This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which Smash 64 franchise should get more attention?

#1Luigifan141Posted 2/8/2013 12:10:23 PM
Which franchise needs more love? - Results (100 votes)
Super Mario
3% (3 votes)
The Legend of Zelda
2% (2 votes)
Donkey Kong
7% (7 votes)
Pokémon
6% (6 votes)
Metroid
36% (36 votes)
Kirby
0% (0 votes)
Star Fox
3% (3 votes)
Yoshi
8% (8 votes)
EarthBound
12% (12 votes)
F-Zero
23% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Not necessarily which franchise deserves more characters (although that's certainly a factor), but which franchise deserves the most content and attention of them all. Things like Pokémon getting a new stage that isn't a Pokémon Stadium, Metroid getting Ridley as a playable character, or a new item like Rambi from Donkey Kong Country or a Cape Feather from Super Mario World.

I think EarthBound and F-Zero should both get focused on more. After both franchises getting an arguably disappointing treatment in Brawl (even though we did get Lucas), I think we should get things like a better Mute City-inspired stage (Port Town Areo Dive wasn't fun IMO) and a Saturn Valley themed stage would also be fun. EarhBound also needs much more songs than what Brawl had to offer, as after playing through EarthBound for the first time fairly recently, I realized how great of a soundtrack the game has. Winters, Twoson, Fighting a Mechanical Enemy, Saturn Valley, and the Eight Melodies plus more are all great music tracks that should have their music represented in some way in the next Super Smash Bros. game.

Also, even though Pokémon already has way too much representation, I feel like there should be more done with the franchise anyway come Generation VI. If Pokémon X and Y versions have a huge city (like Castalia or Goldenrod), then that should be the new Pokémon stage, complete with Pokémon coming out one of the buildings. I guess you could say it would be a spiritual successor to Saffron City.
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#2Kooky_von_KoopaPosted 2/8/2013 12:14:19 PM
Metroid. It is underated as hell.
---
I am not changing this signature until Mewtwo/Dr. Mario is confirmed for Smash 4.
Jesus is the best ever! (B)uilt (O)n (S)elf (S)uccess.
#3ViewtifulGenePosted 2/8/2013 12:15:33 PM
If Star Fox has 3 characters and Mother has 2, I don't see why F-Zero can only have one.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#4koopabros64Posted 2/8/2013 12:30:22 PM
Every one of these series has more than one playable character, besides Yoshi and F Zero. So I'd want it to be one of them, though preferably Yoshi. Also, yes ZSS counts as a 2nd metroid rep.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#5Luigifan141(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:58:04 PM
koopabros64 posted...
Every one of these series has more than one playable character, besides Yoshi and F Zero. So I'd want it to be one of them, though preferably Yoshi. Also, yes ZSS counts as a 2nd metroid rep.

It's not just about the characters, though. It's also about stages, items, music, etc. Overall, it's just a question on which franchise needs more attention, care, and content. To me, I think we have enough with Mario and Zelda, but EarthBound and F-Zero could definitely use some more attention.
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#6MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/8/2013 2:00:46 PM
Yoshi is just a glorified Mario spin off.

Earthbound and F-ZERO are dead. I would like for F-ZERO to get a new character, but sadly, Captain Meme is the only thing we'll ever have.

Donkey Kong needs K. Rool, and Metroid needs Ridley.
#7MM125Posted 2/8/2013 2:02:39 PM
I've said it before, Metroid deserves more than just Samus's two forms, but I still don't think Ridley would be good as a playable character.
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#8GenoPosted 2/8/2013 2:24:30 PM
Personally, Mother, F-Zero, Yoshi and Donkey Kong needs more love.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#9PaulMalucciMDPosted 2/8/2013 2:35:00 PM
Related question: Anyone know the name of the song that plays in Winters?
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#10GenoPosted 2/8/2013 2:44:43 PM
PaulMalucciMD posted...
Related question: Anyone know the name of the song that plays in Winters?

If I'm not mistaken, the name of the track is 'Winters White'.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853