Dr. Mario

#1GeneralKenobi85Posted 2/4/2013 8:57:59 PM
He was my favorite character in Melee without a doubt. But I know having him return wouldn't make any damn sense. Just hoping they give Mario an alt Doc costume that replaces fireballs with pills. It wouldn't be the same, but it would suffice.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#2EJWPosted 2/4/2013 9:01:59 PM
It wouldn't be close.

I want the whole package, not a simple B change.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.
#3GeneralKenobi85(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:03:52 PM
Yeah but it's not practical, unless they change his entire moveset. And then Doc wouldn't be the same.
---
Ah, yes, the Negotiator: General Kenobi
<sneaky beeping>
#4EJWPosted 2/4/2013 9:09:16 PM
Moveset change or not, he played differently enough for people like me to notice. If a character was separate in a previous game, there is no good reason to turn him/her into a alternate costume in another. It's just not the same.
---
"Google is your friend"
Google led me here now answer the damn question.
#5SpunkySixPosted 2/4/2013 9:27:16 PM
EJW posted...
Moveset change or not, he played differently enough for people like me to notice. If a character was separate in a previous game, there is no good reason to turn him/her into a alternate costume in another. It's just not the same.

He was so minutely different it was almost funny. Why use resources for that?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Sometimes we even manage to speak words.
#6_Sanaki_Posted 2/4/2013 9:28:49 PM
I kind of like the idea of alternate costumes which modify properties allowing for more Doctor Mario-like scenarios. Only one per person, but it'd be a good way to allow for more figures without taking up quite as much space.
---
Official Barthandelus and Cosmos of the Dissidia 012 Board.
http://www.olimarsboard.com/index.php A Pikmin message board which needs more members
#7SpunkySixPosted 2/4/2013 9:30:08 PM
_Sanaki_ posted...
I kind of like the idea of alternate costumes which modify properties allowing for more Doctor Mario-like scenarios. Only one per person, but it'd be a good way to allow for more figures without taking up quite as much space.

That could be okay though.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#8Green MambaPosted 2/4/2013 9:50:43 PM
_Sanaki_ posted...

Er, I don't see any difference in this scenario outside of the inability to have two or more Docs in a single match. All Dr. Mario was was a model swapped Mario with modified properties to his moves--you're not saving any space this way outside of space on the character select screen which is entirely arbitrary.

SpunkySix posted...

He was my main in Melee, and I hated playing as Mario. So there's my reason--I liked playing as him. And honestly, I can't imagine Dr. Mario as an alternate character would take that much in the way of resources. Wario Man could have easily taken more resources than Dr. Mario did.
---
God makes mistakes too...--duderdude3
Agree'd. Most of those mistakes post here.--SwordMaster100
#9SpunkySixPosted 2/4/2013 9:52:43 PM
Green Mamba posted...
_Sanaki_ posted...

Er, I don't see any difference in this scenario outside of the inability to have two or more Docs in a single match. All Dr. Mario was was a model swapped Mario with modified properties to his moves--you're not saving any space this way outside of space on the character select screen which is entirely arbitrary.

SpunkySix posted...

He was my main in Melee, and I hated playing as Mario. So there's my reason--I liked playing as him. And honestly, I can't imagine Dr. Mario as an alternate character would take that much in the way of resources. Wario Man could have easily taken more resources than Dr. Mario did.

Point taken.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
#10GenoPosted 2/4/2013 10:12:50 PM
I don't understand what the frustration surrounding Dr. Mario is. Why not just make a Dr. Mario alt that changes the sound and look of his fireball? Boom, Dr. Mario right there. The statistical differences between Mario and Dr. Mario were moot point, so I'm not entirely certain why they'd need to be adjusted, but it certainly wouldn't be a huge issue to do some light number tweaks assigned to a new costume to make it more authentic to his Melee incarnation.

Same with Roy. Just have the VA change and add fire to attacks on the alt costume. Done.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853