This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Which roster of mine would you prefer: one with cuts or one without cuts?

#21Chzrm3Posted 2/7/2013 1:56:52 PM
Dixie needs to be in the game over K. Rool, and there are about 5 Zelda reps that matter significantly more than Ghirahim, even on the back of SS's popularity.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#22Vegeta1000Posted 2/7/2013 2:11:11 PM
I'm only going to touch roster #2.

- The reason you listed for Toad not getting in are quite sad. IMO, he's much more likely than Bowser Jr.

- Lucario and Ike are the ones in the most danger of being cut due to irrelevancy. The Wind Waker HD release actually helps Toon Link's chances of returning.

- At this point, if we get a Zelda newcomer it's going to be Toon Zelda/Tetra. Tingle ain't happening due to the massive hate he receives in the West and Ghirahim ain't happening because he simply isn't deserving enough.

- Wolf will get cut before Falco. Falco has seniority over Wolf being in two games plus Wolf was possibly the last characters added in Brawl meaning he wasn't originally planned for the game.

- Balloon Fighter was already shot down in the past and I don't see Duck Hut Dog happening. Besides Takamaru, the only other likely Retro at this point is Lip.

- No Isaac, Saki or Megaman? You better come up with good reasons as to why you excluded those guys.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#23Blazekicker27Posted 2/7/2013 2:23:44 PM
I don't like those reasons against Toad. And as mentioned earlier, Lucas only shares Ness's B moves. While I agree they should be made unique, that doesn't make him a full on clone.

Anyways, I prefer the one without cuts. Not only am I against them, it doesn't have Tingle or the Duck Hunt Dog.
---
Official Houndoom of the Pokemon XY boards.
http://i.imgur.com/rNgxY.png
#24liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:31:38 PM
Vegeta1000 posted...
- No Isaac, Saki or Megaman? You better come up with good reasons as to why you excluded those guys.

Isaac and Saki come from very good games, but aren't very popular or as successful as other Nintendo franchises. I think having them as Assist Trophies makes better sense.

As far as Mega Man, I think he is the 2nd most deserving third party newcomer after Pac-man. But, unlike Pac-man, I don't think his chances are very high due to his current relationship with Capcom.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi49.tinypic.com/29l22bm.jpg
#25Captain_FetishPosted 2/7/2013 2:36:39 PM
Roster One. The newcomers in Roster Two aren't worth the cuts.
---
Fetish Kick!
Rosalina: (steps on you)
#26Vegeta1000Posted 2/7/2013 9:15:08 PM
Isaac and Saki come from very good games, but aren't very popular or as successful as other Nintendo franchises. I think having them as Assist Trophies makes better sense.

Isaac was one of the most requested characters during the Pre-Brawl days. He's the most popular and iconic character from a series that needs representation. Saki has some good support as well. He's a popular character from a game that has a huge cult following. And it helps that his game is no longer Japan-only and the well-received sequel was released worldwide as well. Sakurai himself is a fan of Saki. Both of very popular in the West. The only thing that hurts their chances of getting in is that no one from Japan wants them in.

As far as Mega Man, I think he is the 2nd most deserving third party newcomer after Pac-man. But, unlike Pac-man, I don't think his chances are very high due to his current relationship with Capcom.

Except there's no proof that Capcom actually hates Megaman. If that was the case then he wouldn't he gotten in Street Fighter X Tekken (Bad Box Art Megaman or not) or Capcom wouldn't had made Megaman X Street Fighter into an actual game. A few cancelled games doesn't mean Capcom doesn't like Megaman anymore.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!