This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many times will Nintendo be BETRAYED before they learn?

#81Traptin3daysPosted 2/8/2013 5:25:59 PM
dedekong posted...
Traptin3days posted...
I don't think you are comprehending what I am saying. I just take Ubisoft and Konami as examples, just like you did. Your point is that a 3rd party company which have supplied Nintendo with exclusives should get rewarded while a company who have "betrayed" Nintendo should not.

Another point you are making is that Nintendo should learn from its mistakes when it comes to 3rd party companies.

Or am I completely off the mark?

Ok, if you understand why do you keep going off the mark?

I don't think I'm going off the mark. My point is that cutting Snake, especially for this, would just burn the tiny bridges Nintendo has with Konami.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#82dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 5:43:42 PM
Traptin3days posted...
dedekong posted...
Traptin3days posted...
I don't think you are comprehending what I am saying. I just take Ubisoft and Konami as examples, just like you did. Your point is that a 3rd party company which have supplied Nintendo with exclusives should get rewarded while a company who have "betrayed" Nintendo should not.

Another point you are making is that Nintendo should learn from its mistakes when it comes to 3rd party companies.

I don't think I'm going off the mark. My point is that cutting Snake, especially for this, would just burn the tiny bridges Nintendo has with Konami.

That implies that Snake is even obligated to come back in the first place, though. Which, as a guest, he shouldn't be.
#83ViewtifulGenePosted 2/8/2013 6:12:41 PM
Snake isn't obligated to be cut either.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#84IngSlayerPosted 2/9/2013 5:02:15 AM
http://i1.allaboutvision.com/i/eye-charts-358x338.gif

tweedledumbkong should consider taking one of these.
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#85Traptin3daysPosted 2/9/2013 5:13:19 AM(edited)
dedekong posted...
Traptin3days posted...
dedekong posted...
Traptin3days posted...

That implies that Snake is even obligated to come back in the first place, though. Which, as a guest, he shouldn't be.

EDIT: Re-read what you wrote.
We don't know yet how guest characters will be handled in Smash. It's all opinions when it comes to guests.

---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#86HejiruPosted 2/9/2013 7:14:11 AM
Because Nintendo has never betrayed anyone before. By the way, Sony, how's that SNES CD coming?
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#87dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:57:04 AM
Traptin3days posted...

EDIT: Re-read what you wrote.
We don't know yet how guest characters will be handled in Smash. It's all opinions when it comes to guests.

Fair enough.
#88dedekong(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 7:59:02 AM
Hejiru posted...
Because Nintendo has never betrayed anyone before. By the way, Sony, how's that SNES CD coming?

That wasn't betrayal, and even so... That became the playstation aka the best selling console of its generation. What a terrible "betrayal"

>_>
#89TheAvianheartPosted 2/9/2013 8:05:34 AM
dedekong posted...
Hejiru posted...

That wasn't betrayal, and even so... That became the playstation aka the best selling console of its generation. What a terrible "betrayal"

>_>

So when nintendo dicks over a company it's not betrayal, but when something happens to nintendo it's "everybody betray me! I fed up wid dis wold!"

And, to put what you said into perspective, the non wii-u Rayman Legend games may well be so inferior due to content needing to be cut it drives up sales of the Wii U. What a terrible "betrayal".
#90HejiruPosted 2/9/2013 9:19:20 AM
dedekong posted...
Hejiru posted...

>_>

How was that not a betrayal? Nintendo had Sony making that CD add-on for the SNES and then the day after Sony announces it, Nintendo comes out and says they've made a deal with Philips. They publicly humiliated Sony.

But karma is a b*tch: Sony ended up releasing the Playstation on their own, taking a bunch of third parties from Nintendo in the process and becoming a major threat to them. Meanwhile, the Philips deal resulted in those Zelda CD-i games. Good job, Nintendo.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy