How many times will Nintendo be BETRAYED before they learn?

#71Traptin3daysPosted 2/8/2013 3:07:13 PM
dedekong posted...
Traptin3days posted...
Nintendo: Ubisoft betrayed us! What should we do?! Oh! Konami!
Konami: 'sup
Nintendo: **** YOU!

Try reading the OP carefully next time.

The OP is basically:

-Ubisoft betrayed Nintendo
-Ubisoft should not be rewarded
-Konami, who hasn't betrayed nor made an alliance with Nintendo, should also not be rewarded.
-Instead, punish Konami with cutting its character in Smash.

And my summary:
-Because this move will totally make Konami want to give Nintendo exclusives.

it's like a kinda good friend would betray me on the school yard. Later that day, I decide to punish a kid that I'm just familiar with and stop inviting him on my parties.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#72dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:12:14 PM
Traptin3days posted...
dedekong posted...
Traptin3days posted...

The OP is basically:

-Konami, who hasn't betrayed nor made an alliance with Nintendo, should also not be rewarded.

And my summary:

it's like a kinda good friend would betray me on the school yard. Later that day, I decide to punish a kid that I'm just familiar with and stop inviting him on my parties.

Again, you are not comprehending what I am saying in the OP.

This isn't just about Ubisoft and it isn't just about Konami, who have indeed betrayed Nintendo already.
#73dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:15:23 PM
Gohansephiroth posted...
Nowhere is it stated that they have to do with nintendo, that was never one of sakurai's stipulations other than having appeared on a nintendo system which snake has done, and hes also appeared in their biggest crossover series so he has the clout. None of your imaginary loyalty rules apply and sakurai is not going to go with which 3rd party character has kissed the most ass.

Hence the topic.

>_>
#74dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:22:38 PM
SpunkySix posted...
...that makes sense to a good extent.

I still don't want or think Snake should leave, but it would make sense to include exclusives. Thing is though, Nintendo sucks at getting exclusives, regardless of what goes in to SSB. They either can't get them, or other companies get the games too later on.

Heck, even Platinum Games wants Bayonetta 2 to go multiplatform now.

I think they sent out a tweet recently saying they can't go multiplat
#75Traptin3daysPosted 2/8/2013 3:53:29 PM
dedekong posted...
Traptin3days posted...
dedekong posted...
Traptin3days posted...

The OP is basically:

And my summary:

Again, you are not comprehending what I am saying in the OP.

This isn't just about Ubisoft and it isn't just about Konami, who have indeed betrayed Nintendo already.

I don't think you are comprehending what I am saying. I just take Ubisoft and Konami as examples, just like you did. Your point is that a 3rd party company which have supplied Nintendo with exclusives should get rewarded while a company who have "betrayed" Nintendo should not.

Another point you are making is that Nintendo should learn from its mistakes when it comes to 3rd party companies.

Or am I completely off the mark?
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#76GohansephirothPosted 2/8/2013 4:13:17 PM
dedekong posted...
Gohansephiroth posted...
Nowhere is it stated that they have to do with nintendo, that was never one of sakurai's stipulations other than having appeared on a nintendo system which snake has done, and hes also appeared in their biggest crossover series so he has the clout. None of your imaginary loyalty rules apply and sakurai is not going to go with which 3rd party character has kissed the most ass.

Hence the topic.

>_>

Thats what your topic is implying, you are saying nintendo should reward companies that have given nintendo the most, that shouldnt be the case, and its definitely not the case for this game. Your severely limiting what could be brought in, it will in no way benefit them if they close their doors to other companies in this way. But whatever I know your just gonna answer with a short sweet answer that pertains to nothing, and also doesnt follow up anyones arguments in anyway.
---
"We're gonna be fighting the biggest beast of all - the times"~Big Boss
#77dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:57:19 PM
Gohansephiroth posted...
dedekong posted...
Gohansephiroth posted...

Hence the topic.

>_>

Thats what your topic is implying, you are saying nintendo should reward companies that have given nintendo the most, that shouldnt be the case, and its definitely not the case for this game. Your severely limiting what could be brought in, it will in no way benefit them if they close their doors to other companies in this way. But whatever I know your just gonna answer with a short sweet answer that pertains to nothing, and also doesnt follow up anyones arguments in anyway.

Help me understand...

Are you saying Nintendo should reward third parties who aren't giving them exclusive content?

I am not saying Nintendo should cut off relationships with developers who betray them, I am saying they should avoid rewarding them, because it always end up the same way: betrayal.
#78dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:58:30 PM
Traptin3days posted...
I don't think you are comprehending what I am saying. I just take Ubisoft and Konami as examples, just like you did. Your point is that a 3rd party company which have supplied Nintendo with exclusives should get rewarded while a company who have "betrayed" Nintendo should not.

Another point you are making is that Nintendo should learn from its mistakes when it comes to 3rd party companies.

Or am I completely off the mark?

Ok, if you understand why do you keep going off the mark?
#79TheAvianheartPosted 2/8/2013 5:15:43 PM
dedekong posted...
Gohansephiroth posted...
dedekong posted...
Gohansephiroth posted...

Hence the topic.

>_>

Help me understand...

Are you saying Nintendo should reward third parties who aren't giving them exclusive content?

I am not saying Nintendo should cut off relationships with developers who betray them, I am saying they should avoid rewarding them, because it always end up the same way: betrayal.

Except if you went to a meeting with those companies and told them to their face "Hello, thanks for your business previously, however because you're not going to give us this one game exclusively, you don't get to be in our big events anymore. We still want your games, you're just not going to get any special support from us", it doesn't give them incentive to give you more exclusive content, it just gives your company a bad reputation. Also just because I love this gif,

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4uyevImMo1rpn610o1_400.gif
#80dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:38:47 PM
TheAvianheart posted...
Except if you went to a meeting with those companies and told them to their face "Hello, thanks for your business previously, however because you're not going to give us this one game exclusively, you don't get to be in our big events anymore. We still want your games, you're just not going to get any special support from us", it doesn't give them incentive to give you more exclusive content, it just gives your company a bad reputation. Also just because I love this gif,

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4uyevImMo1rpn610o1_400.gif

Special support can be heavy promotion. Bringing Snake back in smash is a bit over doing it.