Honestly Who Do You Think Is Gonna Get Cut. . .

#1NathanCopelandPosted 2/4/2013 8:38:59 PM
Lucario is definitely gone, wolf is probably gone, lucas possibly too,
---
Deliverance!
#2_Sanaki_Posted 2/4/2013 8:40:26 PM
I'm not expecting any cuts, at worst cuts due to time constraints, but I'm hopeful that won't happen again.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#3_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/4/2013 8:43:39 PM
I really doubt Lucario is gone, and I dont understand why people keep saying this.

I see jigglypuff leaving as more of a possibility.

Lucario is the symbol for new pokemon fans, kids that didnt grow up with the first generation of pokemon, he has a HUGE fan base, his own movie, events in the games, He was even featured as a main pokemon to the hero in black and white 2 in the anime promotional videos.

Jigglypuff is no longer a mascot for the pokemon series by any means. she got in due to her popularity from the anime, which she has not made an appearance in a years. If a pokemon gets cut, it should be her.
She shouldn't be safe just because she has been around a long time. she doesnt rep the pokemon series well enough anymore. I would like no cuts in this game, and I do love jiggly puff, but realistically speaking, her time is up in my opinion.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#4MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/4/2013 8:43:53 PM
Snake.
#5DragonImpsPosted 2/4/2013 8:44:23 PM
I'm not expecting any cuts. But if there were any planned, I'd say Wolf goes first, followed by Toon Link.
#6LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/4/2013 8:45:10 PM
NathanCopeland posted...
Lucario is definitely gone, wolf is probably gone, lucas possibly too,

1. Doubt it. Mewtwo getting cut already caused a ton of backlash and I can't imagine that Sakurai would want a repeat of that incident.

2. Wolf is barely a clone of Fox in his current state and considering how only one of the cut Melee characters wasn't a clone, I doubt that we're going to see him leave. If anything, we'd probably lose Falco.

3. He was going to be Ness's replacement in Melee.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#7SmallerRidleyPosted 2/4/2013 8:49:03 PM
Bidoof. He'll get most of the other ones, too.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#8bestssbbfanPosted 2/4/2013 9:01:23 PM
DragonImps posted...
I'm not expecting any cuts. But if there were any planned, I'd say Wolf goes first, followed by Toon Link.

This bar the wolf part
---
Created 6/12/2011
This sig will not change until mewtwo is confirmed in Super Smash Bros 4!
#9Vegeta1000Posted 2/4/2013 9:05:43 PM
We're getting cuts. Anybody that thinks otherwise is in denial. Shouldn't be surprised. Characters get cut from sequels all the time. I'd rather have new faces than old ones who would be relevant when SSB4 comes out. Anybody that's been following my posts for the last couple of months know how I feel about which characters are getting axed.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#10Vegeta1000Posted 2/4/2013 9:17:08 PM
I really doubt Lucario is gone, and I dont understand why people keep saying this.

I see jigglypuff leaving as more of a possibility.

Lucario is the symbol for new pokemon fans, kids that didnt grow up with the first generation of pokemon, he has a HUGE fan base, his own movie, events in the games, He was even featured as a main pokemon to the hero in black and white 2 in the anime promotional videos.

Jigglypuff is no longer a mascot for the pokemon series by any means. she got in due to her popularity from the anime, which she has not made an appearance in a years. If a pokemon gets cut, it should be her.
She shouldn't be safe just because she has been around a long time. she doesnt rep the pokemon series well enough anymore. I would like no cuts in this game, and I do love jiggly puff, but realistically speaking, her time is up in my opinion.

Jigglypuff is way more safer than Lucario. Sakurai apparently has a thing for the pink puff ball. She hasn't been relevant for many years yet Sakurai has still kept her around. Being one of the original 12 members, Sakurai values her more than some other characters on the roster. She got in SSBB over Mewtwo meaning that she's more important to the series than him. Lucario's only been in 1 SSB game and will be no where near as relevant or popular as he was when SSBB was out.

1. Doubt it. Mewtwo getting cut already caused a ton of backlash and I can't imagine that Sakurai would want a repeat of that incident.

Mewtwo and Roy's backlash didn't stop SSBB from selling over 10 million copies. I don't think Sakurai really cares about a vocal minority whining about certain characters being removed. The game is going to sell millions regardless of who's in.

2. Wolf is barely a clone of Fox in his current state and considering how only one of the cut Melee characters wasn't a clone, I doubt that we're going to see him leave. If anything, we'd probably lose Falco.

Falco has seniority over Wolf being in two games. Plus, Wolf was added very late in the game's development meaning it's possible that he wasn't planned when everyone else was.

3. He was going to be Ness's replacement in Melee.

Key word is was. I think Ness is even more safe than Lucas since he's been in all 3 SSB games and isn't a Japan-only character.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!