This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What stages would you like in the next Smash Bros.?

#1GameKing59Posted 2/8/2013 3:16:20 PM
Anybody out there have any ideas for stages they'd like to see in the next Super Smash Bros.? I know I do. Some of them I've held on to since before Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so I guess with another Smash Bros. game coming in the next few years, what better time to start speculating about desired stages for it. Anyway, here are the ideas that I have.

1.Donkey Kong Arcade Game Stage 1.
Description:The stage will be, of course, the first stage of the Donkey Kong Arcade game. It will of course look like this. -> http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100524205613/ssb/images/b/b1/Donkey_Kong_Game.jpg The stage hazards are barrels thrown by Donkey Kong that roll down the stage, and the fireballs that come out of the oil drum at the bottom of the stage.

2.Reznor's Haunt (Super Mario World/New Super Mario Bros. 2).
Description:The stage is a wooden bridge over a lake of lava. Suspended in the middle of the stage is a large slowly-spinning wooden wheel with four platforms on it. The stage hazard is that every once in a while, the wooden bridge will slowly collapse, meaning all fighting has to be restricted to the wheel. Of course, after a set period of time, the wooden bridge regenerates.

3.Quilty Square (Kirby's Epic Yarn).
Description:The stage is, of course, Quilty Square from Kirby's Epic Yarn. I think the stage should have that visual gimmick from Flat Zone 2 and Hanenbow from Super Smash Bros. Brawl where the character is flat. The design is kind of incomplete right now, but the basic idea is either one third of, or perhaps all of, what's shown here. -> http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110317101441/kirby/en/images/6/6a/Quilty_Square.jpg Right now, I can't seem to decide. On the one hand, a larger stage would allow all three to fit on, but on the other, I think smaller stages suit Kirby better.

That's what I have for now. I'm also thinkingIf anyone out there has any ideas for Super Smash Bros. stages they'd like to see in the next game, be sure to post a comment describing them.
#2ElectricNovaPosted 2/8/2013 3:22:18 PM
1. Bowser's castle (based on various games in the series, this is long overdue)
2. Rainbow road
3.Eryth sea: Xenoblade (Better than gaur plains IMO)
4.Lava reef (Sonic 3&Knuckles bro)
---
Official Rayquaza of the Pokemon X and Y boards
I like a lot of things. Like Pokemon. And Sonic. And Kirby. And Smash bros. And Coca cola.
#3JangobadassPosted 2/8/2013 3:24:05 PM
The Sealed Grounds, with those wind holes, the Imprisoned and the Groosinator as neat stage hazards

The Virback City Gym, with Homika/Roxie rocking it in the background and her Pokemon occasionally attacking

A Mario Galaxy stage with zero gravity and blasting off

Even though it's way too late, an actual stage from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door with its audience and falling items.
---
http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d5tcexk
Happy Anniversary!
#4TheAvianheartPosted 2/8/2013 3:32:03 PM
1) Opelucid City (Pokemon Black2/White2) - Two layouts, one for black 2 and one for white 2, switching between the two via Kyurem's flash freezing the area
2) Skyloft (LoZ: Skyward Sword) - the stage switching from day and night, at day you have the birds fly across, beedle's shop, that kinda stuff, while at night you have keese and whatever the cat things were called
3) [should we get a megaman rep] Yellow Devil Arena - Small box area, a short while into the fight Yellow Devil comes in, players have to dodge him while fighting.
4) Nintendo Land - pretty simple, maybe a Wariorware style stage where every now and then you have to do something to do with what area you're in, such as ride on the Donkey Kong course kart while you fight.
5) Pokefloats. I just want Pokefloats back.
#5GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:36:00 PM
Jangobadass posted...
The Sealed Grounds, with those wind holes, the Imprisoned and the Groosinator as neat stage hazards

Which game is this from?
#6TheAvianheartPosted 2/8/2013 3:37:57 PM
GameKing59 posted...
Jangobadass posted...

Which game is this from?

Skyward Sword
#7GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:15:15 PM
Ah, okay. BTW, I remembered another idea for a stage I had.

Runaway Five Performance (Earthbound).
Description:The stage is essentially that, a stage with the Runaway Five performing in the background. Songs that the Runaway Five play in Mother 2 can be heard playing during the fight. Sometimes when the stage is selected though, you might instead hear Venus' song playing. For hazards, I think members of The Runaway Five will occasionally jump into the area where the players fight and play their instrument more vigorously, essentially turning them into Barbara. Also, sometimes Lucky and Gorgeous will jump into the area where the fighters perform and perform a complex dance move that causes damage to players who are close enough to touch them.

There is one thing I am wondering about this stage. Should this stage take place in the Chaos Theatre, the Topolla Theatre, or switch between them at random whenever the stage is selected?
#8TheAvianheartPosted 2/8/2013 4:18:01 PM
GameKing59 posted...

Description:The stage is essentially that, a stage with the Runaway Five performing in the background. Songs that the Runaway Five play in Mother 2 can be heard playing during the fight. Sometimes when the stage is selected though, you might instead hear Venus' song playing. For hazards, I think members of The Runaway Five will occasionally jump into the area where the players fight and play their instrument more vigorously, essentially turning them into Barbara. Also, sometimes Lucky and Gorgeous will jump into the area where the fighters perform and perform a complex dance move that causes damage to players who are close enough to touch them.

There is one thing I am wondering about this stage. Should this stage take place in the Chaos Theatre, the Topolla Theatre, or switch between them at random whenever the stage is selected?

Aren't The Runaway Five one of the reasons we're having trouble seeing Earthbound on the virtual console? Not saying that it's a bad idea, Mother is a great series and any exposure to it is good exposure, but it doesn't seem like the sort of thing Nintendo would be able to focus on for a stage.
#9GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 4:23:13 PM
Oh! Never mind then. Guess I should find some other idea for a stage.
#10Charizard18Posted 2/8/2013 4:53:51 PM
GameKing59 posted...

It'd be cool if it switched at random whenever you choose the stage.

Also, for your Epic Yarn stage idea, I think it would be a nice touch if whenever you go to that stage it'll change the fighters' appearances to be yarn-ified. It might be more work than its worth but itd still be cool, although some people would rather Kirby just have a yarn alt costume (and I think Yoshi now too since he's getting a yarn game)

As for my ideas:
1. Fourside. I want Fourside back .___.
2. Magicant (Mother 1)- it would just be a stage taking place in Magicant from Mother 1. Mother 1 is the only game in the series without a stage rep so I thought it would be good to give it some sort of representation.

3. Mario Party game board (MP series)- this stage is a bit odd to explain, but it takes place on a game board from the the MP series. I don't know which one since there's many but anyways, the fight starts off on the starting space on the board. A dice block will pop up after a little and anyone can hit it, and just like in MP whatever number the block lands on determines how far ahead the stage will move forward. I guess it's a bit more based on MP9 because of how only one person hits the block and it moves everyone forward.

Anyways, as you move forward around the stage, you'll move past shops and other action spaces from the series. If you land on a bank space, the little hut will pop open and the koopa shopkeeper will throw a coin hazard at the fighters. If you pass by a shop space, the hut will pop open in the back and the shopkeeper will throw out an item from the series at random (a growth mushroom or a poison mushroom etc etc), and whoever gets it gets the effect of the item. Landing on an action space will initiate some kind of gimmick in the background (the only feasible one I could think of is from the underwater board from MP3 where landing on an action space will have a fish suck you up and you need to mash buttons to escape being sucked up. That could work by having all fighters on screen mash a button to avoid being sucked up and spit back out for damage. )

After every turn, another dice block will come up for someone to hit and roll again to keep moving forward. Also, before that happens a "minigame" will occur. I'm not too sure how that would work but I guess the screen would change to any given minigame from the series xD Along the way across the board you'll encounter many other features from the series, and if you pass by a star space players can fight for an invincibility power up before being sent back to start.

This probably sounds too time intensive but I'm sure things could be tweaked so it's not too bad. Things would have to scroll by fast otherwise you wouldn't see all of it in a normal match.

4. N's Castle (Pokemon)- this was one of the more memorable places for me in B/W. Would like to see it.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640