C/D: Sukapon should be a playable character.

#1Rupin_SalesmanPosted 2/7/2013 9:59:00 PM
I'd say C.

Joy Mech Fight is an underrated game.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#2HejiruPosted 2/7/2013 10:04:52 PM
Sakurai was actually planning him in Melee, but they had difficulties. Probably because of the floating limbs. (If so, bad news for Rayman.)
Anyway, he said we probably shouldn't expect to see Sukapon in the future.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#3Rupin_Salesman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 12:06:35 PM
Hejiru posted...
Sakurai was actually planning him in Melee, but they had difficulties. Probably because of the floating limbs. (If so, bad news for Rayman.)

Aww, that sucks, especially since Joy Mech Fight was Nintendo's first ever take on the fighting genre.
---
"I love going on message boards and complaining about games I've never played!"
- Francis, Super Paper Mario
#4ViewtifulGenePosted 2/8/2013 1:19:08 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Hejiru posted...

Aww, that sucks, especially since Joy Mech Fight was Nintendo's first ever take on the fighting genre.

Joy Mech Fight was released in 93. Urban Champion was released in 83.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#5SpunkySixPosted 2/8/2013 1:25:14 PM
C, he'd be cool.

And how are floating limbs difficult, exactly? Punching has never been a problem for characters with arms, so just remove those and bam. I'm not really seeing the trouble?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#6koopabros64Posted 2/8/2013 1:26:48 PM

This is false.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#7koopabros64Posted 2/8/2013 1:27:52 PM
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Hejiru posted...

Calling Urban Champion a fighting game is kinda a stretch though.
---
#8ViewtifulGenePosted 2/8/2013 1:38:39 PM(edited)
koopabros64 posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Hejiru posted...

If it's "kinda a stretch" to call Urban Champion a fighting game then it still has some elements of a fighting game. Therefore it's "kinda a stretch" to call Joy Mech Fight Nintendo's first fighting game.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
#9koopabros64Posted 2/8/2013 1:44:16 PM
koopabros64 posted...
Rupin_Salesman posted...
Hejiru posted...

If it's "kinda a stretch" to call Urban Champion a fighting game then it still has some elements of a fighting game. Therefore it's "kinda a stretch" to call Joy Mech Fight Nintendo's first fighting game.

Hm maybe I'm missing something, but didn't urban champion just involve pushing people into manholes? You only had one or two attacks too. I can see how someone could justify it as a fighting game, but it's still a stretch.
---
#10ViewtifulGenePosted 2/8/2013 1:55:52 PM(edited)
koopabros64 posted...

Hm maybe I'm missing something, but didn't urban champion just involve pushing people into manholes? You only had one or two attacks too. I can see how someone could justify it as a fighting game, but it's still a stretch.

Isn't that all you do in any fighting game? Punch and kick people until they are KO'd?

Unless you're telling me there's an arbitrary minimum moveset length before it counts as a fighting game.
---