This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Another character roster

#21LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/9/2013 10:08:48 AM(edited)
Hejiru posted...
Sakurai didn't make Tekken, and Namco doesn't have final say in the roster size. Tekken's roster is irrelevant.

Namco is helping Sakurai and Namco is the company that made Tekken, so no, its roster size is not irrelevant.

Namco's involvement means that Sakurai will probably have more assistance with this game than any of the previous games and the company that's helping him has two notable fighting game series under their belt. That's hardly irrelevant.

Thinking there won't be any cuts is very unrealistic; he's already said that he doesn't want a huge roster (and he classified 50 as "huge") and he also mentioned new characters. So either he's only talking about one or two newcomers, or there's going to have to be some cuts.

And the reason why Sakurai isn't substantially increasing the roster size in this game is because of balancing issues. If he's more concerned about balancing, then I doubt he's going to be in favor of cutting a bunch of pre-existing characters to make room for new ones.

Also, I'm pretty sure he announced this before Namco was involved.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#22albertojz356Posted 2/9/2013 10:12:31 AM
VirusLord posted...

See, this implies that the roster will be predictable (and boring), when we've seen some quite surprising choices before. Nobody expected Pokemon Trainer, Mr. Game and Watch, or Snake, and I doubt many saw Zero Suit Samus coming either. On the other hand, we've never gotten Ridley, who many people have had high hopes for for some time, and no one suspected that Mewtwo would get cut. I don't think it's necessarily fair to so easily consider any option to be impossible.

That's a really good argument actually, good job.
---
Pauline, Palutena, Medusa, Cptn. Syrup, Mike Jones, Andy, Lip, Eirika, Bayonetta, Mr. Peepers, Micaiah, Birdo, Anna, Lyn, & Shantae for SSB4!
#23Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:58:59 PM
Cutting Ike for Micaiah will never be realistic.

This is what I meant by diversity. 4 sword users is a bit overkill if you ask me. It's not like she isn't deserving. She was the star of the last console FE game.

I see no proof of this.

Sakurai's past statements about not wanting the roster size to increase much from Brawl and limited development time.

There is no Flint on this roster, so it's realistic. But otherwise, no Lucas is a huge mistake on this list.

Mother was relevant when SSBB was in development, but the series is done. It doesn't help that it's one of Nintendo's least significant franchises with only 1 game being released outside Japan (and still hasn't gotten a PAL release yet). Don't be surprised if we see Ness or Lucas gone (most likely will be the latter).
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!
#24Traptin3daysPosted 2/9/2013 1:11:30 PM(edited)
VirusLord posted...
I fully support this roster. I approve of it completely.

Traptin3days posted...
Cutting Ike for Micaiah is not realistic. Realistic FE representation would be: A: Marth, Chrom, Ike. B: Marth, Chrom. C. Marth, Chrom, Roy. D: Marth, Ike, Roy" in that order

See, this implies that the roster will be predictable (and boring), when we've seen some quite surprising choices before. Nobody expected Pokemon Trainer, Mr. Game and Watch, or Snake, and I doubt many saw Zero Suit Samus coming either. On the other hand, we've never gotten Ridley, who many people have had high hopes for for some time, and no one suspected that Mewtwo would get cut. I don't think it's necessarily fair to so easily consider any option to be impossible.

I do agree with your points. But this is about what's realistic. Realistic choices can be viewed as boring and bland, because they're predictable. A surprise character is almost impossible to predict, hence the surprise. Thus a surprise character can never be in a fan predicted roster which claims to be realistic.
---
Now let's sacrifice some chickens! :D
#25PaulMalucciMDPosted 2/9/2013 2:21:06 PM
Too many characters, also needs K. Rool.
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#26Vegeta1000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 10:45:09 AM
My roster has less than 50 (excluding DLC), so it isn't that much.

There's a reason why I excluded K. Rool. I think Dixie is more likely. Not only a scrapped Brawl character, but she's easier to make since her model is very similar to Diddy's. Jigglypuff got in SSB64 because her model was similar to Kirby's. I like K. Rool, but something tells me he's not getting in.
---
IT'S ME AUSTIN!!!!!