Nintendo & Namco just announced a new Mario Kart Arcade game...

#21ExodecaiPosted 2/6/2013 6:15:04 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Exodecai posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Exodecai posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
At this point there is no proof that Waluigi is in this game.

This is true, although it would be surprising if he wasn't since he was in the previous one that they made. I could only see them adding more characters and not removing

Doesn't mean Waluigi has to be one of the added characters.

He was already in the previous Mario Kart GP game. I'm saying I don't see them removing characters from the previous game, only adding new characters to expand the 10 man roster from the previous title.

Waluigi was in MKWii but not 7. You not seeing it doesn't change the fact that it can happen.

Wii is on consoles and 7 is on handhelds. Handhelds have smaller rosters. Wii and 7 were developed by different studios also. The arcade games have always been by Namco, again, I don't see them removing characters, only adding on. I'm not saying he's 100% confirmed to return, I'm just saying it would be surprising if they did remove him since he was already in their previous developed game.
---
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!
#22ViewtifulGenePosted 2/6/2013 6:24:48 AM
Exodecai posted...

Wii is on consoles and 7 is on handhelds. Handhelds have smaller rosters. Wii and 7 were developed by different studios also. The arcade games have always been by Namco, again, I don't see them removing characters, only adding on. I'm not saying he's 100% confirmed to return, I'm just saying it would be surprising if they did remove him since he was already in their previous developed game.

None of this proves he is more likely to stay than get cut. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. You can't say Waluigi is more likely to stay than get cut just because one side has more evidence. The likelihood of him getting cut is undefined, but you don't get to assume a question mark is a low number when it could be anything.

Arcade systems are not identical. You have no proof that the team of this game is identical to the one that made previous games. It's not like you have proof that a character will be cut and pasted in just because it's there. And you have no proof that it is as simple as a cut and paste from one arcade system to another.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#23HejiruPosted 2/6/2013 6:50:26 AM
Wesfanboynever posted...
CAW Evolution posted...
Pac-Man's in the new game; you can see his icon here: http://i.minus.com/i7qO8caLFyng4.png

And it's the new design.

Ugh, great.

I really hope that if Pac-Man gets in Smash they go back to his normal design and ditch this new ugly one. But they probably won't.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#24ExodecaiPosted 2/6/2013 7:04:52 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Exodecai posted...

None of this proves he is more likely to stay than get cut. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. You can't say Waluigi is more likely to stay than get cut just because one side has more evidence. The likelihood of him getting cut is undefined, but you don't get to assume a question mark is a low number when it could be anything.

Arcade systems are not identical. You have no proof that the team of this game is identical to the one that made previous games. It's not like you have proof that a character will be cut and pasted in just because it's there. And you have no proof that it is as simple as a cut and paste from one arcade system to another.

He's more likely to stay than be cut for reasons I keep on mentioning. Again, I'm not saying he's guaranteed, but his odds of being in lean more towards "yes" than "no"

I agree with the likelihood of him being cut is undefined, as we don't know anything if he's cut or not. I'm just saying given the evidence of previous games in the arcade series, it's more likely a yes than a no.
---
Proud Supporter of Waluigi for Smash 4. Waluigi Time!
#25RawstyleEeveePosted 2/6/2013 7:08:08 AM
liveman789 posted...
Wesfanboynever posted...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47366130&postcount=1

Did Pac's chance just rise once more? (Pac Man was in the previous arcade Mario Kart games...)

I remember when Mario and Sonic Olympic Games was announced before Sonic was for Brawl.

Lots of people saw that as both against and for his chances of being included for different reasons, but he ultimately ended up getting in.

Well Sonic was the nr.1 most requested character for Brawl, Pac Man has way more competition then him & gets outclassed by Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy, Shulk, Palutena,Ridley, K.rool & Little Mac in requests
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
#26MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/6/2013 8:49:40 AM
RawstyleEevee posted...
Well Sonic was the nr.1 most requested character for Brawl, Pac Man has way more competition then him & gets outclassed by Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy, Shulk, Palutena,Ridley, K.rool & Little Mac in requests

Yes, but Pac Man is infinitely more known, relevant, and important than all of them combined to the actual public and not just people who browse the Internet all day. Hell, he's more of an actual Nintendo All Star than those guys. Not to mention, one of the prime reasons we even have video games.

That's on top of the fact that he has the huge advantage of being the mascot of the guys who are helping with this game.
#27Gamer09ePosted 2/6/2013 9:19:38 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Wesfanboynever posted...
CAW Evolution posted...
Pac-Man's in the new game; you can see his icon here: http://i.minus.com/i7qO8caLFyng4.png

And it's the new design.

Bull****. Nobody recognizes Pac Man when he's not a flat pizza. Why do you think the pizza form was used in Wreck It Ralph?

I actually Chucked at this......
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#28ViewtifulGenePosted 2/6/2013 9:38:07 AM(edited)
Exodecai posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Exodecai posted...

He's more likely to stay than be cut for reasons I keep on mentioning. Again, I'm not saying he's guaranteed, but his odds of being in lean more towards "yes" than "no"

I agree with the likelihood of him being cut is undefined, as we don't know anything if he's cut or not. I'm just saying given the evidence of previous games in the arcade series, it's more likely a yes than a no.

If the probability of him getting cut is undefined, you cannot possibly say that the probability of him staying is greater. You can't say that 5 is greater than X when X could be anything.

None of the reasons presented rule out the possibility of him getting cut. All you have established is that more evidence supports the possibility of Waluigi staying than leaving. But absence of proof does not prove absence. Therefore you can't call one side more likely just for having more evidence. The absence of evidence doesn't prove that the answer is no. The absence of evidence leaves us without an answer either way.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#29Luigifan141Posted 2/6/2013 9:41:33 AM
Michaeloll posted...
do you guys think daisy will be a playable character? one image shows her on like an ad for the stage, so we probably have a daisy course at the least.

also is this game for u.s. people? if daisy is in this i might just have to pick up this game. i love to pick up new games with daisy so i can be all OH THEY RE USED THAT LINE OF HERS FROM A PREV GAME or to track when deanna has a new voice acting clip

This game isn't for sale, though! It's an arcade cabinet that will get distributed across arcades in Japan. lol

Also, who's "deanna"?
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#30ViewtifulGenePosted 2/6/2013 9:44:20 AM
Luigifan141 posted...

This game isn't for sale, though! It's an arcade cabinet

Arcade cabinets can be purchased.
---