Roster Prediction v2.0 (with pic)

#1SmashBro25Posted 2/11/2013 8:48:45 PM
I've revised my prediction a bit.
Here's a link to the image:
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn71/brawlman25/SSB4PlannedRosterFinal_zps433b1278.png

Changes from previous roster
-Removed Isaac and Ray 01
-Added Palutena and Mii

Reasoning: Ray, while I think a great fit for Smash Bros., really hasn't seen any action in quite some time, and was a long shot to begin with. Isaac also has been out of the spotlight for a significant amount of time, so I think remaining as an AT is probably the most logical option.
I have warmed up to Palutena a lot after finishing Uprising; and the more I see of her the more I think she has potential as a playable Smash character.
I think Mii's are going to be prominently featured in this game in some way. Maybe not as playable characters, but in some major fashion. I think Mii's could be the key to linking the 3DS and Wii U versions. If not, consider their spot a "freebie" for any potential prominent new series that pops up between now and Smash 4's release.

The Roster: (* denotes unlockable)

Super Mario/Yoshi/Wario
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.*
Wario
Yoshi

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Toon Link*
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*
Ghirahim*

Metroid
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley*

Star Fox
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Kirby
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede*

Pokemon
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff*
Mewtwo* (see note below)
Lucario*

Mother
Ness
Lucas*

Fire Emblem
Marth
Ike*
Chrom

Kid Icarus
Pit
Palutena* (should be unlockable on the pic)

Other series
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Olimar
Shulk
Mii

Retro series
Takamaru
Ice Climbers
Balloon Fighter
Mr. Game & Watch*
ROB*

Third Party
Sonic*
Snake*
Mega Man*
Pac-Man*

Note on Mewtwo: Considering we have only seen 5 of them, it is way too early to tell if a sixth gen Pokemon has a reasonable chance of inclusion. Until more are revealed, Mewtwo holds that roster spot.

Comments and criticisms appreciated!

Starting Roster: 26 Characters + Mii + Random
Unlockable Characters: 22

Total newcomers: 13 + Mii
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#2MM125Posted 2/11/2013 8:50:18 PM
SmashBro25 posted...
-Removed Isaac

:\
---
Oooh, MM, he be tryin' you, dawg. He be tryin' you. Best mind you biiiiiiiz-ness. ~KMA
*triple z snap* ~AluminumTicket
#3FoxMakinWafflesPosted 2/11/2013 8:52:14 PM
MM125 posted...
SmashBro25 posted...
-Removed Isaac

:\

---
Opinions on users change rapidly as their power-levels are exposed. -Ressechu
#4LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/11/2013 8:58:05 PM
I doubt that Ghirahim or Balloon Fighter will make it into the roster, but otherwise, this seems fairly realistic.

Though I wouldn't leave the Pokemon series like that. Even if Sakurai won't get enough information on Gen VI before deciding the roster, that still doesn't stop Gen V from possibly getting a rep.

Either way, the Pokemon series has always gotten several newcomers in each SSB game. It's a bit ridiculous to think that the Pokemon series won't get an actual newcomer in SSB4 (Mewtwo doesn't count since he's already been in a previous SSB game).
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one
#5UberPyro64Posted 2/11/2013 9:03:15 PM(edited)
Replace Balloon Fighter with Lip.

Also though he is my most requested, I'd remove Ghirahim. He's just not likely. I guess I'd add Dixie Kong for a DK rep instead.

Oh yeah and Gen 6 rep instead of Mewtwo.
---
My SSB4 Roster: http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/45/latestssb4roster2roster.png
#6SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:21:36 PM
LegendofLegaia posted...
I doubt that Ghirahim or Balloon Fighter will make it into the roster, but otherwise, this seems fairly realistic.

Though I wouldn't leave the Pokemon series like that. Even if Sakurai won't get enough information on Gen VI before deciding the roster, that still doesn't stop Gen V from possibly getting a rep.

Either way, the Pokemon series has always gotten several newcomers in each SSB game. It's a bit ridiculous to think that the Pokemon series won't get an actual newcomer in SSB4 (Mewtwo doesn't count since he's already been in a previous SSB game).

I would love both Mewtwo and a sixth gen Pokemon, but I'm not sure if the number of newcomers on the whole that are expected (lower than in previous installments) warrants two more without any cutting (and I'd rather not make any cuts). I'll reserve judgment on a sixth gen until we've seen more, but I would think one is more likely than Mewtwo as long as it is popular and works for Smash. However, with the very recent announcement of Mewtwo's role in the new Pokemon movie, that could boost Mewtwo's chances.
---
#7SmashBro25(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 10:23:30 PM
UberPyro64 posted...
Replace Balloon Fighter with Lip.

Also though he is my most requested, I'd remove Ghirahim. He's just not likely. I guess I'd add Dixie Kong for a DK rep instead.

Oh yeah and Gen 6 rep instead of Mewtwo.

I think Balloon Fighter has a lot more potential to be a unique and interesting character than Lip, especially with his recent promotion in Nintendo Land and the VC.

Given the lack of a Zelda newcomer in Brawl (Toon Link doesn't really count), I think we are due for one and he's much more acceptable than Tingle, even if he is a one-shot.

See my above post and notes on the OP for Pokemon comments.
---
#8liveman789Posted 2/11/2013 10:51:32 PM
I'll rate the roster's likeliness, starting with a 10/10

-.5 for 49 characters. I don't think we'll be getting any more than 45. Sakurai said they reached the limit with Brawl, so adding 14 (more if there are cuts) would be too many.

-.25 for Ghirahim. I think he has a 50/50 shot. He has only appeared in one Zelda game, but was the most consistent main villain of any Zelda game. He's also immensely popular. I'd usually take off .5, but since he's one of those 50/50 characters, I'm only deducting .25.

-.5 for Mewtwo. We have no way of knowing what the chances are for a character that was ultimately cut. Yeah, he was planned, but in the end there were more important characters.

-.5 for Ridley. It's clear that Ridley was made to be a boss character. His demand was huge for both Melee and Brawl, and he ended up being ignored in Melee and as a boss in Brawl. I think his chances are very low, depsite his demand.

-.5 for Mega Man. If we get third parties again, the first choice is obviously Pac-man. I kind of doubt we'll get a second one, especially if Sonic and Snake stay. The roster isn't going to grow much more, and those additional spots should go to deserving Nintendo characters. Also, Capcom "hates" Mega Man.

So I guess you get a 7.75/10 for likeliness.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi49.tinypic.com/29l22bm.jpg
#9GenoPosted 2/11/2013 10:53:57 PM
Not a bad roster, actually. I think it's pretty fair.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#10LegendofLegaiaPosted 2/11/2013 11:02:56 PM
SmashBro25 posted...
Given the lack of a Zelda newcomer in Brawl (Toon Link doesn't really count), I think we are due for one and he's much more acceptable than Tingle, even if he is a one-shot.

What makes Tingle any less acceptable than Ghirahim?
---
Ninten/Giygas/Porky/Masked Man_Ridley_Black Shadow_Little Mac_Animal Crosser_Toad/Bowser Jr._Mega Man_Mewtwo_Palutena and Terra FOR SMASH! / = Either one