This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many times will Nintendo be BETRAYED before they learn?

#21dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:15:58 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
Sakurai doesn't choose 3rd parties based on a fanboy's perception of console wars. Companies don't decide based on fanboy perceptions of console wars either.

This has nothing to do with console wars, or fanboy perceptions. Nintendo has acknowledged their intents to build third party relationships, and gather up exclusives. So when a game that was being promoted as exclusive for one of their consoles suddenly isn't, then obviously that isn't a good look for Nintendo.
#22dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:19:05 PM
bronzefrog posted...
dedekong posted...
This is just another reason why Nintendo should not allow Snake.

Snake is not part of Ubisoft.

Do not seek to lump Snake with Ubisoft. Your trend of discrimination is quite worrying.

I'm using Ubisoft and Snake as relevant examples to support my point. If you, and anyone else who misunderstands, had comprehended what I saw stating, then you would know I am referring to all of the 3rd parties that have betrayed Nintendo at some point (starting from the N64 era).

The irony is that you're the one lumping Snake together with Ubisoft, not me.
#23ViewtifulGenePosted 2/7/2013 5:20:35 PM(edited)
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
Sakurai doesn't choose 3rd parties based on a fanboy's perception of console wars. Companies don't decide based on fanboy perceptions of console wars either.

This has nothing to do with console wars, or fanboy perceptions. Nintendo has acknowledged their intents to build third party relationships, and gather up exclusives. So when a game that was being promoted as exclusive for one of their consoles suddenly isn't, then obviously that isn't a good look for Nintendo.

If it's about building new relationships then why should they shut the door on somebody that doesn't already have a perfect relationship? There's no accurate method to rule out the possibility of "betrayal" either way.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#24UberPyro64Posted 2/7/2013 5:19:23 PM
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

This is not a good argument for Snake not being like at all. Konami has nothing to do with Ubisoft. Look at my other post for reason why Snake should stay.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#25TheAvianheartPosted 2/7/2013 5:21:33 PM
dedekong posted...
TheAvianheart posted...
dedekong posted...
TheAvianheart posted...
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4uyevImMo1rpn610o1_400.gif

Rayman Legends is a sequel to a multiplatform game. Does it hurt the Wii U slightly that the other consoles are getting it months later? A little. Is it gonna kill the Wii U? Nope.

The game has been delayed and will ship across all platforms at the same time. This is significantly damaging to Nintendo and the Wii U.

Ah right, yeah, misread Wikipedia. My bad. It still isn't that damaging.

Exclusive games build incentive to purchase a console. The few people who might have purchased this game and a Wii U, need now only to wait for it to be released on a console they already have since, you know, the games will be released at the same time. Quite damaging to a console that is supposed to pride itself on unique experiences.

Thats a good point actually. Experience. How many versions will actually have the Murry feature, what a good deal of the game was built around? The ps3 and xbox version will be an entirely different experience to the wii u version.

And for that matter, how many people will buy a console for one damn game? I know people who say that single game is the killer app for the console, or the "reason they brought it" but how many people ACTUALLY will pay 300, or whatever the equivalent in different counties is, JUST to play Rayman Legends? Who has that kind of money that they think to themselves "Well, I would LOVE to play Halo 4 but I don't have an Xbox, ah well, time to buy it purely for that one game!" You seem to be insisting that people will purchase this game and a wii u and implying they won't bu the console for any other reason, but the truth is if people want a wii u, they'll get a wii u because they want a wii u, not because of a single game.
#26bronzefrogPosted 2/7/2013 5:23:36 PM
dedekong posted...

I'm using Ubisoft and Snake as relevant examples to support my point.

Except that the circumstances behind Rayman and Snake are quite different, and they are not at all harmful for Nintendo. Your other example of Layton is also in a different position, and can not be used to prove x = y for the sake of algebraic formulas

If you, and anyone else who misunderstands, had comprehended what I saw stating, then you would know I am referring to all of the 3rd parties that have betrayed Nintendo at some point (starting from the N64 era).

That is blanket discrimination. Do not do that.

The irony is that you're the one lumping Snake together with Ubisoft, not me.

Incorrect. I am saying that they are quite different. Do not lump Snake with Ubisoft together. You have already done this by lumping together 3rd parties that have "betrayed" Nintendo and looking at all of them the same way.

You must judge individually. Do not discriminate.
---
Onepunch Man - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - One Piece - Soul Eater - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#27dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 5:28:01 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
If it's about building new relationships then why should they shut the door on somebody that doesn't already have a perfect relationship? There's no accurate method to rule out the possibility of "betrayal" either way.

What perfect relationship? If you're referring to Nintendo's relationship with the Metal Gear series... well, where are the games? where are the exclusives? At least Sonic had some.

UberPyro64 posted...
This is not a good argument for Snake not being like at all. Konami has nothing to do with Ubisoft. Look at my other post for reason why Snake should stay.

This isn't exclusively about Snake or Ubisoft, but if you want an argument against Snake. Look at how the Metal Gear series has given so much to other consoles, yet Snake some how crawled his way into a game about all things Nintendo.
#28bronzefrogPosted 2/7/2013 5:32:34 PM
dedekong posted...

What perfect relationship?

Sakurai of Nintendo has a good friendship with Kojima of Konami

Look at how the Metal Gear series has given so much to other consoles, yet Snake some how crawled his way into a game about all things Nintendo.

Snake has been a link of friendship between Sakurai of Nintendo and Kojima of Konami so I don't see how Snake "crawled" his way when he was welcomed right through the door.

Kojima's friendship is hearty. Do not ignore it .
---
Onepunch Man - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - One Piece - Soul Eater - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#29ViewtifulGenePosted 2/7/2013 5:34:03 PM
dedekong posted...

What perfect relationship? If you're referring to Nintendo's relationship with the Metal Gear series... well, where are the games? where are the exclusives? At least Sonic had some.

I'm not naming any names. I'm asking a question about a contradiction in your own argument. Favoring 3rd parties that Nintendo already gets along with (see: ones that are unlikely to betray Nintendo) goes against the idea of building new relationships. You can't make new friends by exclusively talking to current friends. You said Nintendo wants to make new friends but you also said they should only talk to current friends.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#30UberPyro64Posted 2/7/2013 5:34:28 PM
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

UberPyro64 posted...

This isn't exclusively about Snake or Ubisoft, but if you want an argument against Snake. Look at how the Metal Gear series has given so much to other consoles, yet Snake some how crawled his way into a game about all things Nintendo.

He's still had remakes which is good. And besides if I were to make a game like this and my friend wanted their character as a mainstay regardless of what platforms they were on, I'd put them in and keep them. It's what friends do and I'm sure most people are like this. And Sakurai probably is too. Being loyal to your friends and family is number 1.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png