How many times will Nintendo be BETRAYED before they learn?

#41Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/7/2013 7:04:53 PM
Nintendo is pretty much in the dark in those days to be honest, hopefully they recover, the Rayman news left me bummed and dissapointed.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#42dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:10:22 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
If it's a new developer then how do they know the new developer won't betray them? There's not a long enough record to make an informed decision. If it's about developers with a record that makes them unlikely to betray Nintendo, they're limited to developers that already have established good relationships.

Nintendo's growing relationship with Platinum Games is probably a good example of what I mean.
#43dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:17:44 PM
Kooky_von_Koopa posted...
Nintendo is pretty much in the dark in those days to be honest, hopefully they recover, the Rayman news left me bummed and dissapointed.

Yeah, people are boycotting and throwing a fit. This video is very interesting since it shows the actual Wii U community going insane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciJ5sVe2v6U
#44bronzefrogPosted 2/7/2013 7:18:10 PM
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...
If it's a new developer then how do they know the new developer won't betray them? There's not a long enough record to make an informed decision. If it's about developers with a record that makes them unlikely to betray Nintendo, they're limited to developers that already have established good relationships.

Nintendo's growing relationship with Platinum Games is probably a good example of what I mean.

Since when was Nintendo synonymous with Platinum Games? If Nintendo followed your fallacious strategery, then they would disassociate themselves with Platinum Games due to Platinum Games having more Platinum Games on other consoles than Nintendo consoles.

That is not Nintendo's strategery, thankfully.
---
Onepunch Man - Shingeki no Kyojin - Vinland Saga - One Piece - Soul Eater - Yu Yu Hakusho - Planetes - Break Blade - Beelzebub - The Breaker
#45ViewtifulGenePosted 2/7/2013 7:18:25 PM
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

How does Nintendo know Platinum won't betray them later? They don't.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#46dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:44:46 PM
bronzefrog posted...
Since when was Nintendo synonymous with Platinum Games? If Nintendo followed your fallacious strategery, then they would disassociate themselves with Platinum Games due to Platinum Games having more Platinum Games on other consoles than Nintendo consoles.

Logically, Nintendo would worry more about the exclusive games that are coming to Wii U and no the ones exclusive to the other consoles... logically.

ViewtifulGene posted...

So they should stick with developers that have betrayed them?

Ok. >_>
#47ViewtifulGenePosted 2/7/2013 7:55:47 PM
dedekong posted...
bronzefrog posted...

Logically, Nintendo would worry more about the exclusive games that are coming to Wii U and no the ones exclusive to the other consoles... logically.

ViewtifulGene posted...

So they should stick with developers that have betrayed them?

Ok. >_>

I said nothing about who they should stick with. I said either way a betrayal has not been ruled out, Learn the difference.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#48dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:27:55 PM
ViewtifulGene posted...
I said nothing about who they should stick with. I said either way a betrayal has not been ruled out, Learn the difference.

The point you are trying to make is a far stretch from what I am saying.

i. Level 5 has a franchise on Nintendo consoles which is exclusive, and should be rewarded
a. These type of rewards should include getting a rep in smash to build relationships.

ii. platinum games is a growing new relationship that should continue to be built.
a. build this relationship with more exclusive games, and content.

iii. developers like Konami who have betrayed Nintendo shouldn't be rewarded.
a. Don't attach a character like snake to your brand.
#49ViewtifulGenePosted 2/7/2013 8:35:21 PM(edited)
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

i. Level 5 has a franchise on Nintendo consoles which is exclusive, and should be rewarded
a. These type of rewards should include getting a rep in smash to build relationships.

That doesn't build new relationships. That relationship already existed.

ii. platinum games is a growing new relationship that should continue to be built.

The potential of betrayal has not been ruled out.

Sounds like an opportunity for a new relationship, just like any other company where the potential for betrayal has not been ruled out.

As long as efforts are not directed to a company with an established relationship, there is a risk of betrayal. Your Platinum example undermines the very idea that Nintendo should avoid associating with any companies that could potentially betray them.

Also, Platinum Games is known more on consoles that aren't Nintendo. By your own standards in the OP they should not be rewarded, unless you moved the goalpost.

---
#50UberPyro64Posted 2/7/2013 8:36:53 PM
dedekong posted...
ViewtifulGene posted...

Since when has Konami betrayed them? Since they have never really released MGS games besides remakes, it's not really betraying.

Betraying would be like Square back in the 90's swtiching from SNES to instead of N64 to PlayStation. Though they did have a good reason for it and was probably for the best but that's besides the point.

The point is, Snake got in because Kojima is a friend and Snake is a recognizable GAME hero in general. So people loved it and still do. Hence why he was ahead of Sonic and many others in the Japanese Poll Sakurai tweeted.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png