The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

ITT: Character support that we don't get

#1chocolatecerealPosted 2/9/2013 9:28:55 PM
Here I will make a list of character support that confuses me, feel free to add to this list yourself or critiscize my opinion:

-Animal Crosser (Animal Crossing) - How would fighting as him/her be possible, as suggested by their general motives/moveset possibilities?
-Laughing Dog (Duck Hunt) - See Above
-Queen Bee (Mario Galaxy) - See Above
-Toad (mario series) - Possibe phehormonal hatred towars him/see above
-Dixie Kong (DK Country II) - As a stand-alone characte, there would be no point in having her, as we already have Diddy. Now, pairing her with Diddy, I could understand.
-Bringing Back Mewtwo - No need, as we'll probably see another replacement for Mewtwo/Lucario by the time this game arrives, which I project to happen after Pokemon X&Y, opening the door to any other pokemon from Generations V and VI.
-Daisy (Mario series) - Generally not too different from Peach besides the sports game spinoffs, and another clone of Peach is not necessary, as she is unique, and getting rid of her would be odd, considering how representative she is of her series. Reskin is possible, however.
-Ninten (Mother/Earthbound Zero) - no need from a representative standpoint, and not much diversity from Ness/Lucas.
-Virtually any Anime/Cartoon character- Never could happen, due to the difficulty of intermingling characters. They wouldn't fit the idea of the series (Video Game all-stars duke it out) and, most of them have a fighting game anyway. *looks at Naruto/DBZ supporters*
-Sora/Riku/Roxas (Kingdom Hearts Series) - As much as I'd love to see it happen from Square Enix, apparently Diseny owns partial rights to them. Meh... X(
-Any Sonic character [Besides Sonic] - We already have Sonic himself, representing his entire series. If Sega does send more chars, they'll be from some other series, I think.
-Geno (Super Mario RPG) - He's one character in one not-uber-successful Mario game from eons ago, who would've been implemented in Melee if Sakurai saw fit. He's not significant enough to the Mario franchise to be applicable.
-Master Chief (Halo) - Ask yourself this ... Would Microsoft honestly co-operate with Nintendo?
-Waluigi (Mario Sports/nothing else) - See Geno

On the off-hand, chars I support:
-Dante (Devil May Cry) - would be a good Capcom Rep, should Capcom agree to send Chars
-Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY) - Would be a solid non-copyrighted by Disney char, with a solid moveset possibility, for Square Enix
-New Pokemon Trainers (Pokemon) - Would open doors for new Pokemon Reps
-Skull Kid (Zelda Ocarina of time/Majora's Mask) - Great moveset possibility

-And lastly, deadmau5, because i've been listenning to him for the past hour (disclaimer-jk)

feel free to argue my points, or add to this list with your own gripes about char support that you don't get either.
---
Answer Me This: "What does the Scouter say about his Power Level?!"
Correct Answerers: 16
#2l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/9/2013 9:35:48 PM
ITT: Mario sports is only one game

Anyway, I'm very accepting of other peoples' opinions. I don't see what's not to get about people supporting a character they like.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#3PaulMalucciMDPosted 2/9/2013 9:39:07 PM
I agree with you on Dixie. She just doesn't seem at too exciting by herself. I'd rather have Diddy/Dixie as a duo a la DKC 2.
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#4chocolatecereal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:39:07 PM
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
ITT: Mario sports is only one game

Anyway, I'm very accepting of other peoples' opinions. I don't see what's not to get about people supporting a character they like.

Yeah, I meant to take the words "He isn't significant enough to the series" from Geno's quote into Waluigi's. But Some support is just weird, and I like to be realistic, so....
---
#5_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/9/2013 9:42:51 PM
Dante.
Really?
I am a fan of dante, but you are very very confused if you think he has any chance in this game,
not only did none of his flahship titles make it on to a nintendo console,
Sakura said himself the biggest problem with 3rd party characters in s,ash is that they have to fit into the universe created by the fighters.

a over the top violent and profanity spewing genre does not mesh well with kirby, pokemon, zelda, or mario, in any way shape or form.

and not only that, but youre reasoning for not having a moveset for characters does not work at all,
Tell me how captain falcon works? tell me how mario only running and jumping on heads works?

Animal crossing could use items, such as a bug net, an axe, a fishing rod, a sling shot, various undisclosed items in the form of "leafs" and more.

