Snake returning does NOT make sense

#1dedekongPosted 2/4/2013 12:51:28 PM
Why should Snake return to smash when there are new metal gear games coming and none of them are for Nintendo consoles? If Nintendo gets a new metal gear games its either non canon, or a badly made port. Snake returning in smash bros does not make sense. I hope Nintendo is fully aware that the metal gear franchise does not support Nintendo, and thus Nintendo should not support the metal gear franchise with a playable snake.

Show love to franchises that actually give a damn and help your consoles, Nintendo!
#2Cookie_AromaPosted 2/4/2013 12:53:57 PM
I agree wholeheartedly.
#3Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/4/2013 12:54:38 PM
If Sakurai wants to bring him back he will. He didn't got in Smash for advertising, but because Sakurai and Kojima are best pals. Would you EVER betray your best friend?
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#4liveman789Posted 2/4/2013 12:55:38 PM
That's a good point.

Sonic, on the other hand, is practically (I know, not literally) a second party character, between his numerous Nintendo exclusive games and crossover series with Mario.
#5MrHayes77Posted 2/4/2013 12:58:06 PM
Ness hasn't had a game in years.
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
#6Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 2/4/2013 12:58:52 PM
Snake returning does make sense for the simple fact there wasn't a single Metal Gear on the Wii or DS and yet he made it into Brawl.

Snake Eater was ported to 3DS and there are rumblings that the next Metal Gear will show up on Wii U. So it actually makes MORE sense to have him included in Smash Bros. U than it did for him to show up in Brawl.

Also since Raiden showed up in Playstation All-Stars, it is safe to assume Snake will be in Smash Bros. U. And why take out a big selling point of Brawl (Snake and Sonic)?
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#7PiechottaPosted 2/4/2013 1:00:45 PM
Because Smash is 100% based on what games are coming down the pipe?
From what I remember Snake Eater was released on the 3DS a year ago and it was well received for it's portable form

Maybe Snake's appearances on Nintendo consoles have been few and far between in comparison to the likes of Sonic, but is that really a bad thing? I think Snake's return completely makes sense, but I don't even care if he's in. I'm not a fan of Metal Gear personally.
#8ShurikonoPosted 2/4/2013 1:00:49 PM
MGS: Snake Eater 3D says hi.
---
PSN: SuB-Bastion
#9UberPyro64Posted 2/4/2013 1:00:49 PM
No. Snake is awesome. That's all that counts. He's already in so might as well bring him back. Also not being in PSASBR while Raiden was shows that Kojima just might want him back in Smash.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#10Cookie_AromaPosted 2/4/2013 1:01:18 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
If Sakurai wants to bring him back he will. He didn't got in Smash for advertising, but because Sakurai and Kojima are best pals. Would you EVER betray your best friend?

Sakurai's friend wanted Snake in Smash Bros. Sakurai fulfilled that wish. Not having Snake in the new Smash Bros. doesn't suddenly mean that Snake isn't in Brawl. I don't see how that would be a betrayal.