POLL: Which Roster is Better? Pictures and details included

#21Doug314Posted 2/4/2013 1:23:55 AM
Both are about equally bad. But second is better since at least it has Wolf and Micaiah and Palutena and someone a lot better than Rick in that slot, too. But Agumon is a really bad choice.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#22sumostickfigurePosted 2/4/2013 1:25:44 AM
I like the first one a little better, but it's sort of hard to just choose it since there are some aspects of the latter I like more as well.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#23_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:28:57 AM
Doug314 posted...
Both are about equally bad. But second is better since at least it has Wolf and Micaiah and Palutena and someone a lot better than Rick in that slot, too. But Agumon is a really bad choice.

it includes four out of five of the characters you have listed for in your sig, I think you would be lucky to get that in the final game, So I dont see how its really "bad" by your standards.

and its supposed to appeal to a wide demographic of people.

but I guess I understand.

And yeah I agree agumon is kind of a really odd choice, but he is owned by namco. I would love a Felyne as well, so I would take that over him. im just really against pacman getting in.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#24_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:30:23 AM
sumostickfigure posted...
I like the first one a little better, but it's sort of hard to just choose it since there are some aspects of the latter I like more as well.

I purposely tried to make it really difficult to chose over.
but I was hoping to see why people like which one more, that way I could work off both them and make a mash up of them.
so please tell me why you like which one more.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#25sterlingtygerPosted 2/4/2013 5:18:44 AM
Well, let's look at the differences then.

wiiuroster.png has Paper Mario, Rick, Medusa, Lloyd, Lyn, Tetra, and Mewtwo.
Whereas emptyroster.png has Bowser Jr., Wolf, Palutena, Agumon, Micaiah, Vaati and Genesect.
The newcomers they share are K. Rool, Isaac, Tom Nook, Shulk, Ridley, Mega Man, Krom, New Pokemon, and Takamaru.

Hmm
Well, considering both rosters share the newcomers that are most necessary/most relevant to me(K. Rool, Ridley, Takamaru, Isaac, Tom Nook, Mega Man)... I guess the other two can really mostly be judged on how... good the characters are? Heck I'd buy it if it ONLY had the 9 shared newcomers.

I like Paper Mario, Rick is just silly(if someone was going to get in to represent the Dream Land games, and probably even use the animal friends, it'd be Gooey), I like Medusa but I think she's (very) unlikely, I like Lloyd but I think he's not so likely(I'd moreso expect Pac-Man, but what I'm hoping for is a Soul Calibur character), Lyn is just ew no(isn't the whole dumb 3 swords thing what you're trying to avoid by cutting Ike), Tetra is good I guess(better than Vaati anyhow) but... isn't Tingle(if there was going to be a 5th Zelda rep, please don't delude yourselves into thinking it's not Tingle), and Mewtwo was good but I do not find likely at all.

Soo... on likelihood, 1/7, and on personal taste. 4/7.

Bowser Jr.'s bland and dumb, but likely(just like K. Rool :0), Wolf is nearly guaranteed and I don't know WHY you'd cut him for /Rick/, Palutena's very likely, Agumon... well, I saw it and went "what" but you make a good case. My only argument being that didn't Digimon start with an anime? Micaiah's a good choice as a magic user, but I'd rather have more misc. characters(maybe the hero of FE's sister series, Advance Wars?) and she's pretty outdated, Vaati was a cool villain and all but is so outdated and unneeded and you're really stretching for characters that aren't Tingle, and Genesect is even less likely than Mewtwo, and far worse.

3/7 for likelihood and 3/7 for personal taste.

So I guess the second one.
Just a question, but why not have a third variant where all Brawl veterans return, so Jigglypuff and Ike don't have to be DLC? Give that roster Tingle and Starfy and Andy and BOOM, I'm sold.

Oh as for DLC, having the other Mario rep as DLC works I guess(encourages me further to pick 2, because Paper Mario), Jigglypuff and Ike I'm glad aren't COMPLETELY gone, Saki ok, Black Mage... ok? I don't think 3rd Party DLC is likely, not even from 3rd Parties already represented in the game, but ok I guess??? If there was going to be a Downloadable Squeenix rep that'd be one I'm ok with.
#26ThatPersonGuyPosted 2/4/2013 5:48:03 AM
LordAlistair posted...
Just how many characters did the "We need more boobs" argument get in Brawl? Zero Suit Samus.

Stop using it.

---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#27LordAlistairPosted 2/4/2013 6:32:48 AM
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
It's asking for Diversity in a large game, its even sillier to make an argument against that. and my inclusion of character wasnt for sex appeal at all.

Yeah, but when you're asking for characters to be cut in favor of female characters or saying less important female characters should be included over major male characters for no reason other than they're female, there's a problem.

Also, ThatPersonGuy, Samus was already in Smash Bros and Zamus isn't even a separate character so she doesn't count.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#28tehponycornPosted 2/4/2013 6:57:06 AM
Stupid Inclusions like Tom Nook and Genesect clutter this otherwise amazing roster. Agumon? WTF is that?! A digimon?! D+
---
Does your SSB4 roster have Shulk?...No....Then I hate it.
An Epic Fail is failing Like a Boss
#29themanaswordPosted 2/4/2013 7:01:23 AM
I don't think ZSS is separate from Samus.
---
My wanted them for SSB4: Toad, Birdo, Funky, Palutena, Syrup, Lyn, Krystal, One of Tales character and KOS-MOS
Mario Kart DS - FC: 0476-3827-5695
#30albertojz356Posted 2/4/2013 7:11:00 AM(edited)
It was difficult for me to pick. You put Lyn in the first and Palutena in the second so I had to break the tie. I went with roster 2 as it has an overall more diverse cast imo I like both rosters though :).
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!