I do support you backing lots of the characters, but not if sense isn't put behind them.

For instance, Little Mac isnt someone I support, His moveset would be incredibly boring-
before people jump on me, The character was made as the under dog, that Fights simple and clean ONLY using left and right jabs as well as an uppercut. Seeing him use any sort of other form of attack would seem off, but more importantly out of character. That is why I dont support the Awesome character, but I will not deny his chances.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#6IngSlayerPosted 2/9/2013 9:45:02 PM
How does having Diddy make Dixie pointless?
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#7chocolatecereal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:51:44 PM
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
Dante.
Really?
I am a fan of dante, but you are very very confused if you think he has any chance in this game,
Sakura said himself the biggest problem with 3rd party characters in s,ash is that they have to fit into the universe created by the fighters.

a over the top violent and profanity spewing genre does not mesh well with kirby, pokemon, zelda, or mario, in any way shape or form.

and not only that, but youre reasoning for not having a moveset for characters does not work at all,
Tell me how captain falcon works? tell me how mario only running and jumping on heads works?

Animal crossing could use items, such as a bug net, an axe, a fishing rod, a sling shot, various undisclosed items in the form of "leafs" and more.

Now, the same thing happened as with Solid Snake as it could with any other violent character, i.e. Dante. I know Dante has next to no chance, he'd just be an... interesting character, to say the least. If Snake could mesh well with cute n' cuddly Nintendo chars, then why not another gunslinging, rutheless fighter?

And Mario is a plausible fighter. He's got Fire, his super-cape, and his fists to use. Same with musclebound bounty hunter, Captain Falcon.

Now, with AC'er. Well, I just don't see any of those being threatening to characters like Link and Marth and Snake, who are more weapon-intensive characters. I just wouldn't take him seriously, and It'd be wierd to see him in a <u>fighting</u> game.
---
#8chocolatecereal(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 9:53:47 PM
IngSlayer posted...
How does having Diddy make Dixie pointless?

They're generally similar in nature, appearance, size, and abilities. The only substantial difference would be the haircopter replacing Diddy's Jetpack, and a substitute for the Peanut Popguns, IMO.
---
#9_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/9/2013 10:06:57 PM
chocolatecereal posted...
_Super_Shadow_ posted...
Dante.
Really?

Now, the same thing happened as with Solid Snake as it could with any other violent character, i.e. Dante. I know Dante has next to no chance, he'd just be an... interesting character, to say the least. If Snake could mesh well with cute n' cuddly Nintendo chars, then why not another gunslinging, rutheless fighter?

And Mario is a plausible fighter. He's got Fire, his super-cape, and his fists to use. Same with musclebound bounty hunter, Captain Falcon.

Now, with AC'er. Well, I just don't see any of those being threatening to characters like Link and Marth and Snake, who are more weapon-intensive characters. I just wouldn't take him seriously, and It'd be wierd to see him in a <u>fighting</u> game.

Snake has appeared on nintendo consoles though, his main games, and not only that, but Snake has a sort of charm only to him, the soft kind of Nintendo humor, hiding under boxes, Exclamation marks, etc.

Dante spews out swears every five seconds, and his whit and sarcasm his one of his biggest traits, he doesnt ork as a more or less silent character. the only nintendo game he has been in is Tatsunoko vs capcom, and Project X zone. He does not fit into the series man. Be happy we got him in PSASBR and Project X zone. Its fine to want this, but follow your own rules for the topic. If you cant see how 1st party best selling nintendo franchises have a chance, then Dante must be some fever dream of yours. I dont mind if you support dante but its really foolish to neglect the chances of others, when dante is one of the least likely characters to ever be named.

Yes, but Captain Falcon was never out of his vehicle before that.

And if you want to talk like that, how is a frying pan and flap jacks/sausages intimidating to link? How is R.O.B.'s spinning tops intimidating to gannondorf. how is peach's radishes at all any damaging to someone like marth who has fought in wars? how is peanut's out of a wooden guns at all intimidating to a fire breathing dragon? a yellow piece of fabic reflecting concentrated plasma energy? this is nintendo man. come on.
---
#10_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/9/2013 10:08:47 PM
and I want to say, I hope im not coming off as to arrogant, I do realize I get heated in discussion, I just want to assure that this is all in fun!
---