This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does Jigglypuff have against her now that she didn't have pre-Brawl?

#1l33t_iRk3n_Rm33Posted 2/11/2013 2:36:00 PM
Wouldn't Sakurai have cut her already if he wanted to?
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#2liveman789Posted 2/11/2013 2:38:40 PM
While Jigglypuff may not be as relevant anymore to the Pokemon series as she used to be, she's still relevant to the Smash Bros series as one of the classic characters with a funny and interesting moveset.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi49.tinypic.com/29l22bm.jpg
#3HejiruPosted 2/11/2013 2:39:05 PM
Nothing really. The evidence against her now was also present pre-Brawl. I guess you could try and make the argument that since Sakurai wants a Brawl-sized roster, somebody has to be cut for 6th Gen, yadda yadda yadda.... but I think that's more of a statement against Lucario than Jigglypuff.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#4l33t_iRk3n_Rm33(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 2:40:41 PM
liveman789 posted...
While Jigglypuff may not be as relevant anymore to the Pokemon series as she used to be, she's still relevant to the Smash Bros series as one of the classic characters with a funny and interesting moveset.

She wasn't relevant in Brawl's time either.
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg
#5Majora999Posted 2/11/2013 2:42:46 PM
Another Generation and a half pushing her more and more out of focus.

But I don't see her leaving, or any of the original 12, for that matter. She's a mainstay, one of the original WTF characters (next to Captain Falcon) and Jap'n loooves her. Hell she got in over Pit in the first game because of that (the rest were time constraints, but Pit was specifically outed for Jiggz.)
---
Not changing sig until Gamefreak brings back R/S/E Secret Bases ~ 2/20/11
#6GenoPosted 2/11/2013 2:46:30 PM
majora999 posted...
But I don't see her leaving, or any of the original 12, for that matter.

I think it's best that most people should just accept this is how it is for the Original 12.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#7HejiruPosted 2/11/2013 2:47:18 PM
majora999 posted...
Hell she got in over Pit in the first game because of that (the rest were time constraints, but Pit was specifically outed for Jiggz.)

Where did you hear that? Because the rumor that says "Bowser, Dedede, Mewtwo, Pit, Peach, and Meowth were all planned!" is only half true. Only Bowser, Mewtwo, and Dedede were planned. I've never seen any evidence that Pit, Peach or Meowth were ever planned.
And an interview confirmed that Jigglypuff got in because she looked like Kirby, so it was easy to reuse animations, thus adding another character while still working under time constraints. It had nothing to do with the anime, contrary to popular belief.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#8LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/11/2013 3:02:34 PM
Geno posted...
majora999 posted...

I think it's best that most people should just accept this is how it is for the Original 12.

Why should I accept an argument with very little evidence backing it up?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#9ViewtifulGenePosted 2/11/2013 3:06:28 PM
Geno posted...
majora999 posted...

The fact that Sakurai even considered cutting Ness and Jigglypuff shows that the original 12 are not necessarily sacred. It doesn't mean they will be cut or are likely to be cut, but it does mean they could be cut.
---
"Once again, ViewtifulGene's logic blows minds and crushes dreams." -TheGamingGolfer
"Supez teh king" -dedekong
#10PaulMalucciMDPosted 2/11/2013 3:13:03 PM(edited)
I guess the order they added in characters in the data?

Jiggly probably isn't going anywhere though.
---
Rating of LOST S3E15 - 7/10
"Its only like the most awesome hour of television" - Hurley