or ZSS after you use your special. zelda, and pokemon trainer are tolerable as you can switch any time, but if you are not interested or even good at a character you will have to struggle through the rest of the match.
---
#9_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:04:23 AM
taoxadasa posted...

Also, I will make a roster based off which of these characters fans want more.
---
#10MichaelollPosted 2/4/2013 12:10:57 AM
roster 2. it doesn't have dumb mewtwo. but i really wish roster 2 had tetra instead of vaati