This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you prefer Ganondorf to play more like his Melee or Brawl version?

#1127_True_RunesPosted 2/10/2013 9:55:55 AM
liveman789 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
mrpants_again posted...
I'd prefer Ganondorf be cut personally and replaced by Girahim or Demise. Newer character/models (which seems to be the growing trend with Smash games) and an opportunity for a new moveset.

Ganondorf does not have to keep his current moveset and cutting him does not guarantee that we'll get a character with a unique moveset in his place.

Besides, cutting Ganondorf for an SS villain would be like cutting Bowser for Wart if Wart was the main villain in the newest Mario games.

While I agree, Bowser has a much bigger role in Mario games overall than Ganondorf does in the Zelda series. While Ganondorf is in probably about 50% of Zelda games, Bowser is in 95% in Mario games.

I woundn't exactly mind Ganondorf being replaced by Demise, because either way he's the incarnation of the same being, and I wouldn't count it out as impossible. Either way it doesn't matter to me, though.

This is what happens when a new villain comes along for one game and you want to drop the older one. SMH
---
If Goku was a pokemon he would be Lucario.
#12liveman789Posted 2/10/2013 10:10:24 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
liveman789 posted...
While I agree, Bowser has a much bigger role in Mario games overall than Ganondorf does in the Zelda series. While Ganondorf is in probably about 50% of Zelda games, Bowser is in 95% in Mario games.

Majora's Mask, Four Swords, The Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword are the only games where he makes absolutely no appearances.

And even if Ganon/Ganondorf is not as involved in the Zelda series as Bowser is to the Mario series, he's still one of the most recognizable and popular villains in gaming.

I woundn't exactly mind Ganondorf being replaced by Demise, because either way he's the incarnation of the same being,

Then anyone who hasn't played SS will be left in the dark as to who Demise is.

At least TP Link and Toon Link look similar to OoT Link and Young Link and they have the same name.

That's still only around 50%, like I said.

I'm not saying I want Ganondorf replaced by Demise. The point of my original post was just to say Bowser is more consistent than Ganondorf, and that I wouldn't particularly put it past them to put Demise in his place.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi49.tinypic.com/29l22bm.jpg
#13HejiruPosted 2/10/2013 10:10:30 AM
New moveset. It was understandable in Melee because he was only thrown in as a last-minute clone, but keeping him a clone in Brawl was inexcusable. He has plenty of possible moves on his own, there was no reason to keep him a clone of Captain Falcon.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#1427_True_RunesPosted 2/10/2013 10:13:53 AM
liveman789 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
liveman789 posted...

Majora's Mask, Four Swords, The Minish Cap, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword are the only games where he makes absolutely no appearances.

And even if Ganon/Ganondorf is not as involved in the Zelda series as Bowser is to the Mario series, he's still one of the most recognizable and popular villains in gaming.

I woundn't exactly mind Ganondorf being replaced by Demise, because either way he's the incarnation of the same being,

At least TP Link and Toon Link look similar to OoT Link and Young Link and they have the same name.

I'm not saying I want Ganondorf replaced by Demise. The point of my original post was just to say Bowser is more consistent than Ganondorf, and that I wouldn't particularly put it past them to put Demise in his place.

You're right about Bowser is more consistent then Ganondorf, but 5 games only? That is NOT half of Zelda games.
---
If Goku was a pokemon he would be Lucario.
#15liveman789Posted 2/10/2013 10:24:27 AM
27_True_Runes posted...
liveman789 posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
liveman789 posted...

You're right about Bowser is more consistent then Ganondorf, but 5 games only? That is NOT half of Zelda games.

I think there are a few games without Ganondorf missing from that list, I could be wrong.
---
#16LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/10/2013 10:25:45 AM(edited)
liveman789 posted...

He's appeared and/or referenced in:

-The Legend of Zelda
-Zelda II: Adventures of Link (he shows up in the game over screen and the entire plot revolves around his potential revival, so I'd still say he counts)
-A Link to the Past
-Link's Awakening (as Shadow Ganon)
-Ocarina of Time
-Oracles of Seasons and Ages (when linked together)
-The Wind Waker
-Four Swords Adventures
-Twilight Princess
-Phatom Hourglass (in the intro of the game)
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#17liveman789Posted 2/10/2013 10:41:58 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
liveman789 posted...

He's appeared and/or referenced in:

-The Legend of Zelda
-Zelda II: Adventures of Link (he shows up in the game over screen and the entire plot revolves around his potential revival, so I'd still say he counts)
-A Link to the Past
-Link's Awakening (as Shadow Ganon)
-Ocarina of Time
-Oracles of Seasons and Ages (when linked together)
-The Wind Waker
-Four Swords Adventures
-Twilight Princess
-Phatom Hourglass (in the intro of the game)

Well yeah, I wasn't counting minor references, or Ganon alone.
---
#18CharizardFirePosted 2/10/2013 10:57:59 AM
Completely new moveset.

This.
---
http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq303/CharizardFire6/Char-Brawl.gif
#19SmallerRidleyPosted 2/10/2013 10:59:16 AM
Clearly Melee, but a further modified set that works in the new physics would be best.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#20BlackBeetleborgPosted 2/10/2013 11:26:05 AM
I know we have enough sword users, but he needs to either use that damn sword in battle, or use some dark magic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdU8oqCbvzo&feature=watch_response LoL-BlueberryHuggles UMvC3 Phoenix Wright/Captain America/Sentinel