The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How many times will Nintendo be BETRAYED before they learn?

#1dedekongPosted 2/7/2013 5:56:56 PM
With Nintendo losing Rayman Legends as a Wii U exclusive, we have another notch on the wall of betrayals Nintendo has had to deal with since the N64 era. It really is no one else's fault aside from Nintendo's.

When you start catering to third parties who are fickle and do nothing for you, you're going to get burned in the end. This is just another reason why Nintendo should not allow Snake or any other non-exclusive third party character in Smash. What type of message does this send out to the developers like Level 5 who have given Nintendo exclusives like Professor Layton?

Nintendo needs to include characters who are synonymous with the Nintendo brand, not characters who are known more on other consoles. Until Nintendo gets their act together expect more developers to keep betraying them.
#2TheSpiderSense5Posted 2/7/2013 5:58:16 PM

But I LIKE Snake...

:(
---
"Ah, after getting my top scholars to think about it, we have figured out what your question means. It turns out you are just a smartass." - Zerdark
#3TheAvianheartPosted 2/7/2013 5:59:39 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4uyevImMo1rpn610o1_400.gif

Rayman Legends is a sequel to a multiplatform game. Does it hurt the Wii U slightly that the other consoles are getting it months later? A little. Is it gonna kill the Wii U? Nope.
#4SpunkySixPosted 2/7/2013 6:00:14 PM
Nobody was betrayed. Ubisoft has no obligation to stay exclusive to Nintendo. Nintendo wasn't burned either, they'll still profit from Legends. This has nothing to do with Smash Bros either way.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#5l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/7/2013 6:01:02 PM
Non-exclusive third parties, eh?

You mean like Ryu?
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#6dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:01:14 PM
TheAvianheart posted...

Rayman Legends is a sequel to a multiplatform game. Does it hurt the Wii U slightly that the other consoles are getting it months later? A little. Is it gonna kill the Wii U? Nope.

The game has been delayed and will ship across all platforms at the same time. This is significantly damaging to Nintendo and the Wii U.
#7ViewtifulGenePosted 2/7/2013 6:02:02 PM
Tell me how Sakurai's decision to add a Konami character links to a decision at Ubisoft. Show me your proof that Sakurai decided not to include an Ubisoft character because of Snake.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#8SpunkySixPosted 2/7/2013 6:02:34 PM
dedekong posted...
TheAvianheart posted...

The game has been delayed and will ship across all platforms at the same time. This is significantly damaging to Nintendo and the Wii U.

How do you know? Do you have numbers? Do you have proof that they care in connection to Smash Bros?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#9SmallerRidleyPosted 2/7/2013 6:02:57 PM
This wasn't expected. I mean, news of something that might (read: might) negatively affect Nintendo's profits doesn't usually bring a dedekong topic.

And on the heels of someone else making a topic about this same thing from a very slightly different angle with a different agenda. Oh what is this world coming to.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#10dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:03:22 PM
SpunkySix posted...
Nobody was betrayed. Ubisoft has no obligation to stay exclusive to Nintendo. Nintendo wasn't burned either, they'll still profit from Legends. This has nothing to do with Smash Bros either way.

This does have something to do with Smash. Smash bros is a gateway to building relationships with 3rd parties. However, Nintendo chooses to build relationships with developers who have no intent on being loyal.

l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Non-exclusive third parties, eh?

You mean like Ryu?

I only support Ryu in the case of a Capcom character being chosen for Smash.