Super Smash Canon: Round 1:: Loser's FFA Part 3

#1Goshner2Posted 2/4/2013 1:57:02 PM
Read the OP before voting - Results (45 votes)
Ice Climbers
4.44% (2 votes)
R.O.B.
13.33% (6 votes)
Captain Falcon
20% (9 votes)
Donkey Kong
55.56% (25 votes)
King Dedede
6.67% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is an idea I've had for a while. Which of the smashers would win in a tournament if they had all their powers available to them and we weren't in control of them? In other words, it's a battle based on how strong they are canonically!

Who fights whom and where they fight has been decided by randomthingychooser.com. I swear, it actually picked these fights. Some of them are amazing coincidences.

Here's how this is going to work. Each topic (like every other day or so), there will be a fight to vote on. Before voting, read the OP. I will have listed things to consider in the fight. Here are a few rules/things to expect:

1. As a default, all characters have every ability/item they have ever had in any canon game available to them unless I specify otherwise. I will almost always specify that godlike items such as the Star Rod or the completed Triforce do not count.

2. Items and abilities do not stack. For example, Link will have 99 arrows because that is the max he has ever had in any game (and, yes, Link in this tournament is a combination of all Links).

3. Any ability or item or whatever that occurs as a result of a glitch or a cheat does not count.

4. I will tell you anything relevant about their surroundings that might affect the fight in any way.

5. Any contradiction between games I will resolve (if I don't please point it out to me and I will make a ruling). For example, Yoshi will not dissolve in water.

6. Health should not be taken literally. In other words, Mario doesn't die in 3 hits. However, it should be taken into consideration for comparisons. For example, while Mario doesn't actually die in 3 hits, 3 points of health is still a much smaller amount than Link's 20 hearts. I won't specify an exact exchange rate for any character ever, but I'll let you interpret it as you wish.

7. Since there has been questions and confusion, I am reminding you here that I do not list everything that they can do/have. I am only listing things that I feel need to be said (and on occasion for humor).

So, here we go:

Just a reminder, critical hits are just hits that strike a more vital area. They do not happen on a random basis.

Today is a little different. Today is the first day of the Losers' FFA. The top fighter from each of the FFAs will be brought back into the main tournament. The rest are all gone for good. Remember to actually vote for who you think would win, not just who you like the most.

Also, fighters can fight alongside each other as long as they follow the criteria for who they would work with that I spell out for each person. But, only one person can win in the end.

Hiding is also an option, but the fight won't end until one of the final two beats another one of the final two. If one of the last two dies of any other cause that was not directly or indirectly caused by the other, they both lose.

Ice Climbers:
They don't do much. No wonder they lost. They are no strangers to teamwork. They will work with anyone who doesn't try to kill them first.
They can jump really high!

R.O.B.:
Somehow, this fight got a bunch of wimps put into it. He will take orders from anyone. In fact, he won't even fight anyone. The biggest threat he poses his having to find him.
He can pick up blocks and move them in a clockwise OR counter-clockwise fashion!
---
Deceased Prince of Popcorn of the Skyward Sword Board
"And I will never support Chrom." -Doug314
#2Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 1:57:14 PM
Captain Falcon:
He put up a good fight, but he just narrowly lost to Pokemon Trainer. Apparently 3v1 was too much for him. Now that everyone isn't ganging up on him at once, will he have better odds of winning? He works alone. Always.
He can Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick because I said so and they both do fire damage
Can have his Falcon Flyer send him his Blue Falcon, but it won't be terribly useful in this fight because it won't be able to take the tight turns of the city even at its slowest speed
Remember that it takes intense strength, athleticism, and reflexes to be an F-Zero pilot. The games have alluded to this on multiple occasions. There are even some characters that need adrenaline pumps attached to their veins just to compete.

Donkey Kong:
In one of the closest fights in the tournament, Donkey Kong narrowly lost to Ness's barrage of psy attacks. However, this ape is a powerhouse who shouldn't be messed with. He is a strong contender to get back into the tournament. He will work with anyone who doesn't try to take his bananas.
Has 30 grenade oranges
Has Coconut Gun with 200 Coconuts and 50 homing coconuts
Cannot become invincible because there is no barrel around to activate the ability
I'd like to point out that this ape has the strength to SHATTER metal (DKC2) and use a SMALL MOON as a projectile (DKCR). This ape is STRONG!

