Somewhere along the way, Nintendo forgot how Marketting works

#41SmallerRidleyPosted 2/11/2013 10:18:33 PM(edited)
Which is what all their E3 is about, getting people excited for it. They didn't bank quite as hard on their launch as they probably should have, but they didn't really commit anything to it either.

If anything, this helps their big titles because they come into a market with a slightly established console. It's a dick move to 3rd party exclusives that came out in the launch window...owait.
---
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. In NGE, Doritos are perishable goods
#42helldewPosted 2/11/2013 11:14:48 PM
TC they released the wii with TP how the hell was that remotely a bad idea people had been waiting for TP for freaking YEARS.

And like it or not the wii Us big game it came out with is nintendoland.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#43a_fartn_SpartanPosted 2/11/2013 11:26:28 PM
The DS and 3DS did it well with the minigames in Super Mario 64 DS (touchscreen), and Super Mario 3D Land (3D). But part of the problem with the DS was big games like Zelda only having 1 method of controls...the touch screen.
---
Battletoads, Killer Instinct, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, DK Country, Diddy Racing, Banjo, Conker.
Rare, you will be missed.
#44TheGoshnerPosted 2/11/2013 11:30:37 PM
helldew posted...
TC they released the wii with TP how the hell was that remotely a bad idea people had been waiting for TP for freaking YEARS.

And like it or not the wii Us big game it came out with is nintendoland.

TP is a GC game. And, the fact that they hastily pasted on terrible motion controls onto a GC game does the complete opposite of show you how great motions controls are going to be. I actually specifically used TP as an example of how to do it wrong in my OP.
---
Official Prince of Popcorn of Everywhere
#45Genius_SagePosted 2/11/2013 11:42:13 PM(edited)
Goshner, friend request headed your way. Your topic is DEAD ON.

Nintendo PR is terrible. They keep things hidden because they don't want to be criticized and want to play by their own rules. They always are like that. Namco Bandia has better PR than them. Willing to throw a few bones to fans for niche titles like Tales of and ProjectxZone getting world releases

They get away with stuff because there are enough morons who buy their games no questions asked. People bought Sticker Star and that game was a crap Mario title. Nintendo and its customer relation is like a religious cult. Father Nintendo knows best even when they don't. You can't ask questions or there is a fake system set up that makes it look like you make some kind of difference. Nintendo of America is REALLY crappy now and I suggest they clear out their exec office as soon as possible.

You'd be surprised how many morons get into high paying positions. Some get in by who they know and some are not qualified and just get some training if they have good connections. The corp system in America is complete @#(*& mostly.
---
"What reason can anyone give me to not prefer the annihilation of all mankind to a scratch on my finger?"
#46Faceman_Posted 2/12/2013 1:23:19 AM
When will you people realize that all games are inferior to Phantasy Star IV.
#47Goshner2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 1:38:26 PM
Faceman_ posted...
When will you people realize that all games are inferior to Phantasy Star IV.

---
Deceased Prince of Popcorn of the Skyward Sword Board
"And I will never support Chrom." -Doug314
#48PT_PiranhaPosted 2/12/2013 1:56:02 PM
Surely there's more to this than just "I don't like any of the Wii U launch games, therefore Nintendo is declining". But after pages of arguments, I can't work up the will to make a point.
---
OH. BANANA.
"Mints make me lonely."