I hope they get rid of the whole "Trophy" nonsense.

#21SpunkySixPosted 2/11/2013 1:44:03 AM
LegendofLegaia posted...
ItsKaljinyuTime posted...
I have no problems with Smash affecting the actual canon. In fact, I would push for it if developers listened to wacky ideas like that.

Perhaps it wouldn't be bad for the Mario and Kirby series (which pretty much never have dark or serious stories), but I don't think it would be a good idea to screw up Metroid or Mother 3's canon with Smash Bros.

With even an ounce of effort they'd be able to fit story mode in to real canon without ruining anything.

Metroid: Oh God, the people Samus ticked off with an explosion at the end of Fusion are looking for her, but it seems she's disappeared altogether. Maybe she's gone for good because something got to her?

TRANSLATION: The empire or whoever it was, (played a while ago) is looking for Samus in her normal universe, but she isn't there because she's exploring other universes. This culminates in a fight with Ridley alongside her new Pikachu friend, who reminds her of the Baby Metroid she met long ago. When she gets back, because people have stopped looking for her and she is presumed dead, she gets a small time of peace before somebody detects signs of her again.

Mother: (Harder, as I haven't played, but) Oh God, the whole world ended but what's this, Ness and Lucas have woken up in the abandoned zoo from their past? Why are they alive? Could there be a chance to bring everything and everybody back?

TRANSLATION: After the events of Mother 3, Ness and Lucas wake up in the abandoned zoo. Happy to be alive but confused, the pair set out to find out what happened and set right what went wrong. In the end, the Mother universe is recovered with no doubt and multiple sad events have been undone in the process, including the deaths of Lucas' mother and Claus.

Would that not be cool to see?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Rainbow Dash for Smash. Yeah, I said it.
#22DarthBadgerPosted 2/11/2013 4:00:35 AM
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
Perhaps it wouldn't be bad for the Mario and Kirby series (which pretty much never have dark or serious stories), but I don't think it would be a good idea to screw up Metroid or Mother 3's canon with Smash Bros.

Beings of utter hatred and darkness that go out of their way to exterminate all that is good and happy? Zero and Zero 2 would like a word with you.

Not to mention Zero-2 was eerily dark. I think he is possibly the only boss in a Kirby game that actually would BLEED when ya hit him.

I could be wrong but I think I remember the "true" final boss of Crystal Shards bleeding or something.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
Should have. Should *******have.
#23Kratos_Aurion75Posted 2/11/2013 4:06:39 AM
Would much rather see development time go into gameplay instead of idiotically wasting time on a story for a multiplayer game.
---
-And by fog, of course, MassiveUnit means black void of nothingness.
#24stevenbobPosted 2/11/2013 4:25:33 AM
SpunkySix posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...
I have no problems with Smash affecting the actual canon. In fact, I would push for it if developers listened to wacky ideas like that.

With even an ounce of effort they'd be able to fit story mode in to real canon without ruining anything.

Metroid: Oh God, the people Samus ticked off with an explosion at the end of Fusion are looking for her, but it seems she's disappeared altogether. Maybe she's gone for good because something got to her?

TRANSLATION: The empire or whoever it was, (played a while ago) is looking for Samus in her normal universe, but she isn't there because she's exploring other universes. This culminates in a fight with Ridley alongside her new Pikachu friend, who reminds her of the Baby Metroid she met long ago. When she gets back, because people have stopped looking for her and she is presumed dead, she gets a small time of peace before somebody detects signs of her again.

Mother: (Harder, as I haven't played, but) Oh God, the whole world ended but what's this, Ness and Lucas have woken up in the abandoned zoo from their past? Why are they alive? Could there be a chance to bring everything and everybody back?

TRANSLATION: After the events of Mother 3, Ness and Lucas wake up in the abandoned zoo. Happy to be alive but confused, the pair set out to find out what happened and set right what went wrong. In the end, the Mother universe is recovered with no doubt and multiple sad events have been undone in the process, including the deaths of Lucas' mother and Claus.

ruin mothers ending

no I am fine non cannon
---
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine us version name maelxich
Shin Megami Tensei Imagine Japanese version name maelxich
#25SpunkySixPosted 2/11/2013 4:29:23 AM
How would it ruin the ending to see it continued? That's not the only way they could do it, by the way, it's just an example.

