How many times will Nintendo be BETRAYED before they learn?

#51SpunkySixPosted 2/7/2013 8:41:03 PM
Dedekong, why do you act like building relationships is a primary factor in choosing third parties, exactly? The last time I checked, neither third party in Brawl got in for that reason, and absolutely nothing has officially been said on the subject that points to "betrayal" being a negative when choosing third parties.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#52dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:19:24 PM
SpunkySix posted...
Dedekong, why do you act like building relationships is a primary factor in choosing third parties, exactly? The last time I checked, neither third party in Brawl got in for that reason, and absolutely nothing has officially been said on the subject that points to "betrayal" being a negative when choosing third parties.

It makes more sense to attach characters that are exclusive to your console to a game that is representative of your brand.

I understand that that is not how they were chosen before, though Sonic might have been, but going forward Nintendo should at least make an effort to avoid putting in characters that have almost nothing to do with the Nintendo brand.
#53UberPyro64Posted 2/7/2013 9:23:20 PM
dedekong posted...
SpunkySix posted...

It makes more sense to attach characters that are exclusive to your console to a game that is representative of your brand.

I understand that that is not how they were chosen before, though Sonic might have been, but going forward Nintendo should at least make an effort to avoid putting in characters that have almost nothing to do with the Nintendo brand.

Yes perhaps for any further 3rd party characters. But Snake is already in so if Sakurai thinks third party characters can stay from game to game, then he might as well. Especially cause of how popular he is.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#54LordRattergunPosted 2/7/2013 11:56:51 PM
Rayman Legends is coming to 360? Nice.

Really wanted that game, but getting a Wii U before SSB4? Bahaha, no.
---
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg
#55Traptin3daysPosted 2/8/2013 3:32:20 AM
Nintendo: Ubisoft betrayed us! What should we do?! Oh! Konami!
Konami: 'sup
Nintendo: **** YOU!
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#56LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/8/2013 3:41:52 AM
dedekong posted...

Sonic? Exclusive to one company's consoles?

What drugs are you taking? I'd like to try some.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#57dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:41:38 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
dedekong posted...

Sonic? Exclusive to one company's consoles?

What drugs are you taking? I'd like to try some.

Sonic has a ton of exclusive content on Nintendo consoles, not to mention his cross over exclusives with Mario. To say those aren't further incentives to include him are insane. And I only suggested that it might have been a reason, not that it is. Try not to get ahead of yourself. >_>
#58AlWikowonkavitzPosted 2/8/2013 9:18:44 AM
"Betrayal" is such a loaded word, anyways.
---
AlWikowonkavitz is himself.
#59dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 10:45:21 AM
Traptin3days posted...
Nintendo: Ubisoft betrayed us! What should we do?! Oh! Konami!
Konami: 'sup
Nintendo: **** YOU!

Try reading the OP carefully next time.
#60UberPyro64Posted 2/8/2013 10:48:53 AM
It honestly shouldn't matter how many things they have on a Nintendo console. For third parties specifically, it should be what was contributed to gaming as a whole. The original Metal Gear Solid was a major influence with stealth and storytelling in games and not being owned by Microsoft and Sony should be enough for Snake to be in especially with Sakurai and Kojima being friends as well as Snake already being in Brawl.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png