This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope Sakurai is kept in check.

#51Grammar_manPosted 2/9/2013 1:07:43 PM
Chzrm3 posted...

Brawl sold 11 million copies - there is clearly immense demand for Smash.

Mario and Sonic at the olympic games ran roughshod over Brawl in the sales department, clearly they should drop Smash for more Olympic Games!

Chzrm3 posted...

KI:U has struggled to sell 1 million copies, despite being one of the few interesting games to buy on the 3DS. There is clearly very limited demand for KI:U.

1 million+ games sold means that it beat all but three megaman games for sales, as well as every single Fire Emblem(though Awakening might yet beat it). Not bad for a revival.
#52JunDagekiPosted 2/9/2013 9:02:48 PM
SSE was great and i hope to see a similar story mode in the next game.

It was fun in co-op, challenging at high difficulty, and story was full of characters interactions which means fan service everywhere which is the point of the whole franchise: fan service.

(yes im aware of the original enemies and places, but i was enjoying the mode so much i didn't care about it)
---
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
#53D_BartPosted 2/9/2013 9:47:06 PM
Chzrm3 posted...

I'm going to stop you right there - Nintendo is not a non-for-profit. They're not the ASPCA, whose ads you see on this site quite frequently. They aren't doing this out of the good of their hearts.

They are a business.

Y'know there is a middle ground that exists between "overly idealistic art student" and "Ayn Rand reading white-collar criminal."

I'm not saying that the Wii U and Nintendo's current direction isn't heavily flawed, but, if the rumours are true, and the next-gen PS and Xbox make it impossible to share/rent/buy used games, we'll also be seeing how badly the whole "all we care about is money!" mentality can backfire.
---
Splash
#54Sad_FacePosted 2/9/2013 10:55:43 PM
SuperJoshi07 posted...
"Why doesn't Sakurai just make more Smash Broz, cuz they sell?"
Maybe because there are things more important than just money? Maybe because other series have fans that want the occasional game? Maybe because his team doesn't want to continually grind out the same game with a few changes year after year, "cuz they sell?"

I'm going to stop you right there - Nintendo is not a non-for-profit. They're not the ASPCA, whose ads you see on this site quite frequently. They aren't doing this out of the good of their hearts.

They are a business.

And Sakurai is a person, who has feelings. This is the reason why Sakurai left Nintendo, so he wouldn't have to be working only on sequels.
#55saturn_frogurtPosted 2/10/2013 1:12:52 AM
I just hope Sakurai doesn't give characters blatant favoritism *coughmetaknightcough* like he did in Brawl.
---
- Swap God for a janitor, rot in a jar of dog paws -
Put a pinch of sage in your boots, and all day long a spicy scent is your reward.
#56ElectricNovaPosted 2/10/2013 1:42:12 AM
So because of one game that you didn't like that can be objectively considered good (Brawl) Sakurai is some awful creator who messes up everything he touches because of ONE GAME? seriously? Dunno where you get the impression he's a raging egomaniac who ruins everything.

(Thsi is just a response to this topic in general)
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#57P00DGEPosted 2/10/2013 4:24:59 PM
I guess all I have to say after all these walls of texts is that I agree that this game could dictate the potential success of the Wii U. It will be a massive system seller. I myself will only be buying a wii u for this game. If it looks good that is. I hope they take this game and the past complaints seriously. If not I may not get this or a wii u. And I would probably pick up a few other titles too if I owned a wii u but that hinges on if ssb is good or not. And from reading around it definately seems I am not alone in this mindframe
#58JangobadassPosted 2/10/2013 4:54:50 PM
I'm hoping he's reduced to figurehead (and possibly scapegoat) while Namco does all the real work.
---
http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d5tcexk
Happy Anniversary!