King Dedede:
He narrowly lost to Zelda in a battle that I later regretted voting for Zelda. His biggest competition is that giant ape. He will only work with people if they follow his orders.
Has his rocket hammer from Kirby Super Star Ultra
Also has his mask (but I don't really think it does much other than block his peripheral vision)
No Star Rod
Can't throw minions (that would be cheating)

Green Greens:
The battlefield is the wooded area in Dream Land on the planet Pop Star. I would call it more of a plain with some trees than an actual forest. However, these trees are HUGE! In fact, entire battles could happen just on or in the trees. There are some random natives, but they don't pose a threat to anyway. There is also a river that flows through the middle of Green Greens. Every combatant starts in a different corner.
---
#3Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:19:01 PM(edited)
Fight 1: Bowser vs. Mario at Hyrule Field Winner: Mario

Fight 2: Pit vs. Lucario at Mute City Race Track Winner: Pit

Fight 3: Sonic vs. Samus at Norfair Winner: Samus

Fight 4: Lucas vs. Donkey Kong at Death Mountain Winner: Lucas

Fight 5: Fox vs. Ganondorf at Fountain of Dreams Winner: Ganondorf

Fight 6: Mr. Game and Watch vs. Yoshi at Delfino Plaza Winner: Yoshi

Fight 7: Luigi vs. Snake at Shadow Moses Island Winner: Snake

Fight 8: Peach vs. Ike at DK Isle Winner: Ike

Fight 9: R.O.B. vs. Falco at Corneria City Winner: Falco

Fight 10: Captain Falcon vs. Pokemon Trainer at Onett Winner: Pokemon Trainer

Fight 11: Jigglypuff vs. Pikachu at Planet Pikmin Winner: Pikachu

Fight 12: Olimar vs. Link at Gallian Countryside Winner: Link

Fight 13: Wolf vs. Marth at Central Station Winner: Wolf

Fight 14: Ness vs. Meta Knight at Diamond City Winner: Ness

Fight 15: Ice Climbers vs. Diddy Kong at Sky World Winner: Diddy Kong

Fight 16: King Dedede vs. Zelda at Spear Pillar Winner: Zelda

Fight 17: Kirby vs. Wario at Pooptown (Animal Crossing) Winner: Kirby

Losers' FFA:
Fight 1 at Wario Woods: Tie between Marth and Sonic
Wario
Bowser
Captain Olimar
Sonic
Lucario
Marth

Fight 2 at Yoshi's Island: Winner: Meta Knight
Fox
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Luigi
Meta Knight
Peach

Fight 3 at Green Greens:
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
King Dedede
---
#4Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:16:34 PM(edited)
Announcements/comments/questions section:

Remember that the other Losers' FFAs can still be voted in. I think I will wait one more day before starting Round 2. Unless all of the fights look like the outcome is obvious. FFA part 2 in particular looks like it could easily be changed though. There are three combatants neck and neck with each other (one of which really doesn't deserve to be there, but whatever).

Actually, I just checked part 1 and it is currently tied! So, definitely go vote if you haven't yet!

Here are links to the previous FFAs if you have no voted yet:

Part 1:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65340357

Part 2:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/65347187

Also, this will be your last chance to give suggestions on battlefields for Round 2. If I don't get any, I'll just start making some up.
---
#5alpha-apePosted 2/4/2013 2:32:03 PM
DK with ease.
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#6Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:32:38 PM
alpha-ape posted...
DK with ease.

Or is it with relative ease?
---
#7Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:13:33 PM
Bump.
---
#8HejiruPosted 2/4/2013 3:26:59 PM(edited)
Hm... well, the Ice Climbers and ROB are definitely out. I'm not sure as to who would win between Dedede, Captain Falcon, and DK. They've all got strength to spare. Dedede and DK are similar in that they rely on brute strength, but Capt. Falcon also has his experience as a bounty hunter to draw on. I'd imagine he's much more intelligent than those two. An argument can be made for all three of them.

Let's see... DK has shown a greater display of raw physical strength than Dedede with his hammer, so he might have the advantage there. I don't think Capt. Falcon is physically stronger than either of them even with the Falcon Punch. But like I said, he also has the quick thinking and strategizing that comes from being a famous bounty hunter and former cop. His vehicle might help him out more than you think; sure the Blue Falcon isn't much use in a forest like this, but he could still summon it and then run DK and/or Dedede over with it while they're distracted fighting each other. But that's a pretty situational strategy.

