This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What does Jigglypuff have against her now that she didn't have pre-Brawl?

#31GenoPosted 2/11/2013 10:32:26 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
You're still jumping to a conclusion without adequate evidence. You can claim your reasoning is "sound", but that doesn't exactly change what you're doing.

I feel that the pattern is sufficient enough evidence in this particular case. You clearly don't. I appreciate that you don't want to see any of them gone, and I also appreciate that you seem to be adamant about finding and standing that middle ground, but there's no evidence I can provide you besides that.

And I'm not really jumping into any conclusions any more than any other person on this forum tends to.

If you're so concerned with winning an argument, then try not to take the "let's turn off our brains and never question anything because there might be an outcome we won't like" side of an argument.

I'm not really that concerned about winning the argument. Now that I know you would prefer not to see them gone, there's not much argument left anymore, honestly.

Sakurai has given us info on things during the development of the Smash Bros. games in the past. I don't see what's so impossible about him confirming whether or not the Original 12 are more important to him than the other characters.

If you cannot provide solid evidence aside from a pattern, then don't expect me to ignore the possibility of not everyone in the Original 12 being safe just because you don't want to see any of them gone.

I don't want to see any of them gone, and I agree that that doesn't necessarily make them safe, but I'm putting myself somewhere where, logically, the odds are stacked so significantly that assuming that any of them will get cut for any real reason is, at best, mildly radical.

You say you're not being arrogant, yet you're assuming what Sakurai's decision on cuts in the roster will be in this very section of your post.

Yeah, man. That's how game development works. They sit around and they discuss the stuff on purpose. There's an agenda to be followed. Stuff gets thrown around pretty roughshod because they have a time budget. They roughly outline what they're going to develop throughout their cycle and try their best to stick to it. Sakurai's stated this several times, and the evidence is all there with all the characters that have been cut/added due to time constraints.

I'm not really making any assumptions here, that's just how ANY game's devcycle works, not just fighting games.

Maybe that speaks volumes for Mother 2's popularity, but that doesn't speak specifically about Ness's popularity compared to Lucas's popularity.

Ness is the figurehead of the series, and he gets his own merchandise. If it doesn't affect his popularity, then it certainly does wonders for his recognition.

Anyway, I'd just like to say that I love debating with you, man. You bring up some excellent points. I'd probably do better if it wasn't so darn late. XD
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#32alpha-apePosted 2/12/2013 12:19:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33ssj_duelistPosted 2/12/2013 3:40:05 AM
People need to remember that she was a last minute addition to Brawl (along with Sonic and Wolf). It's why she never appeared in the SSE. She was not originally planed to return.
#34Charizard18Posted 2/12/2013 4:17:10 AM
westonticklee posted...
All I know is that if Jiggs isn't in this game I'm protesting

My friend, I second this.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#35Chzrm3Posted 2/12/2013 2:34:19 PM
None of the original 12 should ever be cut. I also feel like all the Melee vets who returned in Brawl should also be safe now.

We'll see who, from Brawl, is safe - I imagine anyone that was officially announced on the site pre-launch is in the franchise for life.
---
If I haven't mentioned Trivio in my post, it's because she is so beautiful and precarious that I just wanted to show her how much she means to me.
#36Elec Man EXEPosted 2/12/2013 3:29:08 PM
More new generations and general passage of time making her less relevent. Not insane amounts less, mind you, but every bit hurts.

Also, I'd estimate Jigglypuff was added (back) into Brawl pretty late in development. Considering her being tacked-on at the end of SSE without having any role in the story and her simplistic FS. That being the case (and knowing Mewtwo was in a similar situation except he didn't make it) could mean that Jiggs made it into Brawl largely because she was one of the easier characters to finish last-minute during a time crunch.

If that is the case, it means she wasn't regarded all that highly for Brawl, so she could be disregarded in a similar manner for Smash4. And maybe time constraints wont' favor her this time, though they seem to work for her up until now.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#37l33t_iRk3n_Rm33(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2013 2:02:39 PM
ssj_duelist posted...
People need to remember that she was a last minute addition to Brawl (along with Sonic and Wolf). It's why she never appeared in the SSE. She was not originally planed to return.

But she was in anyway? Why would Sakurai put Jiggz in Brawl if he didn't want to?
---
The key to being a genius, or just a good person in general, is to be stupid in moderation.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg