This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly Metroid Does DESERVE 3 Reps!

#1xyzlacticPosted 2/7/2013 12:40:41 AM
Like is so annoying that samus is still alone in the roster. I mean Metroid sold a lot for nintendo yet she still stuck with herself?

like come on sakurai!

I can see people saying shes always alone in her game, but thats BS there are plenty to choose from like Ridley, MB, Slyx, Dark samus, Anthony Higgs.

i can see the roster looking something like this

-Samus/Zer Suit Samus
-Ridley
-Anthony Higgs

Rigley is there to rep the villain category and anthony higgs is there to rep whats relevant from meetroid.

but whatever it is i just want to see metroid recognized at least and show its more than just samus. there is more variety, but i wonder why sakurai doesnt show it? beats me. :P
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#2liveman789Posted 2/7/2013 12:45:07 AM
It does, but Metroid's only deserving rep is Samus.

I'd say Ridley is "deserving," but he is better suited as a boss character.

They have no one else that os worthy. Why do you think they added Zero Suit Samus in Brawl? No one else is suitable to be included, so they just put in Samus without her suit as a character.

They should start giving the series some more recurring, important characters. Not only for the sake of Smash Bros reps, but for the sake of the Metroid series itself.
#3xyzlactic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:46:43 AM
liveman789 posted...
It does, but Metroid's only deserving rep is Samus.

They have no one else that os worthy. Why do you think they added Zero Suit Samus in Brawl? No one else is suitable to be included, so they just put in Samus without her suit as a character.

They should start giving the series some more recurring, important characters. Not only for the sake of Smash Bros reps, but for the sake of the Metroid series itself.

mother brain is better for the Boss role

Ridley can be playable, just sakurai has been lazy on adding him.

Anthony higgs is a new metroid character who people like. i can see him being playable or being an assist character
---
Homosexual Hipster of Smash Bros and Pokemon X and Y boards. G.A.Y = Good At Yugioh
#4Mister_LuigiPosted 2/7/2013 12:54:45 AM
Samus, Zero Suit Samus, and Ridley are probably the best representatives for the series and should have all been in already, in my opinion =)
---
Why not right? Everybody picks a character or two that they support for SSB4; I will too! Masked Marth, I choose you! (Perhaps my choice will make sense later?)
#5reaverzPosted 2/7/2013 12:54:50 AM
I think Sakurai truly overlooked Ridley as a possibility for a playable character in Brawl, but I bet he had to give it more thought this time. After all, he was asked about Ridley as a playable character after Brawl was released, and his answer could go either way ("pretty impossible, but if we really tried... he'd be a bit slow, though").

I really wouldn't be surprised if Ridley makes it in Smash 4. Metroid most definitely deserves to have another character if a series like Kid Icarus gets a second. At the same time, I would sadly accept it if Ridley isn't made playable and Samus and Zero Suit Samus remain the only playable characters for Metroid. At that point, I'd chalk it up to Sakurai having some sort of rule that affects Ridley's viability as a playable character, much like he has one that's preventing Animal Crossing from having a playable character.
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#6EarthLord_CJPosted 2/7/2013 1:13:05 AM
reaverz posted...
I think Sakurai truly overlooked Ridley as a possibility for a playable character in Brawl, but I bet he had to give it more thought this time. After all, he was asked about Ridley as a playable character after Brawl was released, and his answer could go either way ("pretty impossible, but if we really tried... he'd be a bit slow, though").

I don't think he specifically said it was impossible, but yeah, he definitely theorised that a playable Ridley would be rather slow.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Ridley makes it in Smash 4. Metroid most definitely deserves to have another character if a series like Kid Icarus gets a second. At the same time, I would sadly accept it if Ridley isn't made playable and Samus and Zero Suit Samus remain the only playable characters for Metroid. At that point, I'd chalk it up to Sakurai having some sort of rule that affects Ridley's viability as a playable character, much like he has one that's preventing Animal Crossing from having a playable character.

I wouldn't be surprised either. I'm hoping for him, but if he's nowhere in sight I'll just have to hang my head in disappointment...and pick up the game anyway.

I agree with you on your point about Sakurai possibly making a rule for Ridley, or other characters like him. If there's no Ridley, though, there probably isn't any other characters that would arguably be as 'suitable' as him in regards to how much of an impact they make on the series. I'd like Dark Samus, and I'd even take one of the many other Hunters that have been introduced in the series, but it kind of would feel 'off' without the big guy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qgqVy.jpg
"Don't wanna know...where the sinners go..."
#7HejiruPosted 2/7/2013 3:43:11 AM
Totally agree.

liveman789 posted...

What about Dark Samus and Adam? They're both significant Metroid characters.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#8PaulMalucciMDPosted 2/7/2013 6:36:30 AM
Yes if Starfox doea
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#9COlimar788Posted 2/7/2013 7:02:41 AM
How about we make Ridley playable, forget about any character that Other M may have ever contributed, and call it a day?

Or, alternately, if Metroid was to get a third playable character, make it Dark Samus.
---
There will never be a game as horribly disappointing as Other M
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#10Da_Guy_in_a_HatPosted 2/7/2013 7:10:42 AM
Well actually, the best possible way possible to repent Metroid is
to have Samus, Zero Suit, Anthony Higgs and Adam Malcolmvick all in one

Adam is like Pokemon Trainer
Samus is the lead then Adam says "I did not authorize the power suit"
and throws a rock which Samus trips over causing the suit break
now we get Zero Suit, after naturally performing terribly, Adam goes
"Ugh she's useless send in The MBD"
and now we get Anthony Higgs, then the cycles start over with THE _____BABY