Dedede has an advantage in that he knows the terrain and can fly infinitely. However Donkey Kong's coconut gun can fire in spurts, so he can easily shoot Dedede if he's flying. Capt. Falcon can't reach Dedede in the air unless he's allowed to use his Falcon Flyer as a combat vehicle (I'm not sure if the Falcon Flyer has weapons, but even if it doesn't he could still just crash it into Dedede.) However once Dedede's in the air his only real way of attacking is to stomp on them like he does in the Kirby games, and I'm pretty sure Captain Falcon could move out of the way fast enough. Don't know about DK; his running speed seems to vary from game to game. I suppose Dedede could use his flying abilities and the treetops to avoid DK and Capt. Falcon until one of them defeats the other. But I don't know if Dedede is smart enough for that kind of strategy. In fact, I'm not sure of how intelligent he is at all. In the Subspace Emissary he was shown to be very clever, but in the Kirby anime he was phenomenally stupid. But both of those are non-canon.
...I guess if Dedede is smart enough to figure out he can stop Nightmare by breaking up the Star Rod then he's smart enough to use the "Fly and wait" strategy.

So like I said, this could really go either way. Let's examine how each would do in a one-on-one plain ol' fistfight.
Dedede & Capt. Falcon: Dedede has more physical power with that hammer of his, but he's rather slow with it. I think Capt. Falcon could beat him up pretty good so that he doesn't have a chance to swing.
Capt. Falcon & DK: DK has the advantage of ranged attacks, thanks to Donkey Kong 64. He also has incredible strength without the speed limitation that Dedede's hammer has. So I think DK would win here.
Donkey Kong & Dedede: This is where it's unclear. I guess ultimately it would come down to two bruisers who can pack a punch, but DK is faster and has arguabley shown more physical strength.
So I'm gonna go with DK. But it's still a pretty evenly matched fight once you get rid of the mountain scalers and the robot. Because of that, I'm curious to see who's winning now. (I have a policy that I don't look at the results until I've made a decision. I don't mean in just GameFAQs polls, I mean in all kinds of polls. Psychology studies have shown that we're very easily manipulated by other people's choices and we're not even aware we're being influenced.)

He can Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick because I said so and they both do fire damage

Well, wait a minute, if these are canon-based battles, doesn't this go against the very point of the tournament?

Goshner2 posted...
alpha-ape posted...
DK with ease.

Or is it with relative ease?

XD
#9Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:29:50 PM
Hejiru posted...
Let's see... Donkey Kong has shown a greater display of raw physical strength than Dedede with his hammer, so he might have the advantage there. I don't think Captain Falcon is physically stronger than either of them but like I said, he also has the quick thinking and strategizing that comes from being a famous bounty hunter and former cop. His vehicle might help him out more than you think; sure the Blue Falcon isn't much use in a forest like this, but he could still summon it and then run DK and/or Dedede over with it while they're distracted fighting each other.

I just wanted to add here that it is frequently said in the F-Zero series that F-Zero racers have absolutely insane reflexes. In fact, some of them have ways to control their adrenal glands.

...I guess if Dedede is smart enough to figure out he can stop Nightmare by breaking up the Star Rod then he's smart enough to use the "Fly and wait" strategy.

Dedede is definitely very clever. He's rarely actually a villain. His actions are usually just so ahead of the game that he is massively misunderstood.

Goshner2 posted...

Well, wait a minute, if these are canon-based battles, doesn't this go against the very point of the tournament?

He is portrayed as being very strong in the games (though you never actually see him fight). Everyone is afraid of him. It's entirely plausible that he can do it.

I'm not saying it's as good as it is in SSB. It's essentially just a really hard punch that catches on fire. Perhaps he has devices in his gloves that allow his fists to burst into flames. I wouldn't put it past him. He uses gadgets a lot.
---
#10HejiruPosted 2/4/2013 3:37:52 PM
Goshner2 posted...
Dedede is definitely very clever. He's rarely actually a villain. His actions are usually just so ahead of the game that he is massively misunderstood.

Well I know he's usually misunderstood rather than a villain (that's one of the reasons I like him as a character) but I guess I hadn't thought about how much foresight and intelligence would factor into his plans.

Goshner2 posted...
He is portrayed as being very strong in the games (though you never actually see him fight). Everyone is afraid of him. It's entirely plausible that he can do it.

I'm not saying it's as good as it is in SSB. It's essentially just a really hard punch that catches on fire. Perhaps he has devices in his gloves that allow his fists to burst into flames. I wouldn't put it past him. He uses gadgets a lot.

Sounds like Batman :p
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy