POLL: If an Earthbound rep had to be cut, who should be the one to STAY?

#11LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/6/2013 9:18:51 PM
I'd rather have Lucas stay.

Imo, he's a better character and Ness is not the first protagonist of the series (that would be Ninten), so he doesn't have the same excuse for being in the roster that Marth does.

I don't want either to be cut, by the way.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#12Charizard18Posted 2/6/2013 9:20:08 PM
Biased poll is biased. Why do people always have to pick on the Mother series? :/
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#13albertojz356Posted 2/6/2013 9:25:42 PM
I'd rather have Ninten get his revenge by replacing both. Jk I voted Ness since seniority and all.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#14CAW EvolutionPosted 2/6/2013 9:42:16 PM
Ness -- he has a lot more going for him.

Ness
+ worldwide release of MOTHER 2/EarthBound
+ MOTHER 1+2
+ MOTHER 2 Virtual Console
+ has appeared in every Smash Bros. game to date

Lucas
+ MOTHER 3
+ has appeared in one Smash Bros. game
#15CharizardFirePosted 2/6/2013 11:11:41 PM
Sakurai originally planned to cut Ness in Melee and replace him with Lucas, so Lucas is safer.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#16SirIlpalazzoPosted 2/7/2013 12:42:56 AM
CharizardFire posted...
Sakurai originally planned to cut Ness in Melee and replace him with Lucas, so Lucas is safer.

The situation is different now. Ness, as well as the first two games, are looked on with a huge amount of nostalgia in Japan and all of the series' current merchandise is centered around those first two games (because Japanese gamers see the Mother series as more of a nostalgic thing, and Mother 3 isn't revered like it is among the English-speaking hardcore audience). If one Mother character were cut, it would absolutely be Lucas.
---
I am sure people have many nice memories of yelling at their controllers.~Keiji Inafune