Besides tripping do you want any other feature to be cut from brawl?

#1iKhanicPosted 2/9/2013 7:05:08 PM
By feature, I don't mean characters or stages.

I can't really think of anything. Maybe the smash balls could go away.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#2F2l2o2r2i2sPosted 2/9/2013 7:11:40 PM
Maybe the Final Smashes could be balanced but still look awesome.

Just give me Mewtwo with an awesome Final Smash and I'm the happiest guy alive :3
---
"Hey baby how would you like to rock polish my harden then swallow my stringshot." -Mikey_R
#3LordAlistairPosted 2/9/2013 7:49:50 PM
Final Smashes can stay but they need to come up with a better method of triggering them than waiting for an item to appear and then being lucky enough to get the last hit on it. Also, Pity Smashes should be removed or at least turn-offable.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#4goshner3Posted 2/9/2013 8:02:04 PM
While I will say that some Final Smashes are too strong (the tank being able to life people up is the biggest offender of this), I think that the complaints that they are, on the whole, unbalanced is a little ridiculous.

Yes, some are weaker than others. That's because they are a part of the character as a whole. They aren't supposed to be equally strong. Characters that are weaker have a better Final Smash. Dedede is a great example of this. He's already an outrageously hard hitter. He doesn't need that great of a Final Smash.

That being said, some of them do need fixing. Peach does need a better Final Smash. She's not that strong and her Smash is worse than awful. It was a good idea, just implemented horribly. The same goes for the Ice Climbers. When I first saw theirs, I had thought it was going to be incredible (a balance for the fact that they aren't that great). I feel like it was supposed to be good, they just did a terrible job of it.

So, characters who are strong need weaker Smashes (STAR FOX CHARACTERS) and characters who are weak need better Smashes.

The only other thing I would consider getting rid of is Legendary Pokemon in Pokeballs. There are so many that it takes up a majority of the Pokemon Roster. However, they are incredibly unlikely. As a result, you just end up getting the few useless Pokemon over and over again. If you get rid of the Legendaries, it frees up more space for more Pokemon who will appear with equal likelihood.
---
Not a Prince of Anything
#5CharizardFirePosted 2/9/2013 10:12:00 PM
The only other thing I would consider getting rid of is Legendary Pokémon in Poké Balls. There are so many that it takes up a majority of the Pokemon Roster. However, they are incredibly unlikely. As a result, you just end up getting the few useless Pokémon over and over again. If you get rid of the Legendaries, it frees up more space for more Pokemon who will appear with equal likelihood.

How about just re-scaling likelihood so that the mid-power choices are the most likely scenarios? It shouldn't be too hard.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#6John123987Posted 2/10/2013 2:17:30 AM(edited)
Some people may not have noticed that some weak moves(and some strong, laggy moves) are very unsafe on hit in Brawl, unlike Melee and 64, in some cases, allowing the opponent to hit you back immediately before you can finish up your attack animation. The reason for this is that, in the coding, characters are allowed to cancel hitstun from attacks(that would normally cause tumble afterwards) into airdodges and attacks after ~15 and ~30 frames(I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's the same amount every time) of being in that state.

Had this one bit of code not been there, you'd actually be experiencing the same amount of hitstun that Melee had from being hit, as hackers have cracked down on this game to determine that the hitstun values in Brawl are the SAME as those in Melee. This can also be experienced in vBrawl gameplay, as jumps and specials are not affected by the hitstun cancel in the coding. You may have noticed that, in gameplay, after taking a big hit, it takes an absurdly long time to mash out a jump or special. That is the amount of hitstun present in the game, with the exception that you can pop out of it with airdodges/attacks after a specified amount of frames.

I'd like to see that out, if possible.
#7Doug314Posted 2/10/2013 4:02:16 AM
Having more than 1 BTTs in classic mode, the AIs ganging up on you, infinite air dodges, and the blocky/campy gameplay.
---
Palutena, Isaac, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Anna for SSB Wii U and SSB 3DS!
SSB is the best series ever made!
#8fuzi11Posted 2/10/2013 4:31:49 AM
Doug314 posted...
Having more than 1 BTTs in classic mode, the AIs ganging up on you, infinite air dodges, and the blocky/campy gameplay.

what's so bad about infinite air dodges? In melee it would have been a problem, because it changes momentum, but you are still not invulnarable with these air dodges. You just need good timing to hit someone between the dodges. The same with 'ground dodges'.
#9UnderUrMattressPosted 2/10/2013 4:44:43 AM
i want individualized target tests again ples
---
~masterofmarth~