This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Which Roster is Better? Pictures and details included

#11liveman789Posted 2/3/2013 11:15:14 PM
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
liveman789 posted...
Both are really strange, but I wouldn't really have anything against the newcomers just because there aren't any I particularly want.

I will say that Lloyd and Agumon getting in over Pac-man is overly silly, though.

I tried to include favorites, but I wanted to include "realistic" strange as well.
as no matter what we say, we have always been surprised and not even thought about certain characters when we are left with the final roster.

I think Pacman has a really nice chance of getting in, but there is something he lacks, and its the "Wow" Factor. When people saw snake, and sonic, they were blown away, and in shock, and instantly wanted to fight as them, I just think pacman lacks that. while yes he did have a big influence on nintendo's history, he lacks that sort of attention to draw new people to the game. it would be interesting but not sonic or snake interesting,

and maybe I am biased when I say I went agumon and Lloyd in >_>

But thank you! its nice to see someone think about a roster rationally.

True, a lot of that "WOW" factor was just because of the fact that they were third party characters. At this point, we can expect third party characters because they were included in Brawl. If Lloyd, Megaman, or even Agumon got in, the would supply a bit of a "WOW" factor, but no where near as much as Snake or Sonic did, because of this.

Pac-man would supply the least amount of "WOW" factor just because he's is the most obvious choice for a third party rep this time around, and it would be a painful mistake not to include him.

I also agree with you as far as having characters that in that we couldn't even expect, but I think you may have a bit too many in your rosters.

But again, like I said, I'd have no problem with either of these.
#12alpha-apePosted 2/3/2013 11:15:19 PM
Add Mewtwo to DLC and Jiggs to the original roster, then I'll vote for 1.
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#13_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:23:31 PM
liveman789 posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
liveman789 posted...
Both are really strange, but I wouldn't really have anything against the newcomers just because there aren't any I particularly want.

I will say that Lloyd and Agumon getting in over Pac-man is overly silly, though.

I tried to include favorites, but I wanted to include "realistic" strange as well.
as no matter what we say, we have always been surprised and not even thought about certain characters when we are left with the final roster.

I think Pacman has a really nice chance of getting in, but there is something he lacks, and its the "Wow" Factor. When people saw snake, and sonic, they were blown away, and in shock, and instantly wanted to fight as them, I just think pacman lacks that. while yes he did have a big influence on nintendo's history, he lacks that sort of attention to draw new people to the game. it would be interesting but not sonic or snake interesting,

and maybe I am biased when I say I went agumon and Lloyd in >_>

But thank you! its nice to see someone think about a roster rationally.

True, a lot of that "WOW" factor was just because of the fact that they were third party characters. At this point, we can expect third party characters because they were included in Brawl. If Lloyd, Megaman, or even Agumon got in, the would supply a bit of a "WOW" factor, but no where near as much as Snake or Sonic did, because of this.

Pac-man would supply the least amount of "WOW" factor just because he's is the most obvious choice for a third party rep this time around, and it would be a painful mistake not to include him.

I also agree with you as far as having characters that in that we couldn't even expect, but I think you may have a bit too many in your rosters.

But again, like I said, I'd have no problem with either of these.

Well, im not sure I have to many, As Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, were in a smaller roster than this and thats two. Brawl getting Pit, R.O.B, and Olimar to some extent. I think my inclusion isnt to over powering, but again, I could be less surprised considering I made the roster.

But Yeah, if we get pacman I'll accept it and wont be surprised.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#14LordAlistairPosted 2/3/2013 11:31:12 PM
Just how many characters did the "We need more boobs" argument get in Brawl? Zero.

Stop using it.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#15avenue20Posted 2/3/2013 11:31:35 PM
personally i want medabots either metabee/rokusho to be in :)
their games always in nintendo handheld/console
#16thechaoticclownPosted 2/3/2013 11:33:27 PM
=[ No Waluigi in either roster.
#17_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:36:30 PM
LordAlistair posted...
Just how many characters did the "We need more boobs" argument get in Brawl? Zero.

Stop using it.

As soon as people stop using the following
-we need a new zelda rep
-we need a new mario rep
-we need a new pokemon rep
-we need a new metroid rep
-we need a new earthbound rep
-we need a new f-zero rep
-we need a new fire emblem rep
-we need a new pikmin rep
etc, etc,
It's asking for Diversity in a large game, its even sillier to make an argument against that. and my inclusion of character wasnt for sex appeal at all.
---
#18_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:37:12 PM
avenue20 posted...
personally i want medabots either metabee/rokusho to be in :)
their games always in nintendo handheld/console

I love medabots, but I think thats better suited for a dream roster my friend Q_Q
---
#19_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:37:59 PM
thechaoticclown posted...
=[ No Waluigi in either roster.

I just dont see Waluigi making it in, however I would be thrilled if he got represented with Waluigi pinball as a stage or something.
---
#20_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:19:59 AM
Im actually really surprised how even the roster is.
---