On Waluigi and the Dojo...

#1SalsaSavantPosted 2/9/2013 10:55:14 PM
A while back, people were using the Dojo quote "The fact that heís an Assist Trophy means he wonít be appearing as a playable character, but..." to prove that Sakurai wanted Waluigi.

However... (And I know this is more than a bit late...)

Gray Fox: Awww! It makes you want to use him as a playable character.

Goroh: At last, Samurai Goroh stands on the battlegrounds of Smash.

Resetti: Itís Mr. Resetti from Animal Crossing. At long last he makes his appearance!

Saki: He rivals just about any main character. There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!

It seems Waluigi wasn't the only one to have something similar brought up. However, they statement was nowhere near as concrete as someone like Gray Fox. Therefore, by the Dojo quote argument, Gray Fox is more likely than Waluigi to become playable in Smash 4. Hence, the Dojo quote argument is flawed.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#2CharizardFirePosted 2/9/2013 11:04:00 PM(edited)
It's not proof that Sakurai wants Waluigi.

However, Sakurai doesn't say stuff like that about all Assist Trophy characters.

Also, I wouldn't use the things he said about Samurai Goroh and Resetti as part of a counter-argument, as the idea of playing as them isn't even brought up.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#3SalsaSavant(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:06:37 PM
CharizardFire posted...
It's not proof that Sakurai wants Waluigi.

However, Sakurai doesn't say stuff like that about all Assist Trophy characters.

Also, I wouldn't use the things he said about Samurai Goroh and Resetti as part of a counter-argument, as the idea of playing as them isn't even brought up.

I'm more interested in pointing out that it wasn't something exclusive to Waluigi. This isn't a counter argument so much as an objective look at the facts.

To make an argument and deliberately hide things that hide that argument would be a lie of omission, and would therefore make me lose credibility. And HONOR. And my smash board HONOR is very important to me.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#4MichaelollPosted 2/9/2013 11:40:03 PM
Do you believe in my argument he was used instead of, say Daisy, so they wouldn't have had to spend extra money on another voice actor?
#5LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/10/2013 6:19:30 AM
Michaeloll posted...
Do you believe in my argument he was used instead of, say Daisy, so they wouldn't have had to spend extra money on another voice actor?

I think it had more to do with Wario being a newcomer than anything.

I'm almost certain that if we got Wario in Melee and then Peach in Brawl, we would have gotten Daisy (or maybe Toad, if her moveset was different) as an AT instead.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#6SpunkySixPosted 2/10/2013 6:23:39 AM
Michaeloll posted...

No, because that pretty much makes no sense and you have zero proof, sorry.

As for Waluigi, the Dojo argument has never really been concrete for any character. I like the guy a ton, but random translated blurbs don't count for a lot as evidence.
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Chris Chan > Sonic X Chris
#7LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/10/2013 6:29:30 AM(edited)
Either way, using ATs to prove how likely a character is doesn't seem like the best idea to me, personally...

Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldnít quite make it as playable fighters.

I'm not saying that this "deconfirms" ATs or anything, but I'd be surprised if a quarter of the newcomers we get were ATs in Brawl and that puts Waluigi up against Little Mac, Isaac, Saki, Stafy/Starfy, Samurai Goroh, and Tingle. While some people would probably laugh at some of the characters I mentioned, I don't think any of them could be considered impossible additions at this point.
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#8ViewtifulGenePosted 2/10/2013 6:50:55 AM(edited)
Michaeloll posted...

You have no proof that's why Daisy was not chosen, so no. As a blind guess it is adorable though.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#9koopabros64Posted 2/10/2013 7:15:58 AM
There's not even anything in Waluigi's update to suggest that Sakurai would like to see him playable.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#10MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/10/2013 12:36:40 PM
koopabros64 posted...
There's not even anything in Waluigi's update to suggest that Sakurai would like to see him playable.

"The fact that heís an Assist Trophy means he wonít be appearing as a playable character, but..."