Besides, if you're so fine with this being non canon and the events of Mother 3 are unlikely to be undone in canon as it is, why would you even care what happens here?
---
Tissue to the extreme!
Rainbow Dash for Smash. Yeah, I said it.
#26ThatPersonGuyPosted 2/11/2013 5:31:14 AM
SpunkySix posted...
Totally agree. Why not just set it in a side canon that takes place in a mix of the universes at various times, in a kind of pocket dimension that none of them fully remember after leaving and that has its own time scale? That way they could actually use the characters instead of shoe-horning in deus ex machina trophy mechanics like they did in the SSE without screwing with actual canon. It didn't ruin anything per se, but it was totally unecessary.

MP has wacky stuff that can't happen in the main series all the time, and I don't see that series pretending that Mario and friends are sock puppets or something stupid like that. Why even bother? It was cute back in SB64 when the series was all light hearted and cutesy. It isn't anymore. Being toys clashes with the edgy feel of the series now.

Unless of course you're telling me some random six year old depressed goth kid imagined Tabuu, the destruction of a race of ROBs by suicide bombing and the whole SSE. In which case, what the crap Nintendo?

To be honest, no one really wants this game to be edgy like Brawl.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#27ThatPersonGuyPosted 2/11/2013 5:38:21 AM
I don't want this thing to be shoehorned into canon, though. It would feel stupid if they couldn't include an iconic enemy from say, the Metroid or Zelda series, because they were already dead by the time the game started, and if they made it start earlier fans would STILL moan off about how Samus doesn't have access to all of her cool stuff from the Prime series.

It's a lose-lose situation using canon, and there's no benefit. It might even convult the respective canons even MORE. And who cares at the end of the day if SSB is canon or not? I mean, we have Ness fighting Lucas, who are hundreds of years apart. Let's cut Lucas, because that could never happen in canon. Cut Toon Link, and cut Ganon and Shiek if we're using the SS look. Cut all the medival/magic characters, because they would get decimated in canon by the others. CUt Pikachu, because the Anime has such a F***ed up canon including him would convult the story even moreso.

See where I'm going with this?
---
#28ThatPersonGuyPosted 2/11/2013 5:43:17 AM
SpunkySix posted...
LegendofLegaia posted...

That MOther part is severely ridiculous, and would piss off the ENTIRE MOTHER FANBASE. There's a reason why they didn't just revive Hinawa or Make Claus normal again. . It's because those events were supposed to weigh heavily upon the player, in such a story heavy game. And you mean to tell me that both of them, wake up in a ZOO that was never in either of their games, when ALL THREE GAMES TAKE PLACE HUNDREDS OF YEARS APART?

And... how exactly does anyone get in this one universe anyways? It sounds like a story that would be fine as a fanfiction, but no doubt piss off anyone and everyone as canon, with no potential gain in the process.
---
#29ThatPersonGuyPosted 2/11/2013 5:45:28 AM
SpunkySix posted...
How would it ruin the ending to see it continued? That's not the only way they could do it, by the way, it's just an example.

Besides, if you're so fine with this being non canon and the events of Mother 3 are unlikely to be undone in canon as it is, why would you even care what happens here?

Because that makes it even more pointless to begin with. These games don't need to try so hard to fit into canon, because at the end of the day Fox throwing a Mr. Saturn at Link isn't going to be canon no matter how you play it.
---
#30fawful_XPosted 2/11/2013 7:47:16 AM(edited)
Do you think Zero, an eyeball boss that RIPS OUT ITS OWN GODDAMNED IRIS and comes back from the dead because of pure hatred isn't dark and edgy, especially for the series it appeared in (Kirby)? If a series that revolves around a pink puffball and it's rather happy adventures has a nightmare like that, I wouldn't believe Smash would not be able to come up with something dark and edgy.

Also, for anyone wondering, the iris is the colored portion of your eye.
---
On of the most neutral(est?) of the Generic Neutral Accosiation of complete unofficiality and anonymity.
Rather terrible memory over here.