POLL: Which roster of mine would you prefer: one with cuts or one without cuts?

#1liveman789Posted 2/6/2013 8:46:58 PM
Which roster do you like better? - Results (70 votes)
Roster One: Without Cuts
72.86% (51 votes)
Roster Two: With Cuts
11.43% (8 votes)
I like both equally
0% (0 votes)
I dislike both equally
15.71% (11 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Roster One (Without Cuts)
http://oi49.tinypic.com/29l22bm.jpg

Roster Two (With Cuts)
http://oi47.tinypic.com/wa3xjn.jpg

NEWCOMERS ON BOTH ROSTERS

1) Bowser Jr.
The most obvious choice for a Mario newcomer, other than Toad. So why not Toad, then? ONE, Toad is part of Peaches moveset. Yes, he can easily be replaced with another move, but that still is slightly against his chances. TWO, Bowser has an excellent moveset potential. While his father uses his physical strength, Bowser Jr. can use the various gadgets he has used in his many appearances. Toad would probably end up being a mixture of Peach and Mario/Luigi. THREE, Bowser Jr. is a villain, which this game could use. He is also an individual character, which Toad is not.

2) King K. Rool
He's been the main antagonist of many Donkey Kong games in the past, and has recently appeared in the Mario Baseball game that was developed by Namco. That doesn't hurt his chances.

3) 6th Generation Pokemon
This is very likely, as with each Smash Bros installment, a Pokemon from the most recent generation has been given a playable character rep.

4) Ghirahim
Argue all you want, but Ghirahim's popularity is incredibly higher than past non-Ganon villains like Zant, Vaait, or Skull Kid. He was also much more consistent in Skyward Sword than any of them were in their respective games.

5) Little Mac
He was recently revived on the Wii, but he is also one of the bigger Nintendo icons of the past. He definitely deserves to be in.

6) Shulk
The protagonist of the recent and critically acclaimed Xenoblade series. There is also a sequel coming for WiiU (most likely). If that game gets a different protagonist, Shulk can still be relevant as the "Marth" of his series.

7) Chrom
The "Ike" of this generation. If the pattern of Smash Bros follows, he will most definitely be included.

8) Takamaru
A highly requested retro character, especially in the west. His series also has a mini game in Nintendo Land, so that does not hurt his chances.

9) Palutena
Do I think Kid Icarus deserves a second rep? No, they've only had 2 games. But, Sakurai is made the last installment, so I believe he'd want to include a character from it. And of all of them, Palutena is the most deserving, as much as I'd like to see Hades.

10) Pac-man
The most likely third party rep. Namco is developing the game, and Pac-man is their mascot, and not to mention of of the biggest video game icons of all time. If he were excluded, it'd be like SEGA was co-developing and didn't include Sonic. He's got to be in.
#2liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:47:17 PM
CUT CHARACTERS (Only Roster One)

1) Toon Link
If they're going to put in another incarnation of Link, just to make him a lighter and faster clone, then I consider him a waste of space. If Toon Link comes back, then I really hope he has a different moveset, which is so easily doable.

2) Falco
Yeah, he's been in the two last Smash Bros games, but hear me out. Having three characters with basically the same movesets in rather ridiculous, in my opinion. So why not cut Wolf instead of Falco? ONE, Wolf is actually different enough, from both Fox and Falco, that he is probably the most contrasted clone character in Brawl. Falco, with many differences from Fox, is still way too similar to him. TWO, most of the characters in Brawl are either protagonists of their own game or the main antagonist of one. Falco is neither, and I don't think he's as important to the series as Wolf is

3) Lucas
Like Falco, Lucas is way to similar to his counterpart. Yes, I know him and Ness have very "different" movesets and stats, but they are still clones. If Lucas comes back, I hope he has a different moveset.

So why not cut Luigi, Ganondorf, Ike, Lucario, or Jigglypuff?
- Luigi actually makes sense as a clone, even though he is a very different fighter than Mario.
- Ganondorf is an extremely important part of the Zelda series, though I really hope they change his moveset this time.
- Ike, unlike Roy, isn't a clone. He's also still a bit relevant. I think he deserves to stay.
- Lucario has a very interesting moveset and gimmick. Also, unlike Mewtwo, he is still pretty relevant to Pokemon.
- But wait, Jigglypuff really isn't relevant anymore either! While you may be right, Jigglypuff stays in for two reasons. ONE, she's one of the original 12, who should remain untouched. TWO, her moveset is hilarious and unique, and if she isn't any longer relevant with Pokemon, she sure as heck is still relevant to Smash Bros.

ADDITIONAL NEWCOMERS (Only Roster Two)

1) Tingle
Boy do I hate this guy. He is annoying, weird, and creepy. But, he does have his own spinoff series. If he were to get in with an original moveset, I would much prefer him over a clone like Toon Link. I'd also prefer him over Impa, because I think she'd be too Sheik-ish.

2) Balloon Fighter
I feel like he could be the type of character that Olimar was to Brawl, in that his moveset has a very interesting gimmick. I don't have an idea of what that gimmick could be, but I know that there is potential there. He also has a mini game in Nintendo Land, like Takamaru, so that doesn't hurt his chances, either.

3) Dunk Hunt Dog
My preference if we have another WTF character. Duck Hunt was huge, and it's still sort of relevant today. If they were to get a rep, it'd obviously be Duck Hunt Dog.
#3ViewtifulGenePosted 2/6/2013 9:05:46 PM
I would not cut anyone for those newcomers.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#4MM125Posted 2/6/2013 10:07:54 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
I would not cut anyone for those newcomers.

---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#5SmashBro25Posted 2/6/2013 10:17:16 PM
The only meaningful addition to the roster with cuts is Balloon Fighter. Even though he is one of my most wanted characters, I wouldn't sacrifice Lucas, Falco, and Toon Link for him and two other jokey type characters. So I'll take the roster without cuts.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#6LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/6/2013 10:21:08 PM
Remove Ghirahim from both rosters and replace Duck Hunt Dog with Lucas in the second roster. Then I'd be fine with either one.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#7LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/6/2013 10:30:58 PM(edited)
liveman789 posted...
Yes, I know him and Ness have very "different" movesets and stats, but they are still clones.

very "different" movesets and stats... still clones.

"different"... clones.

Please explain how a character can be an exact copy of and different from another character at the same time.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#8sumostickfigurePosted 2/6/2013 10:28:43 PM
liveman789 posted...
Yes, I know him and Ness have very "different" movesets and stats, but they are still clones.

"different"... clones.

Please explain how a character can be an exact copy and different from another character at the same time.

Among members of the SSB fanbase, "clone" has come to mean any character that shares B moves with each other. The rest of their movesets don't need to be the least bit similar and the characters don't even have to play the same way.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#9liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:49:50 PM
sumostickfigure posted...
liveman789 posted...

"different"... clones.

Please explain how a character can be an exact copy and different from another character at the same time.

Among members of the SSB fanbase, "clone" has come to mean any character that shares B moves with each other. The rest of their movesets don't need to be the least bit similar and the characters don't even have to play the same way.

Kind of what you said. It's kind of lazy to give the same B moves, meanwhile theres an extreme amount of potential for a new set of original moves.
#10CharizardFirePosted 2/6/2013 10:50:58 PM
So I'm choosing "Toon Link, Falco, and Lucas" and "Tingle, Balloon Fighter, and Duck Hunt Dog"?

First one, no contest.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif