This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nintendo & Namco just announced a new Mario Kart Arcade game...

#31SalsaSavantPosted 2/6/2013 8:51:26 AM
On Waluigi...
He wasn't in GP, but was in GP 2.

I believe they'll think of him, but if Namco decides to focus on their own characters, he and Daisy will be the first to be cut.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#32RawstyleEeveePosted 2/6/2013 9:25:54 AM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...
Well Sonic was the nr.1 most requested character for Brawl, Pac Man has way more competition then him & gets outclassed by Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy, Shulk, Palutena,Ridley, K.rool & Little Mac in requests

Yes, but Pac Man is infinitely more known, relevant, and important than all of them combined to the actual public and not just people who browse the Internet all day. Hell, he's more of an actual Nintendo All Star than those guys. Not to mention, one of the prime reasons we even have video games.

That's on top of the fact that he has the huge advantage of being the mascot of the guys who are helping with this game.

If Pac Man is so well known, why is he barely requested for Smash & its only the Tales,Tekken & Soul Calibur team of Namco that is helping Sakurai & they said that if Sakurai doesn't want a Namco rep, we won't be getting a Namco rep

Also seeing that 3rd party spots could be reduced due that Sakurai said "he sees the need to narrow down 3rd parties & currently he only hinted at a Capcom rep being possible means that Mega Man has far more priority then any Namco rep due fan demand.

However if Capcom doesn't allow it, I can easily see Sakurai cutting the 3rd parties entirely from Smash or just Sonic staying
---
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board
#33Gamer09ePosted 2/6/2013 9:53:00 AM
RawstyleEevee posted...
MrSpacelySlate posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...
Well Sonic was the nr.1 most requested character for Brawl, Pac Man has way more competition then him & gets outclassed by Mega Man, Mewtwo, Roy, Shulk, Palutena,Ridley, K.rool & Little Mac in requests

Yes, but Pac Man is infinitely more known, relevant, and important than all of them combined to the actual public and not just people who browse the Internet all day. Hell, he's more of an actual Nintendo All Star than those guys. Not to mention, one of the prime reasons we even have video games.

That's on top of the fact that he has the huge advantage of being the mascot of the guys who are helping with this game.

If Pac Man is so well known, why is he barely requested for Smash & its only the Tales,Tekken & Soul Calibur team of Namco that is helping Sakurai & they said that if Sakurai doesn't want a Namco rep, we won't be getting a Namco rep

Also seeing that 3rd party spots could be reduced due that Sakurai said "he sees the need to narrow down 3rd parties & currently he only hinted at a Capcom rep being possible means that Mega Man has far more priority then any Namco rep due fan demand.

However if Capcom doesn't allow it, I can easily see Sakurai cutting the 3rd parties entirely from Smash or just Sonic staying

Lol... being Well known doesn't necessarily mean Most requested, its funny how you really try to dispute Pacman popularity,with how many request he gets on this site (which is what i'm assuming your basing your post on). Along side Mario and Sonic, pacman is one of video gaming most recognizable character.
---
Elektra for UMvC 3 and Pac man for SSBWIIU
#34GenoPosted 2/6/2013 9:59:28 AM
Whether or not Sakurai wants a Namco rep, I'm fairly certain that a stipulation in their contract was that Namco gets a character into Smash. That's too good for even Namco to pass up. I'd be honestly surprised if we didn't get a Namco rep in Smash 4.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#35RawstyleEeveePosted 2/6/2013 10:04:20 AM
Gamer09e posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...
MrSpacelySlate posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...

Lol... being Well known doesn't necessarily mean Most requested, its funny how you really try to dispute Pacman popularity,with how many request he gets on this site (which is what i'm assuming your basing your post on). Along side Mario and Sonic, pacman is one of video gaming most recognizable character.

Thats the thing, he only gets so much support here.
The Japanese are also far more interested in a Tales or Tekken character as proven by Snakey & they are the majority of the fans, Sakurai will look at to determin this times fan fav characters
---
#36ViewtifulGenePosted 2/6/2013 10:21:33 AM(edited)
RawstyleEevee posted...

The Japanese are also far more interested in a Tales or Tekken character as proven by Snakey & they are the majority of the fans, Sakurai will look at to determin this times fan fav characters

There is no proof that Sakurai's perceptions of popularity come solely from online posts.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#37RawstyleEeveePosted 2/6/2013 10:38:03 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...

I see no proof that Sakurai's perceptions of popularity come solely from online posts.

I can show you the japanese Melee polls if you want:)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html

Brawls polls however were only held on the Japanese dojo by Sakurai himself, but the results were never posted

http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Storage/SmashBros/I-ve-been-making-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters

Sakurai works like this, he looks at a few characters the fans want the most(Bowser), then he looks for characters of his choice that add in to Gameplay(Ice Climbers)

What hinders Pac Man is that he isn't as wanted as guys like Mewtwo, Megaman,Shulk & K.rool, but that Sakurai said he sees the need to narrow 3rd party characters from the roster isn't also helping him

He currently only hinted at a Capcom rep being possible & Namco themselves said Sakurai is still in charge of the game, so I hope for Namco Sakurai agrees with Including Pac Man;)

Pac Man may be lacking in requests, but I suppose he could fall under the Unique gameplay characters
---
#38ViewtifulGenePosted 2/6/2013 10:39:05 AM
RawstyleEevee posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...

I see no proof that Sakurai's perceptions of popularity come solely from online posts.

Brawls polls however were only held on the Japanese dojo by Sakurai himself, but the results were never posted

http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Storage/SmashBros/I-ve-been-making-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters

Sakurai works like this, he looks at a few characters the fans want the most(Bowser), then he looks for characters of his choice that add in to Gameplay(Ice Climbers)

What hinders Pac Man is that he isn't as wanted as guys like Mewtwo, Megaman,Shulk & K.rool, but that Sakurai said he sees the need to narrow 3rd party characters from the roster isn't also helping him

He currently only hinted at a Capcom rep being possible & Namco themselves said Sakurai is still in charge of the game, so I hope for Namco Sakurai agrees with Including Pac Man;)

Pac Man may be lacking in requests, but I suppose he could fall under the Unique gameplay characters

I see no proof that the characters were chosen because of the polls.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#39RawstyleEeveePosted 2/6/2013 10:45:06 AM
ViewtifulGene posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
RawstyleEevee posted...

I see no proof that the characters were chosen because of the polls.

How come then Bowser,Mewtwo,Marth & Peach made it into Melee

All of these characters were the highest on that poll

Wario & King Dedede also almost made it into Melee
---
#40ViewtifulGenePosted 2/6/2013 10:49:37 AM(edited)
RawstyleEevee posted...

How come then Bowser,Mewtwo,Marth & Peach made it into Melee

All of these characters were the highest on that poll

Wario & King Dedede also almost made it into Melee

Sakurai said popularity is not the only factor. They could've easily been added for other factors; you can't say the poll was the deciding factor.
---