My Music - Thematic or Franchise?

#1COlimar788Posted 2/10/2013 12:54:32 PM
In Brawl, the vast majority of stage music was based on the franchise the stage came from, with Mario stages getting Mario music, Halberd getting all the Kirby music (even tunes that were odd thematically, like the Amazing Mirror tune), and so on. But what if the music was based on the theme of the level instead?

For instance, Norfair could get a few Metroid tunes, and then also have the music from Lava Reef Zone, Bowser's Road, and Solar (Star Fox 64).

So, which would you prefer for Smash 4? Music based primarily on franchise, or music based primarily on level theme?

(Ideally you would be able to assign whatever music to whatever stage, but we'll assume that doesn't exist for the purposes of this topic)
---
There will never be a game as horribly disappointing as Other M
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#2SalsaSavantPosted 2/10/2013 12:57:09 PM
Thematic, but with the option in My Music to play any song on any stage.
---
Not changing this until something impossible happens
Started 12/02/12
#3PaulMalucciMDPosted 2/10/2013 1:04:56 PM
We need the Earthbound hotel music on Luigi's Mansion.
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley
#4Majora999Posted 2/10/2013 1:44:31 PM
Primarily franchise, but some thematic couldn't hurt.

The music from the Aurum chapters of Uprising would work great on Star Fox and Metroid stages.

Yoshi and Mario music could easily work for each other.

There's Donkey Kong music that'd work on Pikmin stages.
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#5TrueKirbyPosted 2/10/2013 2:34:26 PM
We need Lavender Town music playing on Yoshi's Island.
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0
#6TheGoshnerPosted 2/10/2013 3:17:15 PM
While I definitely think thematic is more important, I'm not sure your examples would fit for Norfair. It's not enough to just be lava. The Metroid world has a sort of techno feel to it that those songs lack.

But, definitely thematic. And that includes the fact that it has to be a BATTLE theme. At the very least, it has to be fast paced. No more Ai No Uta or whatever that was called on Pikmin Planet.
---
Official Prince of Popcorn of Everywhere