POLL: No roster cuts this time. Which of my rosters do you like better?

#21liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:41:38 AM
SmashBro25 posted...
liveman789 posted...
SmashBro25 posted...
As with all your rosters, I think you are significantly underestimating the number of newcomers- Brawl had 17 not counting Toon Link. I think 3-4 more (so 13-14 total) would be in the realm of plausibility, and for those three/four I would like to see considered Ridley, Mega-Man, one more new series character and/or one more retro character. If you go off Roster 1, which I picked, these could be Isaac and/or Balloon Fighter.

It has already been stated by Sakurai that he will be focusing less on adding characters, as he believes we have already reached the limit with Brawl. I, to an extent, agree.

We'll be lucky if we get as much as ten newcomers.

I still think a little more than 10 is fair. Going from 17 to 10 is a pretty big jump. Even if we get less newcomers than in Melee (14 newcomers), that would still be 12-13... 10 just feels skimpy.

I wouldn't say 10 is skimpy. That's almost the size of 64's roster. It may seem small, but if you think about it, that actually quite a lot. Especially given that the amount of the remaining deserving characters left is rather small.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi49.tinypic.com/29l22bm.jpg
#22Traptin3daysPosted 2/8/2013 3:05:20 AM
No Ridley, Megaman or Mewtwo. (I can understand the lack of Roy, even though I support him)

I voted on roster 1. It had, in my opinion, better characters. But I feel it's quite weird when you talk about all-stars, yet you included Toon Zelda and not Ridley.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#23liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:07:31 AM
Traptin3days posted...
No Ridley, Megaman or Mewtwo. (I can understand the lack of Roy, even though I support him)

I voted on roster 1. It had, in my opinion, better characters. But I feel it's quite weird when you talk about all-stars, yet you included Toon Zelda and not Ridley.

Ridley
Mega Man
Mewtwo
Roy

As much as I'd like to see any of those characters in, I think they're some of the more overrated characters (as far as their chances go) that are suggested for Smash Bros 4.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi49.tinypic.com/29l22bm.jpg
#24LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/8/2013 3:13:17 AM
I'm going with roster 2 because Ghirahim really shouldn't be included as a newcomer, imo. If Midna and Zant couldn't make it into Brawl (they could have been late additions like Wolf), then I don't see why Ghirahim should receive special treatment.

I feel that this is somewhat biased in roster 1's favor, by the way. While Ghirahim and Bowser Jr. aren't universally popular here, King K. Rool and Palutena are some of the most highly requested characters here, with Shulk getting a good amount of requests.

Roster 2 is kind of... Underwhelming. People don't generally recommend Isaac anymore, any 5th Mario rep is going to be controversial, and very few people seem to care about the other choices (along with Toon Zelda getting a ton of hate for being a second version of another character).
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#25LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/8/2013 3:18:04 AM
Dustof_DryBones posted...
Is there any reason why we absolutely must have a fifth Mario rep?

Is there any reason why we absolutely must have any specific newcomer at this point? They've already pretty much covered all of the huge Nintendo series in Brawl (with the exception of AC).

Mario is the face of gaming, so I don't see why a fifth rep is so out of the question (especially when we had 5 characters classified specifically Mario reps in Melee). I'd certainly like to see Toad or Bowser Jr. get in over a one shot like Ghirahim.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#26Traptin3daysPosted 2/8/2013 3:34:41 AM
liveman789 posted...
Traptin3days posted...

Ridley
Mega Man
Mewtwo
Roy

As much as I'd like to see any of those characters in, I think they're some of the more overrated characters (as far as their chances go) that are suggested for Smash Bros 4.

But if we are going by "We must have the remaining all-stars" thinking, it's extremely strange to have Ghirahim or Toon Zelda in, but not Ridley.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#27alpha-apePosted 2/8/2013 5:01:21 AM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Roster one. I hate Ghirahim with a burning passion, but the rest are good.

You said what I wanted to say.
---
Who's the strongest Donkey Kong? Brown? Green? Blue? Red? White? Black? They're gonna fight it out.
#28fawful_XPosted 2/8/2013 6:55:32 AM
-Both include Mario characters I despise
-No Roster Cuts, as seen in the Topic Title

I hate both equally.
---
On of the most neutral(est?) of the Generic Neutral Accosiation of complete unofficiality and anonymity.
Rather terrible memory over here.