How many times will Nintendo be BETRAYED before they learn?

#61dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:00:44 PM
UberPyro64 posted...
It honestly shouldn't matter how many things they have on a Nintendo console. For third parties specifically, it should be what was contributed to gaming as a whole. The original Metal Gear Solid was a major influence with stealth and storytelling in games and not being owned by Microsoft and Sony should be enough for Snake to be in especially with Sakurai and Kojima being friends as well as Snake already being in Brawl.

None of the reasons you stated have anything to do with Nintendo.
#62GohansephirothPosted 2/8/2013 12:34:12 PM
dedekong posted...
UberPyro64 posted...
It honestly shouldn't matter how many things they have on a Nintendo console. For third parties specifically, it should be what was contributed to gaming as a whole. The original Metal Gear Solid was a major influence with stealth and storytelling in games and not being owned by Microsoft and Sony should be enough for Snake to be in especially with Sakurai and Kojima being friends as well as Snake already being in Brawl.

None of the reasons you stated have anything to do with Nintendo.

Nowhere is it stated that they have to do with nintendo, that was never one of sakurai's stipulations other than having appeared on a nintendo system which snake has done, and hes also appeared in their biggest crossover series so he has the clout. None of your imaginary loyalty rules apply and sakurai is not going to go with which 3rd party character has kissed the most ass.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#63SpunkySixPosted 2/8/2013 12:37:30 PM
dedekong posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Dedekong, why do you act like building relationships is a primary factor in choosing third parties, exactly? The last time I checked, neither third party in Brawl got in for that reason, and absolutely nothing has officially been said on the subject that points to "betrayal" being a negative when choosing third parties.

It makes more sense to attach characters that are exclusive to your console to a game that is representative of your brand.

I understand that that is not how they were chosen before, though Sonic might have been, but going forward Nintendo should at least make an effort to avoid putting in characters that have almost nothing to do with the Nintendo brand.

...that makes sense to a good extent.

I still don't want or think Snake should leave, but it would make sense to include exclusives. Thing is though, Nintendo sucks at getting exclusives, regardless of what goes in to SSB. They either can't get them, or other companies get the games too later on.

Heck, even Platinum Games wants Bayonetta 2 to go multiplatform now.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#64Volvagia_RulzPosted 2/8/2013 1:32:54 PM
ITT: "You disagree with me, ergo you must not be reading my posts correctly."
---
Now Playing: Fallout 3, League of Legends, The World Ends With You: Solo Remix
#65pbandjamesPosted 2/8/2013 2:05:55 PM
Why do companies betray each other? If you can't trust anyone, then everyone should DIE. Welcome to Nintendo's kingdom!

Where is this game...? Why did I think that...?

Nintendo Games: Wii U Edition

So it's a game of betrayal, then?

You...You promised...

I can't trust anyone now. Never again...

So, what's it going to be? Will you choose to be ally? ...Or to betray?
---
Game news is the best news.
#66Watzup7856Posted 2/8/2013 2:21:08 PM
wither this board is easily trolled or dedekong loves to make attention whoring hypocritical topics about his purist nintendo fanboyism

actually i say its both
---
Ninten, Masked Man, Megaman, Prince Sable,and Sukapon for SSB4!!!!!!!!!!!!
3DS friend code: 3523-2217-5362
#67Phantom_NookPosted 2/8/2013 2:29:49 PM
Wow, dedekong is hilarious.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#68albertojz356Posted 2/8/2013 2:34:21 PM
Maybe they just didn't see the profit of it being exclusive.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#69SpunkySixPosted 2/8/2013 2:38:18 PM
albertojz356 posted...
Maybe they just didn't see the profit of it being exclusive.

Like Capcom and the 3DS.

Basically this is a really good point. Maybe if Nintendo wasn't sucking so hard at launch lately, this wouldn't be such an issue. Can you really blame Ubisoft for this one? What should they do, let Legends sink like a rock for the sake of superficial loyalties?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#70vyseskiesPosted 2/8/2013 2:41:06 PM
dedekong posted...
With Nintendo losing Rayman Legends as a Wii U exclusive, we have another notch on the wall of betrayals Nintendo has had to deal with since the N64 era. It really is no one else's fault aside from Nintendo's.

When you start catering to third parties who are fickle and do nothing for you, you're going to get burned in the end. This is just another reason why Nintendo should not allow Snake or any other non-exclusive third party character in Smash. What type of message does this send out to the developers like Level 5 who have given Nintendo exclusives like Professor Layton?

Nintendo needs to include characters who are synonymous with the Nintendo brand, not characters who are known more on other consoles. Until Nintendo gets their act together expect more developers to keep betraying them.

look at 3DS, they're really betrayed outselling the Vita by 45:1
lmao
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3