Another character roster

#1Vegeta1000Posted 2/8/2013 11:32:23 PM
This is probably my 7th attempt at a character roster since the game's been announced. I've changed some of my opinions regarding what characters are getting in and characters that will be getting removed. I'm added 4 DLC characters because I strongly believe this game will feature a lot of DLC. "*" means unlockable.

Super Mario
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Toad
Bowser
Waluigi (DLC)

Yoshi
Yoshi

Wario
Wario

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong*

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff*
Gen 6 Newcomer
Mewtwo (DLC)

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Toon Link*
Zelda/Sheik
Toon Zelda/Tetra*
Ganondorf*

Kirby
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede*

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley*

Fire Emblem
Marth*
Chrome
Micaiah*
Roy (DLC)

Star Fox
Fox
Falco*

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena

Retro
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch*
R.O.B.
Takamaru
Lip*

Other
Captain Falcon*
Ness*
Olimar*
Shulk
Isaac*
Little Mac
Saki (DLC)

3rd Party
Snake
Sonic*
Pac-Man
Megaman*
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#2CharizardFirePosted 2/8/2013 11:42:10 PM
Super Mario
Toad

Fire Emblem
no Ike

Retro
Lip*

Other
no Lucas

My problems with this roster.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3liveman789Posted 2/8/2013 11:45:01 PM
I've seen this method before, so I'll start from 10/10 and deduct for anything I see I don't think is right. I'm disregarding if a character is DLC, because I don't think that makes any difference.

- .5 for too many characters
- .5 for Ridley, who I think should stay as a boss
- .5 for Mewtwo and Roy, who have unpredictable (but most likely low) chances
- .5 for cutting Ike while bringing back a clone FE character
- .5 for Waluigi

So I guess a 7.5/10 is my rating, which is pretty good compared to some of the rosters I see here daily.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi49.tinypic.com/29l22bm.jpg
#4Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:53:50 AM
Guys, I'm trying to make this roster realistic. We're getting characters cut and I choose the ones that were the most likely to get cut. The reason I kept Mewtwo and Roy around for DLC is because of their extreme popularity with the SSB fanbase (I don't believe either will make the initial roster). I tried my best to include some diversity. Anyone that's been following my posts since this board was made shouldn't be surprised with this roster. I'm probably going to change the DLC line-up.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#5UberPyro64Posted 2/9/2013 1:15:13 AM(edited)
Vegeta1000 posted...
This is probably my 7th attempt at a character roster since the game's been announced. I've changed some of my opinions regarding what characters are getting in and characters that will be getting removed. I'm added 4 DLC characters because I strongly believe this game will feature a lot of DLC. "*" means unlockable.

Donkey Kong
Dixie Kong*

The Legend of Zelda
Toon Zelda/Tetra*

Fire Emblem
Micaiah*

Star Fox
No Wolf

Mother
No Lucas

These things I wouldn't call realistic.

King K. Rool is more popular and likely than Dixie. And I believe somewhere it was said that it was originally planned that she would be a tag team with Diddy. Which is obviously not happening now.

Micaiah is not likely at all. Marth, Ike, Roy and Chrom are the only likely FE additions. Sorry none are unique, but that's the way it is.

Wolf should definitely return. He and Falco are about equal in importance so they really should both stay. Im sure their movesets will chance enough so that they are all only semi clones. and They already kind of are in certain aspects.

And finally Lucas should definitely come back. He represents the most recent mother game much like Ness represents the first two (Yes I know Ninten is the hero of the first but they look identical). Might as well keep both as they do have quite a few differences to them.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3938/potentialsmashreps3rost.png
#6Traptin3daysPosted 2/9/2013 3:11:18 AM(edited)
Vegeta1000 posted...
Guys, I'm trying to make this roster realistic. We're getting characters cut and I choose the ones that were the most likely to get cut. The reason I kept Mewtwo and Roy around for DLC is because of their extreme popularity with the SSB fanbase (I don't believe either will make the initial roster). I tried my best to include some diversity. Anyone that's been following my posts since this board was made shouldn't be surprised with this roster. I'm probably going to change the DLC line-up.

Cutting Ike for Micaiah is not realistic. Realistic FE representation would be: A: Marth, Chrom, Ike. B: Marth, Chrom. C. Marth, Chrom, Roy. D: Marth, Ike, Roy" in that order.

No King K.Rool is also weird, when you have dlc characters. Two Mario newcomers.. I wouldn't call that realistic either. I'm happy that you have Shulk and Megaman on your roster though, but I dunno if they are that realistic. To be honest, there's very few realistic choices right now. The only thing I can come up with is the four FE options.

tl;dr: It's not realistic and can't be realistic right now. You're too early.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#7HejiruPosted 2/9/2013 8:19:40 AM
Looks good to me. The only thing that I'd change is put Lucas put in and add an Animal Crossing character. And I don't think Fire Emblem needs four characters. But I really like this roster.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#8NskiPosted 2/9/2013 8:44:08 AM
5/10

Your roster is like what Sakurai wished Brawl to be.

Also four FE characters and you cut Ike? Bleh

You made some dubious choices for some of the series like Zelda and basically added nothing interesting to the others or cut completely.

Not a fan, man. Not a fan.
---
All generalizations are false, including this one.
#9albertojz356Posted 2/9/2013 8:57:12 AM
I like the roster :).
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#10LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/9/2013 9:46:03 AM
Vegeta1000 posted...
Guys, I'm trying to make this roster realistic.

Cutting Ike for Micaiah will never be realistic.

We're getting characters cut

I see no proof of this.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one