Who do you think the Fire Emblem reps will be?

#11liveman789Posted 2/7/2013 1:15:21 AM
Snakey posted...
Someguy_13 posted...
I don't think they'll cut Ike. I think they'll add Chrom. And I even think there's a chance for Roy to return.

Fire Emblem deserves 4 reps at least as much as Starfox deserves 3.

I think the FE series will be the most likely series outside of Mario/Zelda/Pokemon to hit four slots. Chrom will probably be a luigi-fied variation of Ike, while Roy a luigi-fied version of Marth. I expect Chrom and Roy though to have at least one different special and an unique Final Smash though.

LANDMASTER!!!

But I agree, if any else is going to get 4 reps, Fire Emblem deserves it. They've had a good amount of games. Though I think 3 would be the best option, leaving room for other new series to be represented.
#12Someguy_13Posted 2/7/2013 1:22:46 AM
Snakey posted...
Someguy_13 posted...
I don't think they'll cut Ike. I think they'll add Chrom. And I even think there's a chance for Roy to return.

Fire Emblem deserves 4 reps at least as much as Starfox deserves 3.

I think the FE series will be the most likely series outside of Mario/Zelda/Pokemon to hit four slots. Chrom will probably be a luigi-fied variation of Ike, while Roy a luigi-fied version of Marth. I expect Chrom and Roy though to have at least one different special and an unique Final Smash though.

Well Marth and Ike are pretty much unique. If Roy comes back they could give him Ike's neutral B while giving Ike Roy's old one (this keeps them all different, while still keeping Roy with the fire theme).
After that I feel Roy would still have a counter (since it's sort of a staple of the reps for the series by now), but for the rest of his moves he'll probably end up being like Luigi to Marths Mario.
His Side B could be a projectile (since in his games he could use a sword that had extra range) and changes to his normals could make him even more different.

Chrom could also get a unique moveset, but if they really really cant come up with one, I think they should use Robin, since he has magic he could be using as well.

Speed wise Marth would be the fastest, then Chrom, then Roy, then Ike.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#13SirIlpalazzoPosted 2/7/2013 1:34:15 AM
Doug314 posted...
None of those. It's just ridiculous to think there will only be sword users. None of those options are likely at all.

There are no non-sword-using Fire Emblem characters who would be likely based on Sakurai's criteria (as far as we know).
---
I am sure people have many nice memories of yelling at their controllers.~Keiji Inafune
#14Someguy_13Posted 2/7/2013 1:38:48 AM
SirIlpalazzo posted...
Doug314 posted...
None of those. It's just ridiculous to think there will only be sword users. None of those options are likely at all.

There are no non-sword-using Fire Emblem characters who would be likely based on Sakurai's criteria (as far as we know).

Well since how relevant they are isn't one of those criteria, Ephraim would work.

But there would literally be no reason to include him.
If you want a retro FE rep, you can go older, if you want a modern FE rep you can go newer, and popularity wise you could do a lot better.
---
#15Doug314Posted 2/7/2013 1:41:43 AM
SirIlpalazzo posted...
Doug314 posted...

He says they must bring balance to the roster. All swords is dreadfully unbalanced once you get to 3 or more. So actually it does mean we're likely to get someone different.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#16SnakeyPosted 2/7/2013 1:47:29 AM
Doug314 posted...

He says they must bring balance to the roster. All swords is dreadfully unbalanced once you get to 3 or more. So actually it does mean we're likely to get someone different.

I am pretty sure you are interpreting that wrong.

I think the only other series with a shot of hitting four playable characters are DK, Kirby, and Star Fox.

With DK, we will probably get K. Rool. Demand is also quite decent for Dixie Kong. However, considering both K. Rool and Dixie Kong both only made their last appearance in 2008, we may just get only one.

With Kirby, the only newcomer candidate is Waddle Dee (Bandanna). However, there is little demand for him.

With Star Fox, the only newcomer candidate is Krystal. However, the character gets a lot of hate, has most of her popularity in the West, her last appearance was in 2006, the SF's only new game was a port of 64 (in which Krystal is absent), and the expectation for her is to be a completely unique character (of which would be a large wast of effort for a character from a series that has taken a backseat for over a half a decade).
---
Play It Loud
#17BlackBeetleborgPosted 2/7/2013 1:59:09 AM
Marth, Ike wielding Urvan, and Chrom with what ever sword he has because I haven't played the game yet.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdU8oqCbvzo&feature=watch_response LoL-BlueberryHuggles UMvC3 Phoenix Wright/Captain America/Sentinel
#18Faceman_Posted 2/7/2013 2:20:51 AM
I see them keeping Marth as a permanent main stay, being the hero of the first game and all. I'd put my money on them cutting Ike and replacing him with Chrom since he'd be the representative of the newest game. FE isn't a Mario or Zelda with established characters. They change constantly and as such, they should in SSB.
#19Someguy_13Posted 2/7/2013 4:31:47 AM
Faceman_ posted...
I see them keeping Marth as a permanent main stay, being the hero of the first game and all. I'd put my money on them cutting Ike and replacing him with Chrom since he'd be the representative of the newest game. FE isn't a Mario or Zelda with established characters. They change constantly and as such, they should in SSB.

But why have such a big series that is still getting games be equally repped with Mother? A series with only 3 games that's been dead for years.

Two reps is too few for Fire Emblem.
---
#20TheMasterTurtlePosted 2/7/2013 4:44:38 AM
I certainly agree that FE should get more reps. I would also rather Roy not return, if he does though at least make him play differently, they could just make him wield the Sealed Sword and then change it from there. Also, if Chrom is in the game ACTUALLY give him the Falchion. The fact that Marth doesn't wield the Falchion or a Rapier has bugged me for years.

My ideal roster would have Finn but we all know that can't ever happen.
---
OFFICIAL WARTORTLE OF THE B/W BOARDS