How many times will Nintendo be BETRAYED before they learn?

#31dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:35:11 PM
bronzefrog posted...
Except that the circumstances behind Rayman and Snake are quite different, and they are not at all harmful for Nintendo. Your other example of Layton is also in a different position, and can not be used to prove x = y for the sake of algebraic formulas

That is blanket discrimination. Do not do that.

Incorrect. I am saying that they are quite different. Do not lump Snake with Ubisoft together. You have already done this by lumping together 3rd parties that have "betrayed" Nintendo and looking at all of them the same way.

You must judge individually. Do not discriminate.

Why are you being ignorant to certain things, in order to build an argument out of nothing?
#32bronzefrogPosted 2/7/2013 6:38:42 PM
dedekong posted...
bronzefrog posted...
Except that the circumstances behind Rayman and Snake are quite different, and they are not at all harmful for Nintendo. Your other example of Layton is also in a different position, and can not be used to prove x = y for the sake of algebraic formulas

That is blanket discrimination. Do not do that.

Incorrect. I am saying that they are quite different. Do not lump Snake with Ubisoft together. You have already done this by lumping together 3rd parties that have "betrayed" Nintendo and looking at all of them the same way.

You must judge individually. Do not discriminate.

Why are you being ignorant to certain things, in order to build an argument out of nothing?

That is a incorrect sentence. There is no such thing as a argument built out of nothing. Ex nihilo nihil fit. Either it is a argument or it is not.

Do not muddy the waters needlessly. Do not discriminate.
---
Onepunch Man - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - One Piece - Soul Eater - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#33dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:43:54 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
I'm not naming any names. I'm asking a question about a contradiction in your own argument. Favoring 3rd parties that Nintendo already gets along with (see: ones that are unlikely to betray Nintendo) goes against the idea of building new relationships. You can't make new friends by exclusively talking to current friends. You said Nintendo wants to make new friends but you also said they should only talk to current friends.

I see where you are misunderstanding. I am saying that you build relationships with the people who are already good off with you i.e: Level 5. Include Layton in Smash; show that Smash is being true to its word when it says it's a clash of Nintendo all-stars... after all, Layton is major star on Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo does need to make new friends, but that doesn't mean they need to go back to the same people who keep betraying. There are plenty of new developers out there that they should be getting in bed with.
#34ViewtifulGenePosted 2/7/2013 6:45:35 PM
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
I'm not naming any names. I'm asking a question about a contradiction in your own argument. Favoring 3rd parties that Nintendo already gets along with (see: ones that are unlikely to betray Nintendo) goes against the idea of building new relationships. You can't make new friends by exclusively talking to current friends. You said Nintendo wants to make new friends but you also said they should only talk to current friends.

I see where you are misunderstanding. I am saying that you build relationships with the people who are already good off with you i.e: Level 5. Include Layton in Smash; show that Smash is being true to its word when it says it's a clash of Nintendo all-stars... after all, Layton is major star on Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo does need to make new friends, but that doesn't mean they need to go back to the same people who keep betraying. There are plenty of new developers out there that they should be getting in bed with.

That doesn't build new relationships. You said Nintendo wanted to build new relationships. Your idea only builds existing relationships.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#35dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:48:43 PM
bronzefrog posted...
That is a incorrect sentence. There is no such thing as a argument built out of nothing. Ex nihilo nihil fit. Either it is a argument or it is not.

Going off on tangents now? Well, if this is what you have to do...

UberPyro64 posted...
He's still had remakes which is good. And besides if I were to make a game like this and my friend wanted their character as a mainstay regardless of what platforms they were on, I'd put them in and keep them. It's what friends do and I'm sure most people are like this. And Sakurai probably is too. Being loyal to your friends and family is number 1.

Are you talking about the 3D remake that came out around the same time as the HD collection which included the same game, but it also came with like 3 other games... for other consoles... for the same price?
#36TheAvianheartPosted 2/7/2013 6:54:00 PM
dedekong posted...
bronzefrog posted...

UberPyro64 posted...
He's still had remakes which is good. And besides if I were to make a game like this and my friend wanted their character as a mainstay regardless of what platforms they were on, I'd put them in and keep them. It's what friends do and I'm sure most people are like this. And Sakurai probably is too. Being loyal to your friends and family is number 1.

Are you talking about the 3D remake that came out around the same time as the HD collection which included the same game, but it also came with like 3 other games... for other consoles... for the same price?

With a new control style, on the more popular of the two hand held systems, with new features not in the other one including a new way to utilise the camo system in a way you can't on the HD version, on a console people might have but others might not have [because like I said before, no one buys a console just for the game, if you have a 3ds but don't have a 360 or ps3, you're not going to buy a ps3 or 360 for this game, you're going to buy the 3ds version] and, as I've said before, offering an entirely different experience.
#37bronzefrogPosted 2/7/2013 6:54:04 PM
dedekong posted...
bronzefrog posted...

Have to do for what? Are you saying that you require more tangents in order for you to give up your unsupported discrimination against Solid Snake?

Why would you do that?
---
Onepunch Man - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - One Piece - Soul Eater - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#38dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 6:54:14 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

That doesn't build new relationships. You said Nintendo wanted to build new relationships. Your idea only builds existing relationships.

Did you you ignore my last two sentences?
#39ViewtifulGenePosted 2/7/2013 7:00:14 PM(edited)
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

If it's a new developer then how do they know the new developer won't betray them? There's not a long enough record to make an informed decision. If it's about developers with a record that makes them unlikely to betray Nintendo, they're limited to developers that already have established good relationships.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#40bronzefrogPosted 2/7/2013 7:03:11 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

If it's a new developer then how do they know the new developer won't betray them? There's not a long enough record to make an informed decision. If it's about developers with a record that makes them unlikely to betray Nintendo, they're limited to developers that already have established good relationships.

Yes, for Nintendo to discover whether or not they made informed decisions, they must test the waters out and be subjected to the fancies of luck.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
---