The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I hope they get rid of the whole "Trophy" nonsense.

#1OcarinaofToastPosted 2/10/2013 7:58:17 PM(edited)
Not the unlockable art gallery trophies, but in the story.

It was annoying to me that everyone in Brawl were supposedly trophies.

Anyone else hope they are not living trophies this time?
---
R.I.P. MovesLikeJabba who died at the hand of the mods-November 29, 2012~January 17, 2013
HAIL DRAGO NATION! IT'S WALUIGI TIME!!!
#2l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/10/2013 7:59:57 PM
You do know it was the same in Melee, right? And they were plush toys in 64.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#3HejiruPosted 2/10/2013 8:03:53 PM
What's wrong with trophies?
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#4DavCubePosted 2/10/2013 8:06:02 PM
If you want them to be the actual characters, Smash Bros is not the game for that.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#5_Super_Shadow_Posted 2/10/2013 8:45:36 PM
It's supposed to be a dream like world, and the player is fantasizing about the possibilities.

Thats why Master hand is in a childs room at the beginning, etc. I think its really cool that its kind of a dream world created by the player in a way.
---
Ridley, Tom Nook, Lip, Paper Mario, Megaman, Lloyd Irving, and Agumon for Smash
#6SpunkySixPosted 2/10/2013 9:00:36 PM
Totally agree. Why not just set it in a side canon that takes place in a mix of the universes at various times, in a kind of pocket dimension that none of them fully remember after leaving and that has its own time scale? That way they could actually use the characters instead of shoe-horning in deus ex machina trophy mechanics like they did in the SSE without screwing with actual canon. It didn't ruin anything per se, but it was totally unecessary.

MP has wacky stuff that can't happen in the main series all the time, and I don't see that series pretending that Mario and friends are sock puppets or something stupid like that. Why even bother? It was cute back in SB64 when the series was all light hearted and cutesy. It isn't anymore. Being toys clashes with the edgy feel of the series now.

Unless of course you're telling me some random six year old depressed goth kid imagined Tabuu, the destruction of a race of ROBs by suicide bombing and the whole SSE. In which case, what the crap Nintendo?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Rainbow Dash for Smash. Yeah, I said it.
#7BurnumMasterPosted 2/10/2013 9:07:39 PM
SpunkySix posted...
Totally agree. Why not just set it in a side canon that takes place in a mix of the universes at various times, in a kind of pocket dimension that none of them fully remember after leaving and that has its own time scale? That way they could actually use the characters instead of shoe-horning in deus ex machina trophy mechanics like they did in the SSE without screwing with actual canon. It didn't ruin anything per se, but it was totally unecessary.

MP has wacky stuff that can't happen in the main series all the time, and I don't see that series pretending that Mario and friends are sock puppets or something stupid like that. Why even bother? It was cute back in SB64 when the series was all light hearted and cutesy. It isn't anymore. Being toys clashes with the edgy feel of the series now.

Unless of course you're telling me some random six year old depressed goth kid imagined Tabuu, the destruction of a race of ROBs by suicide bombing and the whole SSE. In which case, what the crap Nintendo?

The story was so bad that I think a six year old could have come up with that.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#8MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/10/2013 9:16:14 PM
BurnumMaster posted...

Better than what the infant came up for Melee.
#9BurnumMasterPosted 2/10/2013 9:17:55 PM
MrSpacelySlate posted...
BurnumMaster posted...

Better than what the infant came up for Melee.

Dont forget the unborn fetus that came up with SSB64's story.
---
GT:BurnumMaster
#10Grimman5000Posted 2/10/2013 9:21:34 PM
You guys complain about the most inane stuff, you know that?