POLL: Which Roster is Better? Pictures and details included

#31_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:30:32 AM
sterlingtyger posted...
Well, let's look at the differences then.

I just Realized I uploaded two wrong images. Lip would be in roster one in place of Takamaru as the retro character, and I took out black mage from the Dlc and included Waddle Dee, but its to late to change now, oh well.

I dont think gooey has a btter chance than rick, but I feel they are both rather unlikely. so fair enough.
I think Medusa has a really big chance, especially with them trying to add some sort of connectivity through 3DS, a Kid icarus Uprising 3DS rep is really likely, and Medusa played a big part in all Kid Icarus games.

The director of the Tales studio is making the game, so I think he has a higher chance than we expect, but fair enough. I personally dont think a Sould Calibur character would fit in the super smash bros universe very well at all, and Sakura said that was a big issue with namco characters.

well she can use multiple swords as well, making her vastly different, and as much as I disliked her bland original art, her official new character art is fantastic. but fair enough.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120628112661/fireemblem/images/b/bf/DLCLyn.jpg

I dont think I am being blind when I say no to tingle. Tingle has a huge fan base in japan yes, but his hatred in the west is actually so big that the developers of twilight princess and skyward sword left him out of the game, due to the west's reaction to him. It seems foolish that the new zelda character to be someone so hated over here that he was kicked out of two games. I would personally be fine with tingle though, as I am a fan of the character. But if hatred is enough to keep him out of his own series, then something with limited characters to rep seems unlikely for his chances.

I think using the argument that some characters not being relevant enough anymore is a little foolish, as weve learned characters like pit, rob, ice climbers, and more have had fresh breath into their lifes from the smash series. I think vaati is possible, but definitely not as much as say tetra, who is in many games and has universal praise.

As for Genesect and mewtwo, mewtwo and roy have been in several poll in japan hoping for a return. Genesect has a brand new movie coming out in a month in japan, and then a couple months later here. Having Genesect at the peak of his hype and excitement revealed as a newcomer during the E3 trailer would be a big selling point for a lot of people. but again, Im not blind to admit I could be wrong.

And Actually Digimon started as Tamogotchi like pets. then making there way and branching out. which should be fine considering the likelyhood of pacman and mario starting out on a arcade machine.

But ill do a Third roster including no cuts and such.

I decided to include characters like Ike and jiggly puff as DLC for the reason that I thought if I had to receive characters as DLC, I wouldnt mind paying for extra for the old ones to return, as its not mandatory. if I dont have to buy them, that makes me happy, I would rather pay 60 dollars upfront to try two different characters over two old ones ive tried before.

anyways, thank you for the input! I appreciate it, even if I disagree with some of your points.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#32_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:36:05 AM
LordAlistair posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
It's asking for Diversity in a large game, its even sillier to make an argument against that. and my inclusion of character wasnt for sex appeal at all.

Yeah, but when you're asking for characters to be cut in favor of female characters or saying less important female characters should be included over major male characters for no reason other than they're female, there's a problem.

Also, ThatPersonGuy, Samus was already in Smash Bros and Zamus isn't even a separate character so she doesn't count.

How am I cutting characters just to add female reps?
Every female rep ive included has a very large fanbase all over the world, Medusa, or Palutena is pretty much a Guarantee , and Lyn was even in Brawl as an assist trophy.

And its not like im asking for these characters to all come in at the same time, its always one in place of the other. youre looking at 2 to maybe 3 females at a time, if you think nintendo having a total of 7 or 8 female characters in a 50 character roster is to much, than I feel really sorry for you.
---
#33_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:42:55 AM
tehponycorn posted...
Stupid Inclusions like Tom Nook and Genesect clutter this otherwise amazing roster. Agumon? WTF is that?! A digimon?! D+

Yes, I can see that someone like tom nook looks stupid, but if you tell me that your inital reaction to characters like R.O.B. or Game and Watch where F-YEAH, than ill take it back.

Tom nook has an incredible fan base. as animal crossing has become one of nintendo's best selling franchises in japan and soon to be released here as well.

Agumon is owned by namco, and a possible candidate for smash, although, im probably exagurating his chances, ill give you that, but thank you :# im glad you like it for the majority!
---
#34_Super_Shadow_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:47:10 AM
themanasword posted...
I don't think ZSS is separate from Samus.

she isnt, but I feel she should be. I dont like Joined characters like Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer, I Would much rather just have the option to play as a certain character alone, with a B down move, and the option to play as both if I want. but I think Linking samus and ZSS together in the way they did is really terrible. if you want to play with the smash ball on, you do not get the option to stick to your preferred character. you are forced to play as one character you may not be good at with, with no opportunity to change back unless you happen to get another smash ball.
---
#35COlimar788Posted 2/4/2013 8:11:46 AM
Roster two by a longshot. Although Jigglypuff should not be cut, any sour feelings are rectified by Tom Nook and Ridley.
---
There will never be a game as horribly disappointing as Other M
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#36Majora999Posted 2/4/2013 10:41:53 AM
This is actually a really tough call for me.

Bowser Jr. > Paper Mario

Wolf > Rick

Vaati > Tetra

Mewtwo > Genesect

Medusa > Palutena (I feel like, while Palutena has more proven potential, via The Chaos Kin battle, Medusa could be more interesting. Plus need villains. I'd still rather see Hades over both, though.)

Agumon > Lloyd (Yeah, yeah, "it'll never happen", "dafuhq's wrong with you?", "why would you pick the most WTF option", but my inner Digimon fanboy squees at the possibility, and I've never even played Symphonia anyway.)

Ultimately, I'd have to go with the second.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#37Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 2/4/2013 11:12:27 AM
I chose Roster 1 because it felt more realistic. Granted I don't know why everybody is forgetting that the most likely Namco rep will be Pac-Man. I mean it makes perfect damn sense to include Pac-Man in a game about gaming legends fighting.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#38AwesomeAshleyPosted 2/4/2013 11:35:29 AM
Don't even have to look at the rest.

Roster 2 wins for not having Lloyd.
---
You better be afraid of the great Ashley!
Yes, I'm THE Ashley, from Warioware.
#39Cookie_AromaPosted 2/4/2013 12:12:02 PM
Four third party characters. . . that's too much for me, especially when they include the likes of Lloyd and Agumon. An unnecessary Kirby side-character, outdated Fire Emblem characters, and Japan-centric characters don't help either. Neither roster for me.
#40Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 2/4/2013 12:45:37 PM
Cookie_Aroma posted...
Four third party characters. . . that's too much for me, especially when they include the likes of Lloyd and Agumon. An unnecessary Kirby side-character, outdated Fire Emblem characters, and Japan-centric characters don't help either. Neither roster for me.

I think four is the perfect number for 3rd Party characters. It allows both Sonic and Snake to return and gives us a Namco character and HOPEFULLY a Capcom representative in the form of Mega Man.

That would give us four separate companies to take assist trophies, music, and stages from. Also it would give them an opportunity to have four separate 3rd party characters for the 3DS